Restaurant reviews and recipes...formerly Disney QOTD

Discussion in 'Exchanges' started by Meriweather, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

First one:

How old were you the first time you visited a Disney park?

I was 3....that was LONG ago!! :rolleyes:

As of 1-3-10, this thread has switched to a restaurant-of-the-day review.
    I will post a restaurant for review and then the next day will be the posting of recipes from that restaurant

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jrnunzio3

jrnunzio3 DIS Veteran

I do believe that I was either 7 or 8, flew out to CA to see my sister and we drove to Disney Land. I still have a couple of "A, B and C" tickets for rides. Now that was a LONG time ago. I wonder if those tickets have dates on them?
    Jenny

4. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

LOL....well, my trip was to DL also. I well, remember those tickets. ::yes::

5. amsyw

amsyw I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing

I was 8!

Did you ever think back then the obsession it would become?!?! :rolleyes1

6. mommytotwo

mommytotwo DIS Veteran

7. Pooh67_68

Pooh67_68 <font color=teal>My head looked like a brillo pad<

1983, I was 16 and went with a teacher from school. We both knew the same family and she was going down to house sit for a week and asked it I wanted to go too. We didn't even spend a full whole day, but crammed in MK and Epcot, it had a lasting effect on me. ;)

8. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I was 16 and I was on a rail/bus tour of the Canadian Rockies and the West. I lived in NJ, so I was far from home, and we visited Disneyland! I loved it!

Bobbi:goodvibes

9. Danauk

Danauk <font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio

22 on my honeymoon at Disneyland Paris, 27 the 1st time I went to WDW. Being in England it was harder for us to cross the 'pond' when I was little. I remember when I was about 10 my Auntie and Uncle had been to WDW, they had videod it and showed it to use, I decided then I wanted to go there.

10. dogodisney

dogodisney DIS Veteran

Our first time I was 44, DH was 49, DD was 13 other DD was 11 and DGD was 2 1/2 ( her mom was 17 then first time she went).

We are planning our 3rd trip, our first at Christmas. I'm like a big kid when it comes to Disney.

11. dzee

dzee <font color=royalblue>No Blue Cars!!<br><font colo

I was 26 when my DH and I went to WDW for the first time!! :yay: Have been hooked ever since!!!;):rotfl:

12. Missy1961

Missy1961 Knows who did it and why

I was 32, I went to WDW with my brother, sister-in-law & my twin nephews who were 2 1/2. What I didn't know (but I suspected) was that my SIL was pregnant with my niece. So we always tease Mary that she was on that trip! That was 1993. then I went with them to DL in 1995, and WDW again in 1999. Then in 2004, I went with my sister, BIL & nieces. And in 2005, I did my first solo trip.

13. Dani C

Dani C DIS Veteran

14 - Trip with my brother when he was stationed in Florida. We went to Epcot Center and MGM Studios (with the real backlot tour).

14. scotsgal56

scotsgal56 Mouseketeer

I was 51 when I first went in 2007, my only visit so far-------- well till next year:banana: Never ever thought I would ever visit WDW but never say never is my motto now! It takes a lot of saving and planning to come over from the UK. Unfortunataly don't have the finances to do it every year plus there are other places we want to go to as well. Ahhhhh if only we were rich;)

15. BELLEDOZER

BELLEDOZER Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I was 6 or 7 when we first visited DL. I remember that we drove down, and stayed at one of the kitshy hotels that had a goofy alien theme, with shrubbery shaped like aliens. Then in 1973 drove across Canada, then drove down to Orlando after entering the US via somewhere in Ont. Stayed at one of the campgrounds that you could take a ferry to WDW. At the time we went, they were still building some of the attractions, but we still had a good time anyway (how can you tell I've got a photographic memory). Am in the process of saving for a return trip to WDW in Aug 2011. With being a stay at home mom, and one income, it takes us longer to save for a trip. Have a great day everyone!

Trish

16. BELLEDOZER

BELLEDOZER Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I was 6 or 7 when we first visited DL. I remember that we drove down, and stayed at one of the kitshy hotels that had a goofy alien theme, with shrubbery shaped like aliens. Then in 1973 drove across Canada, then drove down to Orlando after entering the US via somewhere in Ont. Stayed at one of the campgrounds that you could take a ferry to WDW. At the time we went, they were still building some of the attractions, but we still had a good time anyway (how can you tell I've got a photographic memory). Am in the process of saving for a return trip to WDW in Aug 2011. With being a stay at home mom, and one income, it takes us longer to save for a trip. Have a great day everyone!

Trish

Sorry for the double post, sometimes the forum gives me a double post.

17. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

I was 36 for the first trip to WDW......money was tight for a lot of years, so nice to be able to go more now.
    We went in 1990, 1991, 1992 and then not until 1997. Been about 12 or so times since then with trip number 4 coming since last Nov....but then there will be a break. Back to DLR in April :yay:

18. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

QOTD....Tuesday 7/28

Which is your favorite TS dining in MK and what is your favorite think to order?

If you have only been to DL, your favorite TS there?

And if you have been to both DL and MK, one each......keep it to MK and DL though, we will get to the other parks later ;)

MK for me is The Plaza. Love several of the sandwiches and the milkshakes. Want to try the chicken and strawberry salad next time we go.

DL is Blue Bayou (not many to pick from :( ).....but do love the Monte Cristo.

19. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I enjoy the Crystal Palace. The salmon entree is one I remember, but I enjoy lots of things on the buffet, but for me, it's the whole experience. Even when the characters aren't at our table, it makes me smile to see them.

Bobbi:goodvibes

20. amsyw

amsyw I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing

We have only eaten at Crystal Palace for TS at WDW. We normally go to a resort to eat the days we are in MK. I know that resort eating maybe coming on a later QOTD!

We went for the Pooh & Friends lunch. It was buffet. We liked it ok, but there are so many places we LOVE... so I don't know that I would call it my favorite! Pineapple Whip doesn't count as TS... hmmmm :rolleyes1

21. Meriweather

Meriweather Aria's Nana

::yes:: I am such a foodie, there will be a lot of questions revolving around food :rotfl: