Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will in room fridge hold 1 or 2 gallons of milk. I know we will need 2 but if they don't fit...I need another plan.

Haven't stayed at POR since the re-furb yet but we stayed at CSR right after their re-furb in 2010 and we could only fit half gallons of milk in there. So if the POR fridge is the same, I'd say no. Andre or Venomhatch would know better than me.

So excited to say my trip is now official!! :cool1:
Bringing my 4 y/o DD and cousin (20-something) along for a birthday trip for myself. Got a Royal Room with the Disney Visa discount for May 5-10. I am beyond thrilled, as I have wanted to stay at every Mod and this trip will make my goal!

Trying to navigate things on here and plan in more detail now that Christmas is over. One question: Which building/area is closer to a bus stop? A RR in Parterre or Oak Manor? Was not going to make any requests but would love to be close to a bus stop.

Thanks lillykat. I'm conflicted whether to just order diapers from Amazon, or ship a box of things. I had better make up my mind soon as we leave in 2 weeks! Thanks for your input :)

If you ship from amazon you will either have to leave diapers behind or find a way to get them home when they didn't come down with you. If you ship a box you can work out what you normally use in a day and add a certain amount extra to account for extra changes or illness etc. If you ship a box you can just ship whatever quantity of each item you need vs having say full packages of things and then having to choose to find room to bring it home or to ship it.

Will in room fridge hold 1 or 2 gallons of milk.

You can fit a gallon carton in the fridge, but I rather doubt you'd easily get two in.

One question: Which building/area is closer to a bus stop? A RR in Parterre or Oak Manor? Was not going to make any requests but would love to be close to a bus stop.

Oak would be closest for the East bus stop. Both Oak and Parterre are fairly even in terms of getting to the South depot (depending on where in the building you end up - you need to be as close as possible to the bridge). See the map in the first post.

Andre

Oak would be closest for the East bus stop. Both Oak and Parterre are fairly even in terms of getting to the South depot (depending on where in the building you end up - you need to be as close as possible to the bridge). See the map in the first post.

Andre

Thank you Andre! Happy New Year to you & to all who are so helpful and informative on this thread! Cheers!!

Hi everyone! We are leaving for our trip soon. I don't have access to a fax, but am going to try and get access one next week to get our room requests in. We are currently booked for a royal room, standard view. I was thinking of requesting Oak Manor. We will have 4 adults and 1 toddler, so I can request a pack and play too, right? Anything else? We don't care about views at all since there aren't any balconies. Anything else I am missing?

Thank you to Venom for solving my earlier post issue about room request! His pm was very thoughtful and reassuring! :)

We are 39 days out from our first on-site family trip! DH and I stayed at WL and at POFQ before children and we've been twice as a family but stayed in a rental house. We didn't put any thought into which resort we'd be staying at for this upcoming trip but ended up with POR due to it being the best price for 5 people for the play/stay/dine deal. I've since read through this entire thread and am thrilled we are staying at POR. I don't think I could've picked a better place if I'd tried!

We will be suprising the kids with the news via a treasure hunt on New Year's Eve. They don't think we're going again until Feb 2014, and they ask every single day (I swear!) how long it will be until we go again, so they will be incredibly excited. We were supposed to go last February to celebrate my
40th birthday, but DH was laid off from his job of 11 years in January so we had to cancel our trip. We will be there for my 41st birthday instead! (DH found another position mid-March that he loves and with a raise - what a difference a year makes!).

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the wealth of information!

Hi everyone! We are leaving for our trip soon. I don't have access to a fax, but am going to try and get access one next week to get our room requests in. We are currently booked for a royal room, standard view. I was thinking of requesting Oak Manor. We will have 4 adults and 1 toddler, so I can request a pack and play too, right? Anything else? We don't care about views at all since there aren't any balconies. Anything else I am missing?

PM me maybe I can help you.

Thank you to Venom for solving my earlier post issue about room request! His pm was very thoughtful and reassuring! :)

Of course your welcome! Hope you have a magical visit!

We are 39 days out from our first on-site family trip! DH and I stayed at WL and at POFQ before children and we've been twice as a family but stayed in a rental house. We didn't put any thought into which resort we'd be staying at for this upcoming trip but ended up with POR due to it being the best price for 5 people for the play/stay/dine deal. I've since read through this entire thread and am thrilled we are staying at POR. I don't think I could've picked a better place if I'd tried!

We will be suprising the kids with the news via a treasure hunt on New Year's Eve. They don't think we're going again until Feb 2014, and they ask every single day (I swear!) how long it will be until we go again, so they will be incredibly excited. We were supposed to go last February to celebrate my
40th birthday, but DH was laid off from his job of 11 years in January so we had to cancel our trip. We will be there for my 41st birthday instead! (DH found another position mid-March that he loves and with a raise - what a difference a year makes!).

We arrive on the same day! Our flight doesn't get in until very late so we don't really start our holiday until 7th!!
Have a wonderful birthday, we are getting married in July so have decided to have a pre-wedding honeymoon so we can bring our twin boys with us before they start Kindergarden in September.
See you there!! :yay::yay::yay:

i have another question! i find that they keep popping up now that disney is only 34 days away!! so i know now that i can charge restaurant tips to my room, but at the end of the trip, can i pay off my room charges with cash? i don't know if that is a stupid question or not, but i think it would be best to just pay it in cash instead of charge it and then have to pay the bill a month later! thanks :)

We arrive on the same day! Our flight doesn't get in until very late so we don't really start our holiday until 7th!!
Have a wonderful birthday, we are getting married in July so have decided to have a pre-wedding honeymoon so we can bring our twin boys with us before they start Kindergarden in September.
See you there!! :yay::yay::yay:

I see you are coming from the north too! We are anxious for some (hopefully) warm Florida weather! Have a great trip!

Just booked a Royal Room garden view for Feb 1st!

This will be our first onsite stay; seemed like a great deal, so we went with it. Gonna be a short trip, just 1 day at MK, but still very excited, especially about New Fantasyland
And we get to surprise my 3 year old the day we leave again.

quick question:
Is DTD worth the boat ride even if we don't plan on shopping?
Any suggestions for DTD with little dude?

Thanks!

:cool1:
We were supposed to be in WDW last Feb for my 40th!!! But instead we found out we were expecting #5 so we are heading there this year. Woohoo for 1972 :banana:

Hope you have an awesome celebration!!

So excited. We will be there in 5 days. Been following this thread forever!! I didn't fax a room request. I am hoping to get as close to the bridge as possible. We have a RR standard . I guess I can request when we arrive. Thanks to all for the great tips.

So excited. We will be there in 5 days. Been following this thread forever!! I didn't fax a room request. I am hoping to get as close to the bridge as possible. We have a RR standard . I guess I can request when we arrive. Thanks to all for the great tips.

So jealous.......especially with the snow we have had to shovel the last few days! We are just a little north of you, eh :)

Okay, master's of POR site:) We are reserved for RR-GV and I have faxed a request for room close to bridge, ground floor. Is there anything else to do, other than pack. 3 days cannot wait:jumping1:
Cannot wait to get to warmer weather, only got up to 54 today. brrrrrrr:)

Does anybody know what kind of activities does the resort have this coming week (movies? Smores?) We're arriving in the afternoon on Tuesday, and don't have a park day planned the first day.

I see you are coming from the north too! We are anxious for some (hopefully) warm Florida weather! Have a great trip!

It's a balmy -8c here at the moment (it was -28 on Monday!) so it's almost BBQ weather for me ;)
Any temperature that means I don't have to wear boots and gloves will be good enough for me....just a +figure will be ok!!!
I can't get to the sunshine soon enough!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter