Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I called 3 times and the first two talked about how I would have to make 2 reservations and check out and in again. The third time a woman helped me book a river view room for the full stay. With help from all of this info I was able to narrow down the 3 bldgs that river view would put us in and so I figured that was better than the hassle of checking out and moving rooms.

Here's hoping I get river view in preferred!!!

My husband tore his acl and mcl and just had surgery to remove half of his miniscus so I was hoping he wouldn't have to walk any further to the room than necessary. We have until May for him to get better!!

So excited!!!!!

Ok, I called 3 times and the first two talked about how I would have to make 2 reservations and check out and in again. The third time a woman helped me book a river view room for the full stay. With help from all of this info I was able to narrow down the 3 bldgs that river view would put us in and so I figured that was better than the hassle of checking out and moving rooms.

My husband tore his acl and mcl and just had surgery to remove half of his miniscus so I was hoping he wouldn't have to walk any further to the room than necessary. We have until May for him to get better!!

So excited!!!!!

Glad you have it settled, and wishing your husband a speedy recovery !!! I have torn my MCL before, and even without surgery, that was NOT fun.

My wife and I are headed there in May as well, here is hoping to sun shine, warm temps, and all the Magic disney (and POR) has to offer ! :)

Just checked out the AP page on the website and saw this

Passholders, plan a springtime getaway at Walt Disney World Resort and make the most of your Annual Pass!

The following sample prices are valid at these select Disney Resort hotels for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights April 7 through May 30, 2013:

and it does look like the month of May is available for POR it looks to be about a 30% discount

Thanks.. I may have to check into switching my reservation and buying a season pass...

Thanks.. I may have to check into switching my reservation and buying a season pass...

Its only worth it if you are doing more than 12 park days, and or are planning to return this year.

The room discount% is the same as the spring promo, APs are 609/person. a 10 Day Park Hopper is 400.

So unless you are making up the difference by staying more than 10 park days, (actually more than 12, if you calculate the cost of buying a 10 day, and then adding a 2 day) ... there is no discount to be had by doign the AP rates.

I tried to convince DW that if we did APs for this trip, we could do a Fall trip as well and not have to buy tickets .... she didn't bite :(

Is there such a thing at POR as a king room connected to a room with 2 queen beds?

There are some, yes. Not sure quite how many though (and none in the Royal Rooms as there are no King Beds there).

I was hoping you all would know what I could do to for our best chance at the adjoining rooms??? I know it's just a request but does sending a fax or calling the hotel directly help at all?

Yes, sending a fax about 3-5 before your arrival usually helps. See the FAQ in the first post for more details. Don't forget to ask for CONNECTING rooms if you want to have an internal doorway between the rooms though, as adjoining just means rooms next door to each other (or very nearby).

Glad you finally got the booking you wanted. The River View rooms do include some of the shortest walking distances, yes. In fact the closest room (in building 14) is about 55 yards walk to the food court door.

With five people you could be in 14, 27 or 38. Ask for ground floor in building 14 and explain the medical reasons and you should be fine. You might want to give the Special Assistance line a call in advance to have a room blocked out for you, or otherwise fax the resort a little earlier than normal (maybe a couple of weeks?) asking them the same thing. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Andre

P.S. Looks like the thread is going to beat me - I've got three days left before POR, but the thread is only one page off 250. Looks like tonight might be new-thread night!

P.S. Looks like the thread is going to beat me - I've got three days left before POR, but the thread is only one page off 250. Looks like tonight might be new-thread night!

I know I'm early Andre, but since I don't post alot and I didn't want to miss you......

Have Wonderful trip and Safe travels!!!!:woohoo:

I wish you were travelling in August again so I could get a chance for another Dis meet.:rolleyes1 Maybe next time!:thumbsup2

Sorry that we're going to just miss you here, Andre. We check out Friday to head further southwest.

The past two days have been great swimming days, folks.

Have Wonderful trip and Safe travels!!!!:woohoo:

I wish you were travelling in August again so I could get a chance for another Dis meet.:rolleyes1 Maybe next time!:thumbsup2

Sorry that we're going to just miss you here, Andre. We check out Friday to head further southwest.

Thanks, sorry to miss you both. Maybe I might make another trip early/mid August, you never know... :)

Well the thread did end up moving faster than my POR countdown, and we're about at the limit now. So, our new home is ready to move into now: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063960

Andre

I am booking on line, but the room selections keep coming up with options that sleep 4 even when I put in 5 people. How am I sure to get the room in Alligator Bayou with the murphy bed? Thank you. :goodvibes

I am booking on line, but the room selections keep coming up with options that sleep 4 even when I put in 5 people. How am I sure to get the room in Alligator Bayou with the murphy bed? Thank you. :goodvibes

If you have a child under the age of 3, it will come up as four people, because they don't count towards room occupancy. That is all I can think of happening.

The only way to guarantee AB is to book preferred, as they are only in AB.

hmmm... but then you have to pay extra for preferred. I put in 2 adults and kids ages 15,13,11. I guess I could call the resort and ask. Thanks for the info.

Do you mean it won't let you book with 5 people because the room only sleeps 4? Or it tells you POR is available even when you list 5 people but it just says thast it sleeps 4? As long as you have all 5 people listed and it lets you book POR you will be put in Alligator Bayou. If it doesn't let you book then, Yes, I would call.

Sorry, this FAQ thread is now at its 250 page limit (again!) and needs to be closed.

Please see the new updated version located HERE.

See you over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!