Post Your Wedding Cake

cake.jpg

I was really happy with it. It was better than I had imagined. Our guests are still talking about how much they liked it!

Here's mine.

0959_2353.jpg

They lost my cake topper, so they just stuck the Minnie Mickey on it. Wasn't happy! And the colors were off even though I gave them swatches. Sigh.

Hello! This is my first post and I just want to say how amazing all these cakes look! I have a quick question though. My bf and I are prob doing the Wishes package and we already have a pretty good idea of what we want for our cake. It'll be the shells and sands theme. I had already called the wedding planner to see if they'd do a custom cake and they said they don't see why not. For people on this board that had custom cakes, we're they pretty laid back in what idea you had in mind? Mine is more the type of cake that I want. The recipe is for Tres Leches cake (three milk cake) if you never heard of that, wiki it. It's amazing. I'm mexican and would love a cake close to home to be made for me. I really hope they'll try to make it if I give them the recipe, if not it'll be time for plan b: Strawberry cream! LOL! I'm doing the wishes package!

I *love* tres leches cakes! I can't guarantee that Disney's version will taste like what you're used to, but hopefully they will be amenable to giving it a try. We did a custom cake based off a picture in a magazine, and they did a fantastic job re-creating it - except for the colors. So I would say, if that's important to you too, send swatches of fabric or paint chips along with the picture.

Does anyone know if you can have "and they lived happily ever after" added to an escape cake and if it would cost extra?

8-9-10
Wedding Gazebo:bride:

I don't see why not - they put it on certain Wishes cakes. And I can't see it costing very much extra, if anything. Only your wedding coordinator can tell you for sure, though.

I am so happy to be able to post pix of our gorgeous cake!

100_4970.jpg

Besides how GORGEOUS it was, the cake was delicious beyond all expectations! :thumbsup2
I just have to say that is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life. With the shimmer in the flowers, the whole thing looks porcelain. I don't think I would have been able to cut it. I'm happy to hear it tasted just as good as it looked. :goodvibes

I *love* tres leches cakes! I can't guarantee that Disney's version will taste like what you're used to, but hopefully they will be amenable to giving it a try. We did a custom cake based off a picture in a magazine, and they did a fantastic job re-creating it - except for the colors. So I would say, if that's important to you too, send swatches of fabric or paint chips along with the picture.

Yay! I'm glad someone else has tried tres leches. I like it to be just right but nowadays people here make it too too moist! You can literally see the milk running out of the cake tsk tsk. I'm hoping a chef will try it out and with the right ingredients, it'll come out not like home, but close enough. As for the cake, it's super easy, I just want that shells one they have under classics since it'll be a beach theme. I might want them to add a little green to it but other then that, it's a lovely cake.

A little ot, but when my bf and I were watching your vids while looking at other disney weddings, was that one of the final fantasy themes you were playing!? Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe it was your ceremony video.

Thank you :goodvibes everything has to match :cutie: and you're cake :lovestruc I am so jealous of the Ariel and Eric cake topper!

oops- no that wasnt my cake, it was the pp to my post. i came to look at yours as yours was posted first and the forum to me past it. so then i went back and ended up quoting you both. it belonged to jspahn.

trust me mine was a dull three layer basket weave with a wilton wedding cake topper on it. altho i did have mickey and minnie toasting glasses!

OMG Absolutely LOVE Your cake!!! I'm a huge Ariel fan! Where did you get the cake topper?

Thanks :) Our whole theme was based on Ariel & Eric and the under the sea feel.

The figurine is put out by enesco. My mom got it for me as a gift.

It's on Disneys shopping site here
and also on on Enesco's here

I don't post here very often, but I wanted to share our cakes, as we absolutely loved them! The first is from our Welcome Dinner and all we asked for was a "Figment Themed Mad Hatter Cake". We loved it! The second is from our reception and was just as amazing!

4054366330_b20e8ef916.jpg

4054437050_a1773ea02c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter