Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about how close our trip is now... getting so excited to stay at POR, a brand-new resort to both of us! :cool1:

Venomhatch said:
Another birthday is coming for me in less than 2.5 hrs. Can anyone help me find the pause button?!?!?!?

Happy birthday. Forget the pause, I'm looking for rewind. I'd like my younger, less worn, body back please!

andrewilley said:
I believe so, yes. The two rooms can be paid for separately, so I see no reason why not.

Andre

I'm reading this question differently, I think. I believe the poster wants to know if each key to the same room can be linked to a different credit card. So person A's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and person B's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and not to person A's.
I personally would recommend not connecting the cards to the room in this situation to avoid any possible conflicts. Just pay withe the credit card in the parks. But I don't know if they can do that or not.

I am using a Windows machine. I tried using Chrome and then IE.

Note that my dining reservations appear to be linking okay. It is unable to find my package reservation.

On the "My Reservations" page the link in the phrase "view reservations made before December 12 on the pre-existing My Reservations page" does not work, it just refreshes the current page.

I work in IT and we would never, ever, require an end consumer to manually "link" their data to their account on a new system when we clearly already have this information, and then to have the linking not work... and have this mess continue for days... wow!

Also did you book with a TA? That is also been a common factor they have seen.

Thanks venomhatch! I asked Andre because someone suggested he might know! But I appreciate anyone's response :)

Yeah I no problem, I am mostly a MacBook Pro user and never heard any people having issues putting 13" ones in there.

Happy birthday. Forget the pause, I'm looking for rewind. I'd like my younger, less worn, body back please!

Yeah Rewind would be awsome!!! Thank you for the Bday comment!!!

Venomhatch said:
Also did you book with a TA? That is also been a common factor they have seen.

Yeah I no problem, I am mostly a MacBook Pro user and never heard any people having issues putting 13" ones in there.

Yeah Rewind would be awsome!!! Thank you for the Bday comment!!!

The site has been having tons of issues for travel agents and guests alike. If using the old site you should make sure you select with a travel agent from the drop down menu you get when you click how you booked.

I'm reading this question differently, I think. I believe the poster wants to know if each key to the same room can be linked to a different credit card. So person A's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and person B's key to room 201 would just be linked to her credit card and not to person A's.
I personally would recommend not connecting the cards to the room in this situation to avoid any possible conflicts. Just pay withe the credit card in the parks. But I don't know if they can do that or not.

ITA! I am reading it as well that she wants 2 cards in one room as her mother and Ils Are sharing a room so they want to pay on 2 different cards. I think the answer is no that everyone in one room needs to be on the same card. I would say link one person to the room and the other use a credit card to pay. No you can't put 2 rooms od dining credits on everyones catd. They are pooled by room. Its a pain when you aren't one household I know.

ITA! I am reading it as well that she wants 2 cards in one room as her mother and Ils Are sharing a room so they want to pay on 2 different cards. I think the answer is no that everyone in one room needs to be on the same card.

Correct, it is one credit card assigned per room. The two separate rooms can each have a different credit card assigned, but all of the individual keycards for one room will charge to the same credit card.

However, why not just pay with the credit cards directly? Room keycard charging is nice, but it's only another bit of plastic at the end of the day.

Andre

A quick question for anyone staying at POR at the moment, or very soon... if you happen to be wandering around the Bayou, could you do me a favour and help me out with some research by letting me know any one or two specific room numbers/locations in building 28?

The easiest ones to locate (as they are near to the ice/vending room) would be the ones I've marked as A, B, C and D on this plan, but any ground-floor room that you can give me a specific number for would be great.

Building28.png

Thanks for the help.

Andre

ITA! I am reading it as well that she wants 2 cards in one room as her mother and Ils Are sharing a room so they want to pay on 2 different cards. I think the answer is no that everyone in one room needs to be on the same card. I would say link one person to the room and the other use a credit card to pay. No you can't put 2 rooms od dining credits on everyones catd. They are pooled by room. Its a pain when you aren't one household I know.

Correct, it is one credit card assigned per room. The two separate rooms can each have a different credit card assigned, but all of the individual keycards for one room will charge to the same credit card.

However, why not just pay with the credit cards directly? Room keycard charging is nice, but it's only another bit of plastic at the end of the day.

Andre

Yes Mom2six and lillykat that's what I was trying to say. Thanks Andre. I thought it might not be possible. Sorry for all the confusion :)

We officially switched to POR today to save $$ with the Disney Visa Spring Promo. As expected the POFQ discount was MUCH smaller then POR. We stayed at POR once, back in 2005, and it wasn't the greatest stay. But I am willing to forget it and try again in the name of saving $$ :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday to Venom Hatch and thanks to Andre and the rest of the gang who keep this thread up to date!! Look forward to chatting with all of you in the coming months!! :goodvibes

We officially switched to POR today to save $$ with the Disney Visa Spring Promo. As expected the POFQ discount was MUCH smaller then POR. We stayed at POR once, back in 2005, and it wasn't the greatest stay. But I am willing to forget it and try again in the name of saving $$ :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday to Venomhatch and thanks to Andre and the rest of the gang who keep this thread up to date!! Look forward to chatting with all of you in the coming months!! :goodvibes

Why Thank you very much so nice of you! We are all here to help whoever may need something answered or addressed!

Officially booked for the end of April with Visa discount last night and I only had to wait on hold for about 15min! Had a great CM who talked me into tickets too. Still hoping for airfare at a reasonable rate to make this happen and also praying I heal from an injury so I can enjoy Disney pain free! Keeping fingers crossed but I am so excited to stay at POR! Thank you for all you patience and help in answering my million questions to make my choice! Subscribing to this thread now! As the months go by, I may have more questions.

Anyone been on the new WDW website today? It's actually listing the breakfast and lunch menus w/pricing for Riverside Mill. :eek: I can't get any of the other menus to pull up, however. :confused3

Officially booked for the end of April with Visa discount last night and I only had to wait on hold for about 15min! Had a great CM who talked me into tickets too. Still hoping for airfare at a reasonable rate to make this happen and also praying I heal from an injury so I can enjoy Disney pain free! Keeping fingers crossed but I am so excited to stay at POR! Thank you for all you patience and help in answering my million questions to make my choice! Subscribing to this thread now! As the months go by, I may have more questions.

Congrats on booking your trip! :goodvibes I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your injury to heal quickly. I went this past September injured, and believe me, it was a whole new experience than going healthy.

Hi everyone! Because of the Disney Visa discount, we have upgraded from AoA to POR! I'm so excited! I've never stayed in a moderate resort before so this is very exciting! I have so many questions so I need to really read through this thread. Thanks so much for having this thread :thumbsup2

32 days & counting!!

We have a bit of a dilemma - at least in my mind; wondering if there is anything we can do?

We did the big Disney reveal for the kids on Christmas morning. BIG mistake. There was too much excitement for them to really absorb it so not the huge reactions i was hoping for. Anyway, fast forward to yesterday and everyone is jumping up & down as I start sharing little bits of info. I mentioned that the 3 younger kiddos (see sig) will get a little button since it is their 1st visit. The older 2 are feeling left out of the magic of that :(. They have been before but they were both so young that they don't really remember anything - unless we show them the pics as proof LOL

Yes, they are older but at 9 & 11: they are still just kids.

What does the DIS say??

32 days & counting!!

We have a bit of a dilemma - at least in my mind; wondering if there is anything we can do?

We did the big Disney reveal for the kids on Christmas morning. BIG mistake. There was too much excitement for them to really absorb it so not the huge reactions i was hoping for. Anyway, fast forward to yesterday and everyone is jumping up & down as I start sharing little bits of info. I mentioned that the 3 younger kiddos (see sig) will get a little button since it is their 1st visit. The older 2 are feeling left out of the magic of that :(. They have been before but they were both so young that they don't really remember anything - unless we show them the pics as proof LOL

Yes, they are older but at 9 & 11: they are still just kids.

What does the DIS say??

Are you asking if you can get "First Visit" buttons for the older two as well? You can if you want to.

OK...my first question...

We are staying in a standard room. I definitely prefer the Magnolia section to the Alligator Bayou section. I'm wondering which buildings I should request in order to be closest to the food court? The Oak building only has Royal Rooms correct? I'm just looking for the best place to request as far as walking distance to the food court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter