MK post fireworks party opinions

krismom345

Mouseketeer
I booked the post fireworks party for our trip when the park was set to close at 10 (show at 9:20) mostly for viewing comfort and to extend the time we could stay in MK. Now that hours are extends to 11 I’m having second thoughts that it might be better to hit rides after the fireworks with less lines.
Of course, the pre party is booked.
Any opinions on timing and if it’s “worth it?”

I booked the post fireworks party for our trip when the park was set to close at 10 (show at 9:20) mostly for viewing comfort and to extend the time we could stay in MK. Now that hours are extends to 11 I’m having second thoughts that it might be better to hit rides after the fireworks with less lines.
Of course, the pre party is booked.
Any opinions on timing and if it’s “worth it?”
I would recommend not doing the post-party if your goal is to do more rides after the fireworks.

I did the post-party on Sunday 5/12. It was my first time. We had the same hours as you. Fireworks at 9:20. Park close at 11:00.

After the fireworks ended we were instructed to stay in the fireworks viewing area until the crowds died down. We waited for around 15 minutes. So if fireworks ended around 9:40, we waited in the area until 9:55?

Then they lead you to the desert area. Everyone lines up. They check your name again and lead each party to a reserved table. Luckily, we were near the front of the line, but I would say this process took another 10 minutes. If you were at the back of the line, it could have taken maybe 15 mins.

So let's say we were sat around 10:05. Then you have to line up for the treats. Of course everyone is all lining up at the same time. So maybe another 5 mins in line. Then you eat, get seconds, maybe thirds. I would say it was close to 10:45 by the time we left. We could have gotten in line for one ride, but we were tired and didn't end up riding anything after the desserts.

If you rush through, or just go up once, obviously you'd have more time, but given the price, we took our time.

The only advantage I see to the post-party (I've done it) is you will get the prime locations in the garden for fireworks viewing. Pre-party folks arrive after you and get what is left.

If you want to do rides after fireworks, I agree do not do the post-party.

My other issue with it was we no sooner were getting our food after waiting in line to check-in they seemed to stop refilling and even putting things away. Bad enough the food offering was mediocre, worse that they rushed us out. If I were to do again I'd try for pre-party so I got my worth of food, even the less choice spots in the garden are better than being out with the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter