Post room assignments for HRH

no matter where you stay, there will always be someone that did not have the expected stay as planned.
i understand someone will post about their dissatisfaction at one of the hotels but if that would happen to you, contact the manager or gm while you are still there so the issues can be corrected.

if someone posts about a problem and did not contact the management of the hotel while they were there, they are only hurting themselves.
no one can fix a situation that is in the past.

you have to take care of the issues while you are still in the hotel.
you will be glad you did.
the hotel will try to rectify the problem and make it up to you.

they want satisfied customers.

the noise by the ice machine, well, that can happen in any hotel.
the closest i have been to an elevator was on club level and it was 3 doors down. i did not hear the traffic noise while in that room.

the room numbers for club level for queen and king deluxe are:

deluxe king is: 7016, 7039, 7102, 7119
deluxe queen is: 7019, 7041, 7099, 7101

do you want to know their views?
i have that info also.

you can't book them in advance, ask for them when you check in.
also, you can always request for a deluxe to be put in your file when you make the ressie.

So can you describe the differences between the deluxe (3101) and the standard rooms? I'm especially curious about size. Did you have a deluxe double queen? Where were your rooms in comparison to the elevators and ice machines? Did hallway noise disturb you at night? Do you have pics of the room and/or the view? Would you consider posting a trip report??

Sure! I am still working on the trip report. I go into ridiculous detail, so it may take me a bit to get it all down! We did have a deluxe double queen and two standard double queens. Our rooms were in the middle of two hallways. If you walked one full hallway (say 12 or so doorways), when you get to the fork in the hallways, the deluxe room was the first room on the next hallway. The ice machine was directly across from us. The ice buckets are metal, and it was loud when the door was open, but it didn't bother us with the door closed or late at night at all. I think the deluxe rooms get their extra space from the curve in the building, so I assume most deluxe rooms are near an elevator or an ice machine because their at the end of the hallway. The first night we were there, someone was blasting music at about 10:30 pm. It took about 5 minutes, and we never heard it again. :) What I liked so much about the room placement that it was a one-hallway walk to the elevators/lobby/stairway to the pool and a one-hallway walk the other way to the stairwell that dumps out by the walkway to the parks. Very convenient and I loved being on the lobby level.

I don't have pics of the room. We got a late checkout and my husband packed up the room without me because I was at the pool with the kids. So, no pics when packing up like I usually do. Sorry. The extra space in the room was really nice for us with our four kids, although one of them stayed in Grandpa's room each night, so we never really needed the sofabed. When you first come in the room, on the left there was a roomy closet, a built in desk and a bench to put your suitcases on. The bench also had plenty of space underneath for more stuff. This was really helpful for us, having brought cereal, milk, snacks, and and empty laundry basket for dirty laundry. Lots of room for 6 people's stuff. There was also quite a bit of space between the end of the beds and the dresser/wall on the other side. This was very helpful when we ordered pizza the second night. Star Service brought it up on this heated cart that they parked in the middle of the room. In a standard room, it would have been really cramped with the cart there, but we had plenty of room to pull an extra chair out of the other room and have space for all 4 kids to eat pizza.

The extra space also accomodates the sofabed, which is on the other side of the wall where the closet/extended dressing area is. There is plenty of room to open the bed, but we closed it immediately in the morning to have more space to get ready. If I was traveling with dh and I and our oldest three (without the other bed in Grandpa's room as an option) I would ABSOLUTELY pay for the upgrade - in fact, it would be worth about $50-60 dollars a night to me.

I am an information/detail junkie too, so I totally understand. I hope I have answered your questions - feel free to ask more!

Kat

Sure! I am still working on the trip report. I go into ridiculous detail, so it may take me a bit to get it all down! We did have a deluxe double queen and two standard double queens. Our rooms were in the middle of two hallways. If you walked one full hallway (say 12 or so doorways), when you get to the fork in the hallways, the deluxe room was the first room on the next hallway. The ice machine was directly across from us. The ice buckets are metal, and it was loud when the door was open, but it didn't bother us with the door closed or late at night at all. I think the deluxe rooms get their extra space from the curve in the building, so I assume most deluxe rooms are near an elevator or an ice machine because their at the end of the hallway. The first night we were there, someone was blasting music at about 10:30 pm. It took about 5 minutes, and we never heard it again. :) What I liked so much about the room placement that it was a one-hallway walk to the elevators/lobby/stairway to the pool and a one-hallway walk the other way to the stairwell that dumps out by the walkway to the parks. Very convenient and I loved being on the lobby level.

I don't have pics of the room. We got a late checkout and my husband packed up the room without me because I was at the pool with the kids. So, no pics when packing up like I usually do. Sorry. The extra space in the room was really nice for us with our four kids, although one of them stayed in Grandpa's room each night, so we never really needed the sofabed. When you first come in the room, on the left there was a roomy closet, a built in desk and a bench to put your suitcases on. The bench also had plenty of space underneath for more stuff. This was really helpful for us, having brought cereal, milk, snacks, and and empty laundry basket for dirty laundry. Lots of room for 6 people's stuff. There was also quite a bit of space between the end of the beds and the dresser/wall on the other side. This was very helpful when we ordered pizza the second night. Star Service brought it up on this heated cart that they parked in the middle of the room. In a standard room, it would have been really cramped with the cart there, but we had plenty of room to pull an extra chair out of the other room and have space for all 4 kids to eat pizza.

The extra space also accomodates the sofabed, which is on the other side of the wall where the closet/extended dressing area is. There is plenty of room to open the bed, but we closed it immediately in the morning to have more space to get ready. If I was traveling with dh and I and our oldest three (without the other bed in Grandpa's room as an option) I would ABSOLUTELY pay for the upgrade - in fact, it would be worth about $50-60 dollars a night to me.

I am an information/detail junkie too, so I totally understand. I hope I have answered your questions - feel free to ask more!

Kat

thanks for all the information! It's great. . . can't ever have too much to my way of thinking. I'm still looking for your trip report since I know you will have tons of details (which is the good stuff). thanks again!

My reservation was screwed up when we checked in so we stayed night 1 in the deluxe and nights 2&3 club level.

I have to say the deluxe was better. It was 2 queens and a sleep sofa and the room was huge! I don't remember the room # but it was pool view, about 6 rooms from the exit door to the pool and the wing of the hotel where you take the path to Universal. Quick, easy access and it was quiet with no noise at all. I would stay in this location again in a heartbeat.

We had room 7057 on club level. Room was much smaller, elevator was right around the corner to the right and club room was right around the corner to the left. The view looked out to the front parking area but it wasn't bad at all. However, we encountered nothing but constant noise and rude people on club level.

My reservation was screwed up when we checked in so we stayed night 1 in the deluxe and nights 2&3 club level.

I have to say the deluxe was better. It was 2 queens and a sleep sofa and the room was huge! I don't remember the room # but it was pool view, about 6 rooms from the exit door to the pool and the wing of the hotel where you take the path to Universal. Quick, easy access and it was quiet with no noise at all. I would stay in this location again in a heartbeat.

We had room 7057 on club level. Room was much smaller, elevator was right around the corner to the right and club room was right around the corner to the left. The view looked out to the front parking area but it wasn't bad at all. However, we encountered nothing but constant noise and rude people on club level.

I'm with you, HRH deluxe rooms are THE best! Sorry club wasnt all that for you.

Anyone have more information about this particular room location?? This is EXACTLY what I'm talkin about! I sure would like to know this room number. This sounds to me like a ground level room, but I thought I read ground level were pet rooms. I wonder if the OP remembers anything else, like what level this particular room was on. What wing of the hotel is near the path to US and faces the pool??

The room was ground level, windows faced the pool but we had a somewhat obstructed view from the cabanas. Not a big deal though. When you are coming back from the parks and are walking on the path back to the hotel, the wing we stayed in is the first you encounter before you go through the gate to the pool. There is also a bathroom on the outside that is accessible from the pool. I can't find my bill so I don't have a room number. I am pretty sure I counted 6 windows from the end to my room with daughter inside waving.

Just found the bill and our 1st night in the Deluxe was room 1140. Our stay was not great but if I had no choice but to go back to HRH I would stay in this room. BTW......double check your bill before you leave. I just noticed a mini bar charge and we never cut the tie on the mini bar through our stay. Guess the GM is getting ANOTHER call.

Standard garden view rooms, end of the hall --- 4080,4078 ---connecting

We are in deluxe king room 1119. I requested a water view but didn't get it. Not sure why as the bellman told me it's "deadsville" right now!
It is on the first floor overlooking the lawn and is really convenient to the pool, gym and water taxi. You can also walk down a hallway or two to get to an exit door that is closer to the path to US.

I have stayed in both of the pool facing King Suites on the club level with an additional adjoining bedroom. It's kind of cool because you're in the curve of the hotel. The one on the left of the hotel (7100, I believe) has the better view because you're looking more towards the pool and park. The other one is good too but you look a little towards the parking deck for day guests at Universal. I have also stayed in the Graceland Suite which absolutely has the best views in the hotel. It doesn't get much better than that.

ycfan, i have stayed in room 7100 also. there are 2 connecting rooms to that one. 7100 is a king but don't know what the other 2 rooms are.

yes,, the view from there is fabulous!

i kept my curtains open all night and let the park lights be my night light during the night....

We would like to stay away from the elevators and ice machines since I have read so much about those areas being noisy. It seems like when I have read a not so positive review of HRH, it has always had to do with these types of issues (of course I dismiss some of the silly, petty reviews and those that complain of the price - you do know what your paying before you go. . . ). Anyway, I'm just trying to get a really good idea of where we want to be in the hotel and the type of room where we will be the most comfortable.

Now, see, here I am going to disagree with you. :) We had a King Suite right next to the elevators and ice machine, and we thought it was a perfect location. We are late sleepers, and never had an issue with noise. We don't get home all that late (we have never closed City Walk), and noise at night wasn't a problem either.

For the record: Room 6065, King Suite, view of the front entrance to the hotel.

Stay tuned for my trip report with pics. :)

7120 two queens, club access but quite a walk, good open pool view with park views from IOA Lighthouse to La Bamba including Hulk and DD. Room was in good shape. Did notice a little rip in the bed's skirting. Got the room for $144 APH and a $70 charge to upgrade to club for a total of $214. Room had an adjoining door to 7118.

Now, see, here I am going to disagree with you. :) We had a King Suite right next to the elevators and ice machine, and we thought it was a perfect location. We are late sleepers, and never had an issue with noise. We don't get home all that late (we have never closed City Walk), and noise at night wasn't a problem either.

For the record: Room 6065, King Suite, view of the front entrance to the hotel.

Stay tuned for my trip report with pics. :)

I'm glad to hear that for some, the ice machine and hallway noise is not a problem. I have read others posts where it was not reported to be a problem, but I've read quite a few where people commented about the noise. Being a light sleeper, having trouble falling and staying asleep AND being away from home, I just want to do all I can to reduce the chance of there being anything to disrupt the whole 2-3 hours I might actually sleep per night. I like to keep hearing that it wasn't a problem. If our "perfect" room ends up being near an icemaker, I will feel better about it.

I do realize that some people (probably light, troubled sleepers like me) are going to comment about the noise level regardless. When we return and I post my trip report, I will make a point to post room number, view, position of room and my opinion of the level of noise. It's been helpful to me to read all those details on other posts.

I just saw on here that room 6090 is a great room at HRH. I called and asked for room 6090 BUT it wasnt available BUT they put me down for room 6092!!! No guarantees but hopefully we will get it. Last year at RPR we had a nice quiet Club Room but the view was AWFUL!

Just booked RPR Club Level for Oct 19th and 20th at $271.20 + tax with AAA Discount. APH discount was about $30 higher. We can't wait!

With the exception of my first visit (ground floor--ugh!) I have always stayed on the 6th floor. Room 6090 to be exact. Finally I have been able to finagle an upgrade to a King Suite for our October visit. I would like to be on the 6th floor. If I am interpreting correctly, the 100 rooms are suites. So, if I request room 6100 I should be in a pool view King Suite. Has anyone been in this room? I think I will request that room. Wonder how soon I should put that request in. Is there still a Loews first representative at the hotel to consult on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter