Resort Change by Disney

I also called to modify a pre July 4 Pop reservation, and was transferred to a “special team” for these dates. I’ve been on hold for 2 hours thus far, so hopefully someone will pick up soon!

ETA: are there reports of people actually being moved to a DVC from a value like Pop? I haven’t read through this entire thread, but I didn’t see any reports in the last few pages.
UPDATE:
I hung up after 4 hours the first time and then called back at 8. I stayed on hold another 2 hours and someone finally picked up. I told her we couldn’t change our dates, and she said since we were at Pop they would need to move us and there would only be one option. I then heard here typing on her keyboard and saying “...hmm” frequently. She then said, “they must think you need a lot of space because they put you in a 3BR grand villa at SSR.”

She then put me on hold again to calculate the price after removing the tickets and free dining from the recovery package. She came back and said it would be $508 for the 3 nights. Wow! Now currently recruiting friends/family to fill the place up. Lol.

UPDATE:
I hung up after 4 hours the first time and then called back at 8. I stayed on hold another 2 hours and someone finally picked up. I told her we couldn’t change our dates, and she said since we were at Pop they would need to move us and there would only be one option. I then heard here typing on her keyboard and saying “...hmm” frequently. She then said, “they must think you need a lot of space because they put you in a 3BR grand villa at SSR.”

She then put me on hold again to calculate the price after removing the tickets and free dining from the recovery package. She came back and said it would be $508 for the 3 nights. Wow! Now currently recruiting friends/family to fill the place up. Lol.

Me, me! 😉🙋🏼‍♀️

Hmmm... eventually I received a call back from Disney. I missed the call, so they left a voicemail saying that my US TA had cancelled my reservation, not them. It makes no sense but luckily because Disney left a voicemail I was able to forward the message to the TA. Someone has made a mistake and is misleading me, but as yet I am not sure who. 🤔 We all make mistakes and it is not the end of the world, no real harm done etc., but I would like to know the truth.
That would explain the incredibly odd timing of it all.

UPDATE:

so they're charging you? I thought they said they were moving people to other resorts free of charge if you kept the same dates.

Did anyone not receive the email. I had a reservation 6/24-7/8 and 7/4-7/18. I didn't not receive the email. I called this morning and was able to move the 6/24 reservation to November (we are going for the W&D run)
The CM told me the only two options I had for the 7/4 reservation was to either cancel or move to a date from 7/11-12/31. He said I couldn't confirm since I my resort (ASSp) won't be open. Thinking maybe I should call and talk to another CM. Not sure if they're not moving it since it extends into park opening?

Saratoga might not be a bad option for those who are moved there while parks aren’t open. There are several nice pools, a lot of space, and a quick walk to Disney Springs where we know for sure there are a lot of restaurants and QS open. Also, villas will have kitchens for cooking meals, which offers flexibility over a resort room.

One of the complaints about SSR has been busing to parks, and that wouldn’t be an issue.
This is the post I had previously. It references the time period before parks are open, which is what Disney is working on now. Only DVC is open, so they are working in that availability. I really believe you will like SSR and the proximity to DS for dining and other entertainment. Other DVC resorts don’t have that flexibility. Even OKW might have limited service to DS. Push to get a preferred room, then put in a room request for Congress Park which gives you a better chance at a newly refurbed room.

Once parks are open, I think the deluxe resorts will open and guests booked at CBR will be moved to those. Possibly the blocked rooms at Animal Kingdom Jambo. Just my personal opinion based on reasonable logic and what I would expect Disney to do.

The original poster had a modification to the rate due to removing the dining package and tickets previously associated. I believe $508 was the final adjusted price (adjusted for removal of items, not for a resort change). Of course hopefully they can clarify/confirm.
Yes, you are correct. I already paid the $200 deposit on the original Pop FD recovery package, so the remaining balance is now $308 (due 7 days prior).

Did anyone not receive the email. I had a reservation 6/24-7/8 and 7/4-7/18. I didn't not receive the email. I called this morning and was able to move the 6/24 reservation to November (we are going for the W&D run)
The CM told me the only two options I had for the 7/4 reservation was to either cancel or move to a date from 7/11-12/31. He said I couldn't confirm since I my resort (ASSp) won't be open. Thinking maybe I should call and talk to another CM. Not sure if they're not moving it since it extends into park opening?
How confusing! Both of your reservations fall into the dates where you should have been able to ‘confirm‘ if you chose to. The email that went out didn’t say you had to be ending your stay by July 4. I’d call back.

This is the first time this happened so either it is a new CM tactic or was a fluke but wanted to make people aware.

I call today knowing I would have to be transferred to the special group handling this but before I was transferred the CM tried to non-nonchalantly modify me instead to new dates and obviously charge me for them as well. Glad I am in the know because I said, "no I do not want new dates I want to attend June 23..." That lead to her saying your resort CBR wont be open so we will have to move you. All I am thinking is "yes I know that"

This is the first time this happened so either it is a new CM tactic or was a fluke but wanted to make people aware.

I call today knowing I would have to be transferred to the special group handling this but before I was transferred the CM tried to non-nonchalantly modify me instead to new dates and obviously charge me for them as well. Glad I am in the know because I said, "no I do not want new dates I want to attend June 23..." That lead to her saying your resort CBR wont be open so we will have to move you. All I am thinking is "yes I know that"
What did they end up giving you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter