Restaurant reviews and recipes...formerly Disney QOTD

We love the Prime Time Diner!! :thumbsup2 The food is really good and I love the retro decor!! The motherly scoldings for inappropriate behavior at the table or for not cleaning your plate by the wait staff is a big bonus!!:thumbsup2:laughing: Especially when you have a child that is a picky eater!!:sad2::confused3:laughing: Let's just say he always leaves there with a red face!!!:blush::lmao:

I love 50's too......looks like the kitchen I grew up in :blush: Talk about dating myself!!
Great food. I did have one bad meal there (dinner), so back to lunch time for us and they have all been great!

Hollywood Brown Derby, mainly because they serve my favourite wine ever which I haven't found in any other Disney restaurant!

I have to say Sci-Fi Diner. Not because the food is excellent but because the kids love it and the atmosphere is fun. :thumbsup2

I love 50's too......looks like the kitchen I grew up in :blush: Talk about dating myself!!
Great food. I did have one bad meal there (dinner), so back to lunch time for us and they have all been great!

We always do lunch ressies too! :thumbsup2 We do it late though,we try and get the last or closest to the last lunch ressie of the day so we cover lunch and dinner!! ;) This also means we pay lunch prices for the exact same food that gets VERY expensive after 4!! :eek: With 5 of us that adds up!!! :scared1::laughing:We figure we eat dinner early still pay lunch prices and can enjoy the night in the park!;)

I ate at the Sci-Fri restaurant many years ago--it was alright. I've never eaten at any other sit down at DHS. I don't usually spend much time there.

We always do lunch ressies too! :thumbsup2 We do it late though,we try and get the last or closest to the last lunch ressie of the day so we cover lunch and dinner!! ;) This also means we pay lunch prices for the exact same food that gets VERY expensive after 4!! :eek: With 5 of us that adds up!!! :scared1::laughing:We figure we eat dinner early still pay lunch prices and can enjoy the night in the park!;)

We usually always do our big sit down meal for lunch.
Nice break, lower prices.
Being just the 2 of us usually now, we go back to the resort after lunch (arriving at rope drop), rest for a few hours and then head back to the park for the evening. CS dinner. Breakfast in room.

We have breakfast in the room too!! ;)And many times lunch! We like to go back to the room around noon from the parks and go to the pool,especially if it's summer and it's hotter than Hades!!:eek::rotfl: So I may make sandwiches and take them to the pool and eat there! That's the beauty of Disney Vacation Club!! :thumbsup2
Nancy do you use owners locker? We love it!! It's nice not to have to carry all the toiletries with us. I also keep things like paper plates,cups,coffee filters tea, bags Splenda,ect. saves on having to buy them every time we go!!

I don't do owner's locker. We only go every couple of years, so I didn't think it would be worth it.
I do pack some food...our cereal and candy from home. I figure that I can use the space displacement for souveniors ;) I buy my tea at the UK....especially when the Christmas blend is there. We order from Gardengrocer too. This will be our third time.
And now we are DVCing on both coasts :yay:

Still haven't made it to DL!:sad2::confused3 We have been talking about it though!:) So far the whole family has expressed an interest in going! :grouphug: They have seen the rides that are there that aren't in WDW and are dying to try them!! ;):laughing: It's an unfulfilled dream of mine since I was a little kid to go to DL!! :yay: It's just we are annual pass holders at WDW and we would have to buy passes there as well!!!:eek::laughing:

::yes:: We have AP at WDW and next year we will get them for DLR (but we won't renew our WDW)....when we finally move :rolleyes: we will be only about 6 hours away from DLR :yay:

QOTD 8-8

so....now what is your favorite CS at DHS (this is one I need to hear, not too thrilled with any we have tried so far)?

We tend to eat at Rosie's All American Cafe, as John will run and get a turkey leg while I am getting my lunch. I am all about trying new places this trip though.

Side Note - Nancy I have asked around and have gotten lots of bad reviews on Tony's and while I know we should try it out for ourselves we will be skipping it this trip.

I don't think we've ever had CS there. I think in general we don't plan many if any of our meals around eating at DHS.

We like Sci Fi for our TS. The only CS we have eaten at that I remember is one over near TOT. We bought two servings of chicken nuggets that fed the four of us.

I can't think of the name of the CS I ate at in Dec. It's near Star Tours, I had a cheeseburger that was OK. I think if Star Tours wasn't in DHS, I'd never go there. Well, and now Toy Story Mania--that was pretty good. I barely go to DHS.

DHS has always been a difficult one for us, last couple of times we ate at "Toy Story Pizza Planet" (remember Nancy that's where we meet), it was ok but nothing great, my nieces love pizza that's why we always go there for lunch. We didn't eat dinner in the park we decided to leave and eat on the Boardwalk instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter