Resort Change by Disney

3 bdr grand villa SS

Oh my. For the price of a Pop room. That's the best upgrade I think I have seen. I am just following along to see if there's any chatter about upgrades to December trips. Booked in an all star sports over Christmas.

Probably won't see that for a while, they first have to get the summer looked after and then they'll likely be working on moving ressies from those effected by the MLS and NBA games. Be awhile before they get to late fall and winter ressies.

UPDATE:
I hung up after 4 hours the first time and then called back at 8. I stayed on hold another 2 hours and someone finally picked up. I told her we couldn’t change our dates, and she said since we were at Pop they would need to move us and there would only be one option. I then heard here typing on her keyboard and saying “...hmm” frequently. She then said, “they must think you need a lot of space because they put you in a 3BR grand villa at SSR.”

She then put me on hold again to calculate the price after removing the tickets and free dining from the recovery package. She came back and said it would be $508 for the 3 nights. Wow! Now currently recruiting friends/family to fill the place up. Lol.

I am glad to hear they let you take the tickets off your package and keep the same rate with the upgrade! We booked the free dining recovery (which has since been modified to the 35%) with 2 day base tickets and don't actually need the tickets we got with the package since we're APs. Whether or not I'd be able to remove them has been the big questions for me. I was worried trying to remove the tickets would force me into a modification and then I'd have to pay to move to a new resort.

Oh nothing yet. I have been on hold several times: 1st- 2 hours, disconnected, 2nd- 1 hour, hung up, 3rd- 1 hour, hung up, 4th- 45 minutes, disconnected... At this time anytime they put me through it says over 90 minute wait. I am halfway curious what would happen if I just showed up on June 23 at this point
Any update now?

On hold again. I have a long window so I will try to stick it out. It said over 2 hours when I got on.

I'm wondering when we can do this. We have two rooms at ASMo for our fam of 6 (7/25-7/29). I called a couple of days ago to 'link' the reservations and the CM was unable to do so. Said to call back once the system was up for allowing modifications. But I'm worried by the time they are back up for our dates, we will not be given an option where we move to and it won't be the same resort. My guess is inventory will be much, much more limited as we go.
I think I'd be calling every day or every other day. There's a chance they could move your rooms separately if they aren't linked I would think.

Called today and we were moved from Yacht Club to Riveria deluxe studio preferred view at our original discounted rate. We have 2 rooms for arrival July 3rd for 3 nights. Was on phone amost 2 hours...we are happy with the move, as Stormalong bay will be closed anyway

Called today and we were moved from Yacht Club to Riveria deluxe studio preferred view at our original discounted rate. We have 2 rooms for arrival July 3rd for 3 nights. Was on phone amost 2 hours...we are happy with the move, as Stormalong bay will be closed anyway
is YC not opening? I assumed that side would be since all of BC will be......

Those of you who have been following and wondering about my efforts here goes:

So I continue to go round and round. After this being close to the 6th time I have called and waiting extended times to either run out of time or be disconnected, I finally got to talk to the right person after about 1hr 45min. I told her I did not want to modify but to stay and she then said well there is a problem with where they were going to put you and that someone will need to call me back in the next couple of days. I stressed to her that I was a bit worried based on my previous efforts about waiting on this phone call to happen. She said that this must be handled by someone else because the room that they were going to move me to is not available. I asked what that was and it would have been a Deluxe Studio at Saratoga Springs. (Very nice upgrade compared to CBR) I then said that is confusing to me because that room would not hold my family based on occupency and I could not even rent that room. I have 2 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant so 6ish people. She said yes I noticed that too which is even more reason a supervisor will need to reach out to me. So as of now I have accomplished nothing but do have some hope.

Here is to hoping I get an even better upgrade and get put in Cinderella's Castle.

So I continue to go round and round. After this being close to the 6th time I have called and waiting extended times to either run out of time or be disconnected, I finally got to talk to the right person after about 1hr 45min. I told her I did not want to modify but to stay and she then said well there is a problem with where they were going to put you and that someone will need to call me back in the next couple of days. I stressed to her that I was a bit worried based on my previous efforts about waiting on this phone call to happen. She said that this must be handled by someone else because the room that they were going to move me to is not available. I asked what that was and it would have been a Deluxe Studio at Saratoga Springs. (Very nice upgrade compared to CBR) I then said that is confusing to me because that room would not hold my family based on occupency and I could not even rent that room. I have 2 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant so 6ish people. She said yes I noticed that too which is even more reason a supervisor will need to reach out to me. So as of now I have accomplished nothing but do have some hope.

Here is to hoping I get an even better upgrade and get put in Cinderella's Castle.
They should give you another option because that is not fair that someone with pop century gets a grand villa over someone with CBR and is having issues with the reservation...

I love reading about these magical upgrades!!! I know These times are not what we all would like, and we are looking forward to the parks returning to there normal wonderful self. But these little magical upgrades make for some amazing memories too. I’m a planner to the point and I am not able to plan this trip and have to sit back and see what happens. I wonder what our July trip will look like. I’m really hoping we can get reservations for the parks when the reservation system opens. And I’m very interested to see if we get moved to another hotel. This definitely has made me learn to be a little bit more spontaneous

I love reading about these magical upgrades!!! I know These times are not what we all would like, and we are looking forward to the parks returning to there normal wonderful self. But these little magical upgrades make for some amazing memories too. I’m a planner to the point and I am not able to plan this trip and have to sit back and see what happens. I wonder what our July trip will look like. I’m really hoping we can get reservations for the parks when the reservation system opens. And I’m very interested to see if we get moved to another hotel. This definitely has made me learn to be a little bit more spontaneous
I agree.
My only area of concern, and I'll deal with it if it happens, is that if my hotel isn't open when my trip comes along, the resort they move us to might be problematic for our son. He uses a pediatric wheelchair, but it's small enough that we don't need a HA room, so we don't book it to save it for others that need it. But some resorts are more HA than others - OKW is notoriously not, with only 2 buildings that have elevators. SSR is very spread out, as is OKW. One of the things we take into consideration when we book is distance to main building, pools, and covered or indoor walkways.
Since I don't have a HA booking, I'm not exactly in a place where I know it's going to be handled.
I just wish they'd be more open about the process. I swear I think it's designed to get people to cancel so they don't have to do it.

To answer the question, no, the Yacht club will not be reopened at that time in early July. Also from what I was told about our relocation, they are trying to move people from one hotel to another hotel based on availability and amenities. We were told that we were moved to Riveria because it is a skyliner hotel, just like yacht and beach....even if the skyliner is not open. They also will not give you a choice to ask for something different. I was told either I can accept the relocation or cancel. If I wanted to change date to a different time of year I would need to cancel and rebook at full rack rate. I had asked if they wanted to put us all in one room that can hold six instead of 2 rooms that would be fine, but they couldn't do that either.

We are just happy to be getting out to chill with the family either way.

How were your two rooms linked? Did the CM recognize you had two rooms?

Does anyone know if there is a benefit of having a TA handle this? Are they able to get first priority of available room changes for guests with reservations at moderate resorts that may not be open in July?
Or, do they have to do the same thing and call and hope to get through?
I have successfully modified my BC reservation, but still have 2 reservations at moderate resorts in mid-July I am concerned could be cancelled on me.

How were your two rooms linked? Did the CM recognize you had two rooms?

It is funny I had the 2 rooms linked after I made the 2 reservations online back in May. At that time I called and had them linked, they both show up in my Disney experience app also. I received one email for one of the rooms that stated I needed to confirm I was still planning on coming, but never received an email for the other room. When I called, I had to tell the CM that I had another room and give them that resi number also, bit if I did not tell her I had 2 rooms, she would have never noticed. When I gave her the second resi number, she said yes that room is offered to Riveria also.

Has anyone had a resort only reservation??? I have two trips for this summer and we didn't get tickets yet for the August one 😣

Yes, we had a resort only reservation for YC 6/21-6/26 with a military discount. We have Military Salute Tickets that are already linked.

Did anyone not receive the email. I had a reservation 6/24-7/8 and 7/4-7/18. I didn't not receive the email. I called this morning and was able to move the 6/24 reservation to November (we are going for the W&D run)
The CM told me the only two options I had for the 7/4 reservation was to either cancel or move to a date from 7/11-12/31. He said I couldn't confirm since I my resort (ASSp) won't be open. Thinking maybe I should call and talk to another CM. Not sure if they're not moving it since it extends into park opening?

I didn't receive an email. I read on here and saw DFB on Youtube mention that people with June reservations could change.

I am so sorry for all of you guys having to wait excessive hours. I am thinking that special team is just for stay when DVC is open but parks aren't. My wait was 6 minutes when I called Saturday afternoon and I didn't need to be transferred.

is YC not opening? I assumed that side would be since all of BC will be......

YC is not open. Only DVC rooms are open, not all of BC or any deluxe resort from my understanding.

To answer the question, no, the Yacht club will not be reopened at that time in early July. Also from what I was told about our relocation, they are trying to move people from one hotel to another hotel based on availability and amenities. We were told that we were moved to Riveria because it is a skyliner hotel, just like yacht and beach....even if the skyliner is not open. They also will not give you a choice to ask for something different. I was told either I can accept the relocation or cancel. If I wanted to change date to a different time of year I would need to cancel and rebook at full rack rate. I had asked if they wanted to put us all in one room that can hold six instead of 2 rooms that would be fine, but they couldn't do that either.

We are just happy to be getting out to chill with the family either way.

Totally different than my experience on Saturday. I kept my same reservation number as June, just modified the hotel to a DVC. Wondering if it is because ours was a room rate only (military discount). I was not able to get the military discount for our August stay, but I actually saved $100 moving.

I am curious now if resorts open and I want to move back to YC if they will honor my original room rate. :scratchin My guess is we will be staying put in the BW Deluxe Studio. I cannot go from 40% off YC to rack rate YC. Nope.

I just looked at Saratoga and it has two and three bedroom villas available, so they should be able to find you something. Ask for a Treehouse Villa for your troubles :)

You will like Saratoga, which will have all its restaurants and swimming pools open and you can walk to Disney Springs for so much more. Plus easy transport to other resorts via Disney Springs if needed.

It is funny I had the 2 rooms linked after I made the 2 reservations online back in May. At that time I called and had them linked, they both show up in my Disney experience app also. I received one email for one of the rooms that stated I needed to confirm I was still planning on coming, but never received an email for the other room. When I called, I had to tell the CM that I had another room and give them that resi number also, bit if I did not tell her I had 2 rooms, she would have never noticed. When I gave her the second resi number, she said yes that room is offered to Riveria also.
Thank you for the response. I’ve not been able to get ours linked and only had put in connecting room requests before so I’m worried we won’t end up at the same resort. We don’t check in til July 25 though and they may be doing something totally different by then 🤪

I just looked at Saratoga and it has two and three bedroom villas available, so they should be able to find you something. Ask for a Treehouse Villa for your troubles :)

You will like Saratoga, which will have all its restaurants and swimming pools open and you can walk to Disney Springs for so much more. Plus easy transport to other resorts via Disney Springs if needed.

DVC rooms showing to owners are not the rooms available for these moves,

Disney has said that moves for same dates that are not being charged extra will have no choice in where they go.

The reasoning behind is to prevent complaints that there is a person who ended up in the GV and others will end up in something not seen as great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter