Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the pictures I have seen of this resort. We are taking our DD 6 on her first trip in March. Is it doable to leave the park in the afternoon and go back to the hotel for mid day rest? We would then like to return to the parks in the evening. How long does it take to do this and is it feasable?

I love the pictures I have seen of this resort. We are taking our DD 6 on her first trip in March. Is it doable to leave the park in the afternoon and go back to the hotel for mid day rest? We would then like to return to the parks in the evening. How long does it take to do this and is it feasable?

This is definitely doable, especially if you go to the park at rope drop. We usually drive to the parks, but sometimes my DH stays longer in the park with my teens and I take the younger kids back. They then take the bus and have always made it to the resort in a timely fashion. We stayed at POFQ early December, and the bus back from MK was so much quicker than driving. (I have to drive because my DS4 is afraid of buses.)

We often go at rope drop, return to the hotel between 12 & 1, then go back to park around 6ish. That's going to change now though, because DD6 has become a parade fanatic (she watches them on youtube) and there is no way she will want to go back to the hotel before the 3:00 parade! That's the one real downside to returning for a break.

Is it doable to leave the park in the afternoon and go back to the hotel for mid day rest? We would then like to return to the parks in the evening. How long does it take to do this and is it feasable?

Absolutely doable. We very rarely spend all day in the parks, and it's not a long journey back to the resort, especially at that sort of time when the buses won't be too crowd. It's one of the advantages of staying on-site. With a car it's ever quicker - I've walked out of the park exit at Epcot and been back at the room in less than 20 minutes before now.

Andre

I'm going in Feb... and I REALLY, REALLY can't wait to see this resort. I was there briefly to visit friends last Feb and it was lovely, but didn't have the time to really walk the grounds or anything. So I made sure to add a few days to my trip and booked a RGR.

Can you make room requests when you do online check-in?

No, there is no free-format text entry facility. You need to have had your request added to your original booking beforehand, or contact the resort directly (ideally by fax) about 3-5 days before you check in. You can still do online checkin in the meantime though, that does not affect how requests are looked at.

Andre

I think I could use some help. We are 9 days out from our first trip to WDW and our honeymoon. We will be checking into POR on Jan 5 for 10
nights before moving for 2 nights at AKL. We reserved a king bed at POR but we would really like to be in the mansion sections,which seems more romantic and possibly closer to the main buildings and/or river view. I'm sure this may be too much to request which is why I think I need help. How do I request? What should I request? Thanks for any help in advance.

We reserved a king bed at POR but we would really like to be in the mansion sections,which seems more romantic and possibly closer to the main buildings and/or river view. I'm sure this may be too much to request which is why I think I need help. How do I request? What should I request? Thanks for any help in advance.

Well you've already got a King Bed room paid for, so all you need to do is request a room in the Mansion Buildings. There are 40 king rooms, with all view types, available in the two regular mansion buildings, so personally I'd suggest also asking for a river view if one is available (there are about ten of those in buildings 80 and 85).

Andre

I finally made it all the way through the thread! ::yes::

We aren't going back to the 'World until November '14 and originally we had made up our minds to go back to POP. Then my husband started looking at the other resorts and lo and behold ... now we're fairly certain we'll be staying at POR. :teeth:

I have a long time to go before our trip, so I'll be living vicariously through all of your upcoming trips until mine finally rolls around. :goodvibes Look forward to chatting with everyone in the meantime. ;)

I think have just convinced the hubby to move from offsite to Riverside for our trip with the kiddos in June :) *keeping my fingers crossed that Disney comes out with some sorta promotion to help me seal the deal ;) *

YAY! I hope you can stay onsite as well!

andrewilley said:
Well you've already got a King Bed room paid for, so all you need to do is request a room in the Mansion Buildings. There are 40 king rooms, with all view types, available in the two regular mansion buildings, so personally I'd suggest also asking for a river view if one is available (there are about ten of those in buildings 80 and 85).

Andre

Ok, thank you. Is this something I should fax or have put on my reservation by calling? I know that it's been said it should be on your original reservation, but I didn't really know about the requests and such when I first booked. If just by fax, is their specific wording that I should use?

Another birthday is coming for me in less than 2.5 hrs. Can anyone help me find the pause button?!?!?!?

Venomhatch said:
Another birthday is coming for me in less than 2.5 hrs. Can anyone help me find the pause button?!?!?!?

Pause??!! Nope, haven't found that one yet. Maybe we will find it at disney :). That would be the place to press pause.

ETA: and happy birthday!

Oooh, let me wish you Happy Birthday! :dance3: party:

BTW, if you do by chance find that pause button, please let me know where it is. I'll be turning 40 in 3 weeks. :sad1:

Pause??!! Nope, haven't found that one yet. Maybe we will find it at disney :). That would be the place to press pause.

ETA: and happy birthday!

Thank you... Yeah that is the best place to sometimes feel like it is a lil in rewind. So you may feel younger, like a kid again!

Oooh, let me wish you Happy Birthday! :dance3: party:

BTW, if you do by chance find that pause button, please let me know where it is. I'll be turning 40 in 3 weeks. :sad1:

Yeah I wont hold back if I find it. Thanks so much and just PMed you back!

Is this something I should fax or have put on my reservation by calling? I know that it's been said it should be on your original reservation, but I didn't really know about the requests and such when I first booked. If just by fax, is their specific wording that I should use?

I would do both. Call and have your requests added to your reservation. Then follow up with a fax. Here's an awesome example of a faxed room request from the always helpful Venonhatch!:thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45513507&postcount=1901

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter