Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone stayed in building 39? How is It? Approx how long does it take to get to the main pool and the food court?
Yes, I stayed in building 39 this past February. It wasn't too far of a walk. I'd say about 5 minutes to the main pool and about 7 minutes to the food court. We were in ground floor room on the opposite side of the pool. It was very quiet but then again my previous stays in building 17 and in Magnolia Terrace were also quiet.

4 weeks until we check into POR! I'm so excited, sadly I'm more excited for our trip than the actual wedding itself :P

Thanks to Andre for the great information. I sent in a faxed request for my room and got the exact one we wanted. Wonderful 7 days back at home at POR!

OK gang, small favor time please! :) :) Someone has pointed out what I think is probably an error in my building floorplan layout for Alligator Bayou lodge 34. Oops!

TouringPlans has the rooms numbered the same way as you have them FWIW.

Interesting read! Now if they could do something about Palmeto bugs, or as I call them, flying cockroaches ick!!
When we arrived to the Poly for a stay a few years ago, my husband decided to try to take a nap while my mom and I took my kids to the pool. We hadn't unpacked yet but just opened some of the suitcases to change. My husband went to get something out of one of the suitcases that had been opened and discovered a palmetto bug which he didn't know much about. He told me afterward that he came across the biggest bug he'd ever seen (which he thought was a roach). He claimed that he killed it. After our trip, he told me that he tried to get it but couldn't since it flew away. He didn't want to let me know that it was most likely in the room the whole time because he knew I would want to change rooms. I certainly would have. It totally grosses me out that a palmetto bug could have been flying or crawling around us when we slept. I'm sure it probably got in when the previous guest was using the patio. They probably left the door open. You're right, it would be nice if Disney could do something about the palmetto bugs.

When we arrived to the Poly for a stay a few years ago, my husband decided to try to take a nap while my mom and I took my kids to the pool. We hadn't unpacked yet but just opened some of the suitcases to change. My husband went to get something out of one of the suitcases that had been opened and discovered a palmetto bug which he didn't know much about. He told me afterward that he came across the biggest bug he'd ever seen (which he thought was a roach). He claimed that he killed it. After our trip, he told me that he tried to get it but couldn't since it flew away. He didn't want to let me know that it was most likely in the room the whole time because he knew I would want to change rooms. I certainly would have. It totally grosses me out that a palmetto bug could have been flying or crawling around us when we slept. I'm sure it probably got in when the previous guest was using the patio. They probably left the door open. You're right, it would be nice if Disney could do something about the palmetto bugs.
We were sitting on the GF dock last summer watching Wishes when a giant Palmetto bug crawled up thru slats near us, ugh. We didn't know what to watch more, Wishes or keeping track of the bugs whereabouts.

We were sitting on the GF dock last summer watching Wishes when a giant Palmetto bug crawled up thru slats near us, ugh. We didn't know what to watch more, Wishes or keeping track of the bugs whereabouts.
I think I would have been more focused on the bug's whereabouts!

Our time is getting closer!! So a few questions I couldn't find the answer to.
1. Is it ok to ship bottled water using amazon prime? We arrive on a Saturday, should I order it Tuesday or Wednesday if it is ok to do that.
2. 5 of us staying in AB. When I look at the floor plan there is no dresser because of the murphy bed. Where do you all store your clothes? We will be there for 9 nights.

1. Is it ok to ship bottled water using amazon prime? We arrive on a Saturday, should I order it Tuesday or Wednesday if it is ok to do that.
2. 5 of us staying in AB. When I look at the floor plan there is no dresser because of the murphy bed. Where do you all store your clothes? We will be there for 9 nights.

Yes you can have cases of water shipped to the resort, but they ask to limit it to one case of water per outer carton as they get very heavy.

There are three drawers beneath the bench-seat under the fold-down bed. Not a massive amount of space though, but there's more hanging space in the vanity area and other small shelves/etc too.

Andre

I (just) fit clothes for 5 people for a 7 night stay in those little drawers, and I could access them well enough with the bed still down.

Yay! the pics around that building look amazing! It seemed very peaceful and relaxing. I also love that it's right next to the quiet pool (we have a pool view room) so that will make it easy to run out in the AM or at night when we get back for a quick swim. Is it easy to get to the bus stop? Do you have any tips for the bus from that area?

I've stayed in building 39 twice. Nice building we had ground floor rooms both times. Walk isn't bad and quiet pool is right there. We would go every night to fill our mugs, I loved walking around the resort. Only problem is your kind of in between two bus stops so you really don't have a shorter walk to one or the other.

rteetz has it right -- you're really in between stops. North Depot felt closer to us since that is the stop we always used; when I look at the resort map on portorleans.org it could just be due to the fact that we tended to exit our room/the building nearest to 38, so the closest walkway sign pointed us towards North Depot.

Our time is getting closer!! So a few questions I couldn't find the answer to.

We take 2 of these on every trip. They do not take up much room in a suitcase and are a BIG convenience:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter