Post Your Wedding Cake

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by DisneySweetie, Oct 23, 2007.

1. disneybex

disneybex Mouseketeer

Brilliant, thanks! There is so much choice.....might have to opt for a third tier!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. *Nessa*

*Nessa* Cinderella is proof... a new pair of shoes can cha

Yes they are cinderella blue birds, I had them custom made by a Pastry Chef (here in Australia). I can send you details if you would like just pm me :flower3:

4. DeeCee735

DeeCee735 "How Do You Know of the Key?"

May I ask how much they charged you for the mad hatter cake? And where did you have it made? The mad hatter is my ultimate fav and i know down the line (coming closer and closer), I will order one for my 50th!
    I appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks,

5. malibustacey

malibustacey Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pr

DeeCee735 - They charge $675 for two tier mad hatters (and as far as im aware, in any colour/ style)

Not sure where they make it, im guessing either Boardwalk / GF Bakery or something, ours is just ordered via our wedding planner

6. IntheKnow

IntheKnow Mouseketeer

This One came from the Grand Floridian Bakery. Very few come from other locations.

7. silverangel879

silverangel879 Never let your wings be stolen from you!

I don't know if I posted it before but here is our wedding cake. We didn't have a Disney wedding (although we wanted to) but we got a little bit of Disney with us!

[​IMG]

Instead of fondant it was white chocolate (dyed blue) and chocolate. It was so yummy!!!

8. ZipADeeEm

ZipADeeEm Mouseketeer

It looks beautiful! And I love the WALL*E touch!!

9. beautifultomorrow

beautifultomorrow DIS Veteran

Your cake is gorgeous! I LOVE the idea of having chocolate (YUM!!) instead of fondant (ick).

10. silverangel879

silverangel879 Never let your wings be stolen from you!

Thanks, ZipADeeEm! My DH and I loved the movie so we had to add our personal touch!

Thanks, beautifultomorrow! Yes, fondant you can't eat but this one was so yummy! I have no regrets!

11. disneybex

disneybex Mouseketeer

Love this one! I have seen this base/stand that the cake sits on in a couple of shots and was wondering how much choice you get for these kind of things? Also if you have to pay extra on top of the escape package to have this stand?

12. disneybex

disneybex Mouseketeer

Sorry I didn't know how to quote 2 pictures in one post but I also wanted to include this one which also has the lovely base but also because it is too gorgeous not to comment on!

Although having gone through all 40+ pages if I were to comment on all the gorgeous cakes, I'd be here all week! They are all fab and by all accounts they all taste as good as they look!

13. disneybex

disneybex Mouseketeer

Love the topper, it goes so well with your cake!

Do you think it would look as good on only a 2 tier cake or would it overwhelm it?

14. BethanyMouse

BethanyMouse Planning a Disney Wedding!

I think it would look beautiful on the two tiered cake too!

15. Starseeker1221

Starseeker1221 Mouseketeer

Sorry, I don't read this thread very often anymore, so I missed this when you first posted! It was made at the Grand Floridian Bakery and they charged us $450 for the two tier mad hatter (With tax and other fees, it came to about $580).

16. TheDisneyGirl02

TheDisneyGirl02 <font color=navy>I found my Disney Prince!<br><fon

This was my cake from my at home wedding. It was yellow cake with whipped cream icing. It was really good!

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of the cake table. On the right is the big Mickey and Minnie figurine that my Disney Store family bought for me for my bridel shower.

[​IMG]

17. gibsi53

gibsi53 Mouseketeer

18. ZipADeeEm

ZipADeeEm Mouseketeer

Beautiful!!! I love it!

19. GirTheGecko

GirTheGecko DIS Veteran

that's so pretty! I would like something similar to that for my December wedding.

20. Skylersmommy5

Skylersmommy5 Mouseketeer

You all have given me plenty inspirations of cakes(thank you) will DFTW's do anything like a single tier(small cake with topper) for cutting and do the now ever popular cupcake towers for the guests or a tower of the mini cakes? My hubby and I are in the process of saving up for our DFT Vow Renewal so we can book ours for an anniversary. Thanks everyone.

21. pink_tink8i8

pink_tink8i8 DIS Veteran

what a great idea!