Post room assignments for HRH

mcefalo

Earning My Ears
I would like to start a post like the one used for RPR that posts room numbers and a 'review' of the room for HRH.

I would really appreciate information such as room number, view, smoking/non-smoking, condition of room, location to pool, location to elevator - information such as this.

Thanks ahead for any information you can provided. This board has been really a great source of information.

we just stayed this past Thursday and Friday (10/21 & 10/22) at the HRH. We had room 5108, standard room. Since we paid a discounted rate we were not allowed an upgrade or welcome gift. The room was 4 rooms away from the end of the last corridor. Once you get off of the elevators, there are 3 corridors to go down, we were down the one to the right. Once you get to the end of that corridor, it splits left and right, we were at the end of the left of those corridors (hope that makes sense). We asked the bellman if we could go out the door at the end of the hallway to get out to the pathway to Universal, and he said definitely, you'll be almost the whole way there. What he failed to mention was that we had to go through several pricker bushes and trees to get to the pathway!
Room view was of the river. It was a non-smoking room, but the people in the connecting room must have thought otherwise, because our room stunk of smoke the entire time. Calls to star services were worthless, they did nothing to correct the problem and 'couldn't' move us. Short of confronting the people in the room, or making a scene in the lobby at the front desk, we didn't know what else to do, and at this point didn't want to overstress on the last two days of our very overdue vacation...
Room condition was fine, clean, furniture in good shape. Our 1 bed did not have a blanket though, just one sheet on top of the other without the blanket in between. We didn't realize this until the second day when we unmade the other bed and noticed there was a blanket.
The thermostat I believe is one of those that turn off when there isn't any movement in the room, so it could be quite warm in there if you just returned to the room or overnight.
Although the Hard Rock used to be our favorite hotel, ANYWHERE, we probably won't return there at all - the service and attitudes of the staff was horrendous. I received a survey to fill out when I returned home and filled it out with some lengthy details. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what they do with it, but I doubt anything will come of it at all.

Please let us know the outcome of the survey. I'm staying there in Dec. and again in Jan.

Im sorry about your stay.
We're staying at HRH for EIGHT nights thru Xmas and New Years. I hope to have better fortune. We have a pool view reserved. I've read good and bad about HRH. The ONE important thing is to get a non smoking room (wife has asthma). If we smell even the slightest hint of smoke, we will demand to be moved....and believe me, hell hath no fury like my wife scorned!!!!!!

:)

Thank you for you feedback regarding your recent stay at Hard Rock Hotel.
My sincere apologies that your visit was less than perfect, and
particularly in relation to perceived value at the hotel. I have
shared your concerns with the appropriate areas in the hotel so that immediate corrective actions are taken.

We do hope that you were able to experience much else of what Hard Rock Hotel and Universal Orlando have to offer. Should your travels bring you back our way, please keep my name as a contact so that I may assist you personally-- whether at Hard Rock Hotel or our sister properties, Portofino Bay Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort.

Thanks, again, for your business and candor.

like I said, I wasn't expecting anything. however, this was awfully 'form letter'-ish...
smg1062 - the first half of the trip, the smoke just seemed to be around, but we couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. We weren't sure if it was in the fabric, or if it was in our dirty clothes we had brought with us from Disney (we had been to Jellyrolls the last night there, and it can get smoky). However, one time, I walked past the door to the connecting room, and it was almost as if the people were smoking at the crack in the door, or were blowing it with a fan!
BTW, when we were going out one morning, the housekeeper was going into that room, and we saw in, there was clothing and other stuff ALL OVER the place! The housekeeper cursed in Spanish under her breath before she kept going inside!

Ok I'm going back on topic with a past room assignment.

Room 6058 (6 meaning 6th floor), Pool view (window was kind of foggyin the a.m.) 2 Queens (not the white duvet but shiny gold spread) about mid-bldg. and not too far from the elevator. Good view of park and guitar on the hill.
No smoking, we heard a faint dog bark in the distance.

1129 is a garden view room located on the first floor with a view of some grassy area. This was the first room I ever stayed in at HRH so I wasn't familiar with the hotel or the room views. The view is not that good and there are shrubs that obstruct your view of the gardens outside.

3082 is a garden view room on the lobby level just a short walk from the lobby. I think it is the last room in the tiny wing located behind the HR store, directly across from the hotel offices and very close to the elevators. It has a view of the water taxi dock and courtyard.

5078 is a garden view room with the same view as 3082 just higher up. Again, very close to the elevators on the 5th floor.

I will post club and suite locations later on.

I took the from another thread. Thanks MamaKate-

Motherfletcher- I was in room 7047 (I think) and it had a view of the water taxi area. It was close to the elevators and lounge & that's what I requested, so I was happy. Yes, I got a discount for the cabana. It was $50/a day for the regular. My kids wanted a themed cabana ($75/day), but we were there for the dive-in movie and the themed get blocked by the screen.

7125 is a club level room with a king bed. The view is of the Universal parking garages and waterway. Not a bad view. The only negative is the distance from the club lounge. 7123 has two queen beds and connects to 7125.

7096 is also a club level room with two queen beds. It is two rooms down from the Graceland suite(7090) and very very close to the elevators and club lounge. It has an awesome view of the pool and themeparks.

7094 is the connecting room to the Graceland with 2 queen beds. This rooms is a little smaller than the normal rooms. I remember the bathroom area being different. The view is fantastic!

Just back today from a night at HRH. I Had probably the worst garden view room you could ever get. 1135 is on the first floor with a view of a wall and some plants. The wall completely blocks out any view you might have from the room. There was also a light pole down outside of the window. This room is a smoking room even though they say it isn't. Such a horrible smell. Very dark and gloomy compared to most of the rooms. It did however have the white duvets on the beds.

AVOID 1135!

How did that happen? Where was your hook up? You must have got the room pretty cheap!

My room was 5026, all the way at the end of the West wing, but facing the pool. Web page with pics is here.

http://www.nogodforme.com/IOA.htm

From what I've read in the past, the best room is 6090, or anything near that. It's a pool view room on the east side with a good view of the parks.

Our last room was a deluxe on the Club floor, it was room 7041. The view was the front door, the valet area. It was nice enough, I dont think we spent much time looking out the window.

Patty

Motherfletcher,

I paid $174. I'm not really sure how this happened but Mark Shouger said he was embarrassed and that it wouldn't happen again. I guess that will do.

bumping this up again.

Great replies - loved seeing the pictures

main interest is a garden view room in decent condition that is in a quiet section - great if it has a view of amusement park.

5068 is a kids suite on the 5th floor. It is the first room from the elevator. The view is of the water taxi area and courtyard.

3100 is a king suite on the lobby level. This room has a pool view but it is completely obstructed by palm trees.

I have requested room 6090 for our upconming visit. We were in that room last year and it had a great view--pool and parks.

bumping this up - looking for standard garden view room numbers - 2 beds - non-smoking. I think I would like to be away from the elevators since I would rather not hear any traffic.

I am going in April so it's coming up quickly!! 6 weeks and 1 day to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter