Post Your Wedding Cake

I don't post here very often, but I wanted to share our cakes, as we absolutely loved them! The first is from our Welcome Dinner and all we asked for was a "Figment Themed Mad Hatter Cake". We loved it! The second is from our reception and was just as amazing!

4054366330_b20e8ef916.jpg

4054437050_a1773ea02c.jpg

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Figment cake!!!

I don't post here very often, but I wanted to share our cakes, as we absolutely loved them! The first is from our Welcome Dinner and all we asked for was a "Figment Themed Mad Hatter Cake". We loved it! The second is from our reception and was just as amazing!

4054366330_b20e8ef916.jpg

I love the Figment cake! I haven't been on this thread in a while and had to say that it is so cute. We did a Figment theme at our DP, but didn't have anything this cute :figment:

We absolutely loved our cake! Actually, the 2nd layer didn't turn out like the picture we sent (it was supposed to be more paisley-like) but since nobody knew what the original design looked like, they ended up in awe regardless. At least the swirls made a mickey!

ES25219-26-09copy.jpg

White cake, White Chocolate Mousse.

The cake looked great, but melted in the heat and the colors ran lol. It was very very hot! September 21st SBP.

I was not crazy about the mousse...and the fondant was a nightmare to try and serve. We ended up pulling off all the fondant before we served the cake lol

weddingcakeshot.jpg

We absolutely loved our cake! Actually, the 2nd layer didn't turn out like the picture we sent (it was supposed to be more paisley-like) but since nobody knew what the original design looked like, they ended up in awe regardless. At least the swirls made a mickey!

ES25219-26-09copy.jpg

Great cake, do you know anywhere to get the ears topper? How tall was the actual cake portion?

Thanks!

I just have to say that is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life. With the shimmer in the flowers, the whole thing looks porcelain. I don't think I would have been able to cut it. I'm happy to hear it tasted just as good as it looked. :goodvibes

Thank you! :flower3: I'm sorry I hadn't been back here before to see your lovely compliment. The cake really was so beautiful. We wanted it very plain to show off the Lenox 50th Anniversary Cinderella Castle but I wanted pink and yellow flowers like you see around the castle in the MK at certain times of the year. The problem is that the "topper" was so darn heavy that they had to build structural supports through both layers of the cake to hold up the topper. LOL! We had to send photos and a tracing of the "footprint" of the topper well in advance and get a commitment in writing acknowleding that they would make it work, and even then we worried that we might walk in and find that the topper was placed next to the cake because of worries about the weight. KUDOS to the GF bakery for bringing it all together so beautifully! :cloud9: They brought my vision to life!

YAY! I can play now here was Petes and mine, I was yummy!
2mmfdwn.jpg

WOW! What a beautiful cake! I LOVE the silver flourishes. That is just absolutely gorgeous and so very complementary to your dress. :love:

Here is ours:

165741009-0528.jpg

WOW! WOW! The colors on this are beautiful!!!

Missy -- My original wedding date is December 22. I am determined to someday have a cake as beautifully executed as yours for our anniversary cake.

I am so blown away by all of these cakes. I love how they are all so unique and well-suited to the theming.

Great cake, do you know anywhere to get the ears topper? How tall was the actual cake portion?

Thanks!

Thanks! Actually, I drew them a picture of the design (inluding the cake topper). I had seen another bride do cake toppers similar, so I knew that Disney themselves does them. As far as how tall the cake was...hmm I wanna say a foot and a half? But it's the standard 3 tiered mad hatter cake that serves I believe 90 guests. So you may be better off asking a planner. Hope that helps you :)

Here's our cake from December 8, 2009:

762900935_4edXu-L.jpg

762901767_iiCXD-L.jpg

762920813_R6LWm-L.jpg

762933651_33F8M-L.jpg

Bottom Layer: Almond Cake with Amaretto Mousse
Top Layer: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

762939327_UV7rA-L.jpg

Middle Layer: Marble Cake with Dark Chocolate Mousse

762943212_zcuHx-L.jpg

Instead of a Groom's Cake, we had Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars . . . They're Brian's FAVORITE and were a HUGE hit with our guests :-)

762942128_o42XV-L.jpg

762943675_AwSKq-L.jpg

762946497_r86Wy-L.jpg

762948456_EdwBv-S.jpg
762949105_W3w7h-S.jpg
762949939_Tx7p2-S.jpg

what a great idea with the Mickey bars!! love it! And, again, i LOVE looking at our flowers!! They were so beautiful and bright!!

OMG is that bubble!?!??! Was your fondant bubbling out the side?? Yikes!!

Here's our cake from December 8, 2009:

762900935_4edXu-L.jpg

762901767_iiCXD-L.jpg

762920813_R6LWm-L.jpg

762933651_33F8M-L.jpg

Bottom Layer: Almond Cake with Amaretto Mousse
Top Layer: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

762939327_UV7rA-L.jpg

Middle Layer: Marble Cake with Dark Chocolate Mousse

762943212_zcuHx-L.jpg

Instead of a Groom's Cake, we had Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars . . . They're Brian's FAVORITE and were a HUGE hit with our guests :-)

762942128_o42XV-L.jpg

762943675_AwSKq-L.jpg

762946497_r86Wy-L.jpg

762948456_EdwBv-S.jpg
762949105_W3w7h-S.jpg
762949939_Tx7p2-S.jpg

I'm having trouble narrowing down flavors without tasting them first. Which was your favorite layer?

All these cakes are wonderful!

We are considering having a Disney Escape Wedding and have seen the designs and the cost of upgrading to other designs. But are there extra costs associated with different flavours of cake?

Also is there a full list of flavours somewhere?

Thanks!

All these cakes are wonderful!

We are considering having a Disney Escape Wedding and have seen the designs and the cost of upgrading to other designs. But are there extra costs associated with different flavours of cake?

There should not be any extra costs for picking different flavors. I remember a $5 charge for adding chocolate chips once, but otherwise, it doesn't cost them anything to do different flavors.

Also is there a full list of flavours somewhere?

Thanks!

Here you go!

Cake Flavors
Yellow
Chocolate
Marble
Carrot
Red Velvet
Lemon
Orange
Almond

Filling Flavors
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Mousse
Orange Mousse
Amaretto Mousse
Strawberry Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
German Chocolate
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Cup (chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered together)
Bavarian Cream
Bailey's Mousse
Blackberry Mousse
Mocha Mousse
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Raspberries
White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

This was our Disney Cake

SCAN0046.jpg

This was our cake for our home reception (I borrowed it from another disney bride :blush:)

n.jpg

Are they Cinderella's birds on top!!
They are lovely!!
Where did you get them please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter