Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

How bad are the mosquitos on the AB side in September? Are they worse in general on the AB side?

They didn't offer free dining to ANY standard view rooms? Even at other resorts?

Sorry, i was specifically referring to Port Orleans, Riverside---
She said Garden Room and above are only offered at Riverside for FD packages. However, other resorts do offer standard rooms for FD packages.

OK gang, small favor time please! :) :) Someone has pointed out what I think is probably an error in my building floorplan layout for Alligator Bayou lodge 34. Oops!

I think the numbering scheme on my map of #34 is 'inverted' (i.e. the rooms numbers which I have listed as being closest to the northern parking lot should actually be the rooms furthest away from the parking lot). The position of the only two quoted Standard View rooms in that building (rooms 3416 and 3417) would seem to back that up.

So, if someone who is staying at Riverside at the moment has a few minutes to spare for a little exploratory stroll into the Bayou, could you maybe confirm whether the following plan of building #34 is accurate or not? Specifically, are the top two rooms, closest to the parking lot (which I have listed below as 3401 and 3432) really numbered as 3417 and 3416 respectively in the actual building? I'm fairly sure that will be the case, but I'd like to be 100% certain before I re-edit all my files.

upload_2015-5-3_18-28-20.png

Many thanks to anyone who can help confirm this for me,

Andre

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-3_18-29-4.png
    upload_2015-5-3_18-29-4.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 2

Has anyone stayed in building 39? How is It? Approx how long does it take to get to the main pool and the food court?

We have a king bed with a murphy bed booked to our vacation this summer. We are planning on putting our 2.5 year old on the murphy bed. I know that you can request bed rails for kids---or at least that is what I have read before. Can you request them for the murphy bed? TIA!

I know that you can request bed rails for kids---or at least that is what I have read before. Can you request them for the murphy bed? TIA!

Yes, you can. You'd need to refit them each night if you close the bed up during the day of course.

Andre

How bad are the mosquitos on the AB side in September? Are they worse in general on the AB side?

We stayed the first week of Sept. in AB and never had a problem with mosquitoes. My hubby is usually a magnet for them lol

Has anyone stayed in building 39? How is It? Approx how long does it take to get to the main pool and the food court?

Building 39 is wonderfully quiet. We were squarely in the middle of the building, upper floor and facing the back. I don't recall the time it took to the pool and main building, but I was traveling with a pregnant friend and she didn't find the walk any trouble at all (oh, and we also participated in the Tower of Terror race). The food court will feel like a longer walk, but, honestly, you get distracted by the things you see on the way -- the river, the fishing pond, the pool, the water wheel, etc. If I could, I would request 39 again for my next visit!

I haven't stayed in AB section, but have stayed in many different wow resorts, and never had mosquito problem. You'd think there would be with all the water around. They must spray or something.

We stayed the first week of Sept. in AB and never had a problem with mosquitoes. My hubby is usually a magnet for them lol

I haven't stayed in AB section, but have stayed in many different wow resorts, and never had mosquito problem. You'd think there would be with all the water around. They must spray or something.

I don't remember ever having a problem, but DH (also a magnet lol) was like whoa, what about the mosquitoes if we're staying on that side and also by the water. I tried to tell him i've never seen a mosquito and he said well why don't you ask on that website you go on. :surfweb:

Building 39 is wonderfully quiet. We were squarely in the middle of the building, upper floor and facing the back. I don't recall the time it took to the pool and main building, but I was traveling with a pregnant friend and she didn't find the walk any trouble at all (oh, and we also participated in the Tower of Terror race). The food court will feel like a longer walk, but, honestly, you get distracted by the things you see on the way -- the river, the fishing pond, the pool, the water wheel, etc. If I could, I would request 39 again for my next visit!

Yay! the pics around that building look amazing! It seemed very peaceful and relaxing. I also love that it's right next to the quiet pool (we have a pool view room) so that will make it easy to run out in the AM or at night when we get back for a quick swim. Is it easy to get to the bus stop? Do you have any tips for the bus from that area?

OK gang, small favor time please! :) :) Someone has pointed out what I think is probably an error in my building floorplan layout for Alligator Bayou lodge 34. Oops!

I think the numbering scheme on my map of #34 is 'inverted' (i.e. the rooms numbers which I have listed as being closest to the northern parking lot should actually be the rooms furthest away from the parking lot). The position of the only two quoted Standard View rooms in that building (rooms 3416 and 3417) would seem to back that up.

So, if someone who is staying at Riverside at the moment has a few minutes to spare for a little exploratory stroll into the Bayou, could you maybe confirm whether the following plan of building #34 is accurate or not? Specifically, are the top two rooms, closest to the parking lot (which I have listed below as 3401 and 3432) really numbered as 3417 and 3416 respectively in the actual building? I'm fairly sure that will be the case, but I'd like to be 100% certain before I re-edit all my files.

View attachment 92160

Many thanks to anyone who can help confirm this for me,

Andre
If no one does it beforehand I'll try to make my over there for you on our trip, but we don't arrive till Wednesday. You want to know what the room numbers are of the top two rooms facing the parking lot right? However we will be in a Royal Room so if someone else closer to that area could do it, it would be better.

I don't remember ever having a problem, but DH (also a magnet lol) was like whoa, what about the mosquitoes if we're staying on that side and also by the water. I tried to tell him i've never seen a mosquito and he said well why don't you ask on that website you go on. :surfweb:

Yay! the pics around that building look amazing! It seemed very peaceful and relaxing. I also love that it's right next to the quiet pool (we have a pool view room) so that will make it easy to run out in the AM or at night when we get back for a quick swim. Is it easy to get to the bus stop? Do you have any tips for the bus from that area?
From map on pg 1 it looks closest to North Depot. When we stay in Acadian House we prefer that depot over main South Depot. Way more relaxing then the chaotic crowded South Depot. One of the things I dislike about South Depot is everybody gets in line, so it's hard to know which bus they're waiting for. A bus may pull up, so I go on line, but half the people just stay in line, and it's not their bus :rolleyes1
At the other Depots everyone just sits on the bench until their bus comes!

I've stayed in building 39 twice. Nice building we had ground floor rooms both times. Walk isn't bad and quiet pool is right there. We would go every night to fill our mugs, I loved walking around the resort. Only problem is your kind of in between two bus stops so you really don't have a shorter walk to one or the other.

I keep seeing people ask about distances from rooms to various places. Someone on another thread pointed me towards this helpful site: http://geodistance.com/

You can plot out different walking paths and see which way is really shorter. Just put in POR Address for the location and there you go. Hope others can find it as useful as I have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter