Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We love the sweater hangers!^^

We are on the verge of switching over our Poly reservation to POR for August with free dining! So excited, our TA has our POR Pool View on hold for us while we decide. We only stayed at POR for 2 nights last time, so a whole trip will be SO much nicer, and we already had an evening planned their with YeeHaw Bob and a carriage ride. We had a great "magical" deal at the Poly, but there are so many uncertainties with the construction, down to one (amazing) pool, reduced monorail schedules that might bleed into August, etc. and ultimately we just want to relax and unwind when we get back to out resort with access to 7 pools, plus and extra day or two access to the water parks, plus a couple more ADRs, and we save $500+...

But I need a little help on our bldg request. Can we still request one of the six pool view rooms in bldg 18 (along with 16)? Any other AB pool view recommendations that might be close to the inner walking path yet near a bus stop, like maybe 39? Looking to appease DS9 a bit and not push it with a "girly" mansion room. We were in bldg 28 (garden view) in 2013 and I think I may have even gotten lost once, so I would love to avoid that too. :rotfl2:

TIA!

Last edited:
I don't think the mansions are girly! They aren't all Royal Rooms. Aside from preferred locations I think both Acadian House & magnolia Terrace pool view rooms have the best locations being close to Old Msn Island foot bridge.

Andre

We check in on May 16. Should I send my fax this Friday, May 8 to wait until Monday, May 11?

Where do I find the link regarding sending faxes.

Can we still request one of the six pool view rooms in bldg 18 (along with 16)?

If you've booked Pool View, then those six pool view rooms in building 18 are allowed within your category, yes.

We check in on May 16. Should I send my fax this Friday, May 8 to wait until Monday, May 11? Where do I find the link regarding sending faxes.

If you're arriving on a Saturday, I'd probably suggest sending your fax on Tuesday morning. For my requests info, see http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php .

Andre

Last summer I stayed at AoA and, using DME, there was a room attached to the main building that I brought my luggage to on check out day whereupon they checked it and took it for me, and delivered it to the airport. I can't recall what I did with my luggage at POFQ back in 2009.

Question is... how does this work if you are using DME at POR?

Thanks in advance.

there was a room attached to the main building that I brought my luggage to on check out day whereupon they checked it and took it for me, and delivered it to the airport.

It's called Bell Services, and yes they have one at POR too. You can leave stuff there after you've checked out until the bus comes to take you to the airport.

With many airlines, you can even check your hold baggage at the same time, so it gets taken directly to the plane for you.

Andre

Our time is getting closer!! So a few questions I couldn't find the answer to.
1. Is it ok to ship bottled water using amazon prime? We arrive on a Saturday, should I order it Tuesday or Wednesday if it is ok to do that.
2. 5 of us staying in AB. When I look at the floor plan there is no dresser because of the murphy bed. Where do you all store your clothes? We will be there for 9 nights.

I always bring several hanging closet organizers. Started doing that on cruises. Then, as the resorts started cutting down on storage, found it to work great on land as well!!! Traveling with two 21 y/o's in 10 days......I'll be bringing several of those organizers!!!!!

Last summer I stayed at AoA and, using DME, there was a room attached to the main building that I brought my luggage to on check out day whereupon they checked it and took it for me, and delivered it to the airport. I can't recall what I did with my luggage at POFQ back in 2009.

Question is... how does this work if you are using DME at POR?

Thanks in advance.
You used the RAC counter to check those bags. It works exactly the same way at POR. You will see the RAC counter outside of the front lobby....I think that's where it is now.
DME works pretty much the same at all the resorts.

It's called Bell Services, and yes they have one at POR too. You can leave stuff there after you've checked out until the bus comes to take you to the airport.

With many airlines, you can even check your hold baggage at the same time, so it gets taken directly to the plane for you.

Andre

Thanks. I hesitated to just generically say "bell services" because my understanding is that you can't always "check your bags" right at every resort. In other words, that having bell services hold your bags is not the same thing as actually checking your bags. What I am hearing, if I understand you correctly, is that I can get my bags weighed in and "checked" right at bell services at POR. Thanks for the info.

You used the RAC counter to check those bags. It works exactly the same way at POR. You will see the RAC counter outside of the front lobby....I think that's where it is now.
DME works pretty much the same at all the resorts.

Excellent. Thanks.

I've booked!! Thanks to this thread and some amazing youtube videos I've been oogiling on the smart tv, well my excitment just went through the roof and here I am! Now because I'm overseas I booked through the Irish site and there was no place to put requests but I have until Nov 2016 to get those sorted out. Just hoping for a mansion with an elevator since we had a little garden snake in our FQ room last year. o_O
Anyway looking forward to reading this thread for a very long time! lol :jumping1:

I will be arriving at POR in 7 days - 05/14, this is my question. I have printed up my letter of request for room location but cannot decide on what day to fax it on. Friday 05/08, or Monday 05/11. I do not have access to a fax machine on Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks. I hesitated to just generically say "bell services" because my understanding is that you can't always "check your bags" right at every resort. In other words, that having bell services hold your bags is not the same thing as actually checking your bags. What I am hearing, if I understand you correctly, is that I can get my bags weighed in and "checked" right at bell services at POR. Thanks for the info.
Bell Services and RAC are two entirely different things. If you want to check your bags, while you wait for your room to be readied, or to hold until it's time for you to leave for the airport after checking out, then you would hand your bags to Bell Services...or Luggage Assistance at some resorts. If you want to check your bags, to have them sent directly to the airport, then you need RAC. RAC (remote airline checkin) is sometimes located close to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance. But they aren't one and the same. Just wanted to be sure there was no misunderstanding.

Bell Services and RAC are two entirely different things. If you want to check your bags, while you wait for your room to be readied, or to hold until it's time for you to leave for the airport after checking out, then you would hand your bags to Bell Services...or Luggage Assistance at some resorts. If you want to check your bags, to have them sent directly to the airport, then you need RAC. RAC (remote airline checkin) is sometimes located close to Bell Services/Luggage Assistance. But they aren't one and the same. Just wanted to be sure there was no misunderstanding.

Which is exactly why I was asking the question. I had the sense from my last trip down that these were two different services, but not enough experience or knowledge to understand it completely. Thanks so much, responders!

I will be arriving at POR in 7 days - 05/14, this is my question. I have printed up my letter of request for room location but cannot decide on what day to fax it on. Friday 05/08, or Monday 05/11. I do not have access to a fax machine on Saturday or Sunday.

Venomhatch recommends 5-7 days out, so I think you'd be fine doing it Friday. In fact, waiting to Monday gets you UNDER 5 days, so you'd probably be well advised to send it Friday.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/po...ench-quarter-room-request-fax-thread.3116216/

Which is exactly why I was asking the question. I had the sense from my last trip down that these were two different services, but not enough experience or knowledge to understand it completely. Thanks so much, responders!
They are just next to one another at POR, to the right of the main entrance.

Venomhatch recommends 5-7 days out, so I think you'd be fine doing it Friday. In fact, waiting to Monday gets you UNDER 5 days, so you'd probably be well advised to send it Friday.

I normally recommend 3-5 days, and definitely no further out than 5 days. The room inventory team don't normally look for possible room category changes prior to that point, so you might miss out on the chance of a pixie dust upgrade.

Andre

OK gang, small favor time please! :) :) Someone has pointed out what I think is probably an error in my building floorplan layout for Alligator Bayou lodge 34. Oops!

I just got this confirmed by a friend who could get someone to check on-site (thanks L!) and I was right that the plan for building 34 was inverted, it should in fact look like this:

upload_2015-5-8_23-49-59.png

Site and PDFs are now updated.

Andre

I normally recommend 3-5 days, and definitely no further out than 5 days. The room inventory team don't normally look for possible room category changes prior to that point, so you might miss out on the chance of a pixie dust upgrade.

Andre

Well that's interesting. Then you and Venom have differing opinions on this it seems. *shrug*

Well that's interesting. Then you and Venom have differing opinions on this it seems. *shrug*

Yes we do.

My recommendations are based on the personal suggestions of the Room Inventory Manager who heads up the room assignment team at Port Orleans, but please feel free to use whatever timescale you like. As I've often pointed out, this isn't an exact science, and they don't have dragons poised to incinerate any faxes which arrive outside of a tightly-regulated timeframe prescribed by us nerds on the internet. :)

Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything from Venomhatch lately? His last post was on 17 Feb, and he hasn't even been online on the DIS for two months now. I know he was staying at POR last month (4 April), and I thought we might have heard from him about his visit, hope he's okay.

Andre

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter