Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she meant 9271, which fits the description? If so, that's a lovely location, very convenient for everywhere.

Andre

P.S. Seven pages to go until we hit 250, and six days until I'm at POR... any bets which will come first? Will I perhaps be creating a new FAQ thread from a Royal Room? :)

Yes and thank you Andre, it was room 9271 and a very lovely location indeed!!!

That is an AMAZING location! Good for you :) :) Congrats on a great spot :goodvibes

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped as I planned our trip. Especially Venomhatch for your help with room requests (bldg. 17 was perfect!) and Andre, for your portorleans website too.

We returned from a wonderful 9 night trip and fell in love with the place. My husband, who before we left reminded me that he didn't want to go back to Disney for a while, was planning our next trip days after we got there! :rotfl: He loved POR too!

The grounds were beautiful, the service was great, the food in the foodcourt was good. I had worried about the busses, but they were great as well. Maybe it was just luck but it seemed one was pulling up as we were getting to the depot. We did have a super long wait one night after wishes, but that was my own fault for not following the recommended days!

We enjoyed the quiet pool, main pool, boat ride, hammocks. We only caught a glimpse of yeehaw Bob (was too tired!) and we never made it to the outdoor movies. Maybe next time. The one thing I really liked was the fact that the arcade was tucked away at the end. My kids didn't even know it was there so I didn't have to listen to them bugging to go to the arcade instead of a park! lol

We had 3 adults and 2 children in a room and we had plenty of room for all of our stuff. Housekeeping was good and we had a few towel animals throughout our stay. I have nothing negative at all to say about our experience. It was fantastic and I can't wait for our next trip!

We've been back from our incredible 7 night stay at POR for nearly a week now. (Must apologize for my tardiness in posting, but I came down with the flu the day after our return.)

I can only repeat what several others have said about this wonderful resort. It's the only place we'll stay from now on!!

THANK YOU x10000 to Venom for the insider info/pixie dust, and Andre for the vast amount of info that helped me prep.

We were thrilled to receive an upgrade to a RR and were in room 9043 in Oak Manor, with my Mum in the connecting room 9044. Yep, it is a hike to the the food court, but we didn't mind in the least.

The evening movie was shown in the yard right outside our room which was really neat to see as we were coming back from the parks, but surprisingly, it was so quiet that once we were in our rooms, we wouldn't have even known it was happening.

The biggest tip I would give to future guests: Make some time to wander around the resort and take the ferry boat to DTD and back. It brings some much-needed peace and quiet after many busy days in the parks.

I have a room question. I am trying to figure out if what I have given as a preliminary request actually exists!:wizard: We have paid for a river view room. I have requested a top floor room in the mansions........do they exist or are they all royal room?

You guys all talking up POR and Andre and Venom being so helpful has just convinced me to extend my trip a couple days !!! Now we are going to be going from may 5 to may 17 !!!! HOLY COW !!! Awesome. Just gottu get through to disney to change the ressie, already changed the flights ! :)

Can't wait !!!

Andre ... I am betting we hit 250 first ... :)

We've been back from our incredible 7 night stay at POR for nearly a week now. (Must apologize for my tardiness in posting, but I came down with the flu the day after our return.)

I can only repeat what several others have said about this wonderful resort. It's the only place we'll stay from now on!!

THANK YOU x10000 to Venom for the insider info/pixie dust, and Andre for the vast amount of info that helped me prep.

We were thrilled to receive an upgrade to a RR and were in room 9043 in Oak Manor, with my Mum in the connecting room 9044. Yep, it is a hike to the the food court, but we didn't mind in the least.

The evening movie was shown in the yard right outside our room which was really neat to see as we were coming back from the parks, but surprisingly, it was so quiet that once we were in our rooms, we wouldn't have even known it was happening.

The biggest tip I would give to future guests: Make some time to wander around the resort and take the ferry boat to DTD and back. It brings some much-needed peace and quiet after many busy days in the parks.

I'm so glad you had such a great stay!! I was wondering if you had issues with bathroom noise in your room. It looks (based on the maps on portorleans.org) like your room had two river view rooms backing up to it facing perpendicularly (which means the sink/bathroom area would've been up against the wall where your headboards were.) I know we've had issues with bathroom noise (thin walls/LOUD toilet flushing) at Pop, so I wanted to check :thumbsup2

Also, you mentioned it being a hike to the food court. We weren't thinking it looked that bad on the map. How long of a walk would you say it is? Thanks, and glad you're feeling better :goodvibes

I'm so glad you had such a great stay!! I was wondering if you had issues with bathroom noise in your room. It looks (based on the maps on portorleans.org) like your room had two river view rooms backing up to it facing perpendicularly (which means the sink/bathroom area would've been up against the wall where your headboards were.) I know we've had issues with bathroom noise (thin walls/LOUD toilet flushing) at Pop, so I wanted to check :thumbsup2

Also, you mentioned it being a hike to the food court. We weren't thinking it looked that bad on the map. How long of a walk would you say it is? Thanks, and glad you're feeling better :goodvibes

Surprisingly, we didn't hear much bathroom noise at all in our room. I recall hearing the shower running next door (in my mom's room) one morning, but otherwise never heard a toilet flush or faucets running. You will be very happy to hear that this room was WAY quieter than the ones at POP. :thumbsup2

As for the hike to the food court, it probably took us about 5 minutes to get there or so. It's just that you had to walk down to one of the bridges, cross the river, then back to the food court. We said to each other on several occasions, "Boy, if they would just add ONE more bridge straight across to Oak Manor..." ::yes::

When we return, we're going to request a pool view in building 85 (Magnolia Terrace) straight across from the bridge to Ole Man Island. That would have made for a shorter hike. :)

Surprisingly, we didn't hear much bathroom noise at all in our room. I recall hearing the shower running next door (in my mom's room) one morning, but otherwise never heard a toilet flush or faucets running. You will be very happy to hear that this room was WAY quieter than the ones at POP. :thumbsup2

As for the hike to the food court, it probably took us about 5 minutes to get there or so. It's just that you had to walk down to one of the bridges, cross the river, then back to the food court. We said to each other on several occasions, "Boy, if they would just add ONE more bridge straight across to Oak Manor..." ::yes::

When we return, we're going to request a pool view in building 85 (Magnolia Terrace) straight across from the bridge to Ole Man Island. That would have made for a shorter hike. :)

Thanks so much! I wondered about the location of the bridge and how much you'd feel like you're backtracking. Thanks again for the info! I have so long to wait until our trip, so it's fun to hear from everyone as they return. :goodvibes

You guys all talking up POR and Andre and Venom being so helpful has just convinced me to extend my trip a couple days !!! Now we are going to be going from may 5 to may 17 !!!! HOLY COW !!! Awesome. Just gottu get through to disney to change the ressie, already changed the flights ! :)

Sounds like a lot of fun! That's a nice long trip. :)

Thanks everyone for all the kind words recently, I'm so glad you've found our help useful.

not sure what is up with my ticker, but when I log into the disney site it says 60 days on my reservations page???

The My Disney Experience website is still a bit flakey at the moment, keep trying it. I wouldn't worry too much though, as although you can do online checkin 60 days out, it's not exactly urgent yet is it? :)

We returned from a wonderful 9 night trip and fell in love with the place. My husband, who before we left reminded me that he didn't want to go back to Disney for a while, was planning our next trip days after we got there! :rotfl: He loved POR too!

LOL, another convert then. The masterplan is working! :)

I have a room question. I am trying to figure out if what I have given as a preliminary request actually exists!:wizard: We have paid for a river view room. I have requested a top floor room in the mansions........do they exist or are they all royal room?

Yes, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace both have regular River View rooms. Technically 'top floor' would mean third floor, which might not be your best choice in Magnolia Terrace as all the third floor rooms are set back with views across the courtyard. The closest rooms to the river in Magnolia Terrace are on the second floor (see my floorplans). If you send a fax later, it might be worthwhile mentioning which you would prefer.

We have a preferred room booked. Would it be to much to request building 14 and a King Bed?

Technically, there are no King Bed rooms at all in the Preferred Location payment category, as they all fall into the King Bed booking category. So although you might still be able to get changed to a King room if you ask them, if it's important to you then you'd be better booking a King Bed and requesting one of the King rooms located in AB#14. Of course, then you run the risk of not get the location request though... Which is more important to you?

Andre

(five days and six pages to go...)

We just got back from Port Orleans from Feb 2-9 in rooms 1849 & 1850. Thanks to Vernomhatch for his fax suggestions!

Weather was a little chilly in the beginning of our visit, but warmed up considerably by the end. Rooms were great and resort was beautiful. I will post some pics later.

Do they still have towels by the quiet pools? A couple of years ago when we stayed there over Xmas, they did offer towels at the quiet pools. But I read on other threads, they do not. Just checking...

Do they still have towels by the quiet pools?

I didn't know they had ever offered this. They have towel return bins at the quiet pools, but not fresh supplies. We usually take our room towels with us to the quiet pools, and then just get some extras for the room. Unless that has changed in the last few months anyway.

Andre

They do not have towels at the quiet pools. As a matter of fact, there was a little card in our room on top of some towels that explained that you should take room towels to the quiet pools. Have fun! Wish I was there now :)

Good morning from POR :)

We are back! This time we are in AB lodge #16. Everyone (except me LOL) absolutely LOVES the AB rooms? Go figure. They were all asking me why i didn't book AB for our earlier stay?? I prefer the RGR myself but apparently we don't need to spend the extra $$.

Had a much longer line at check-in this time which i had totally expected given that the resort is full. Unfortunately the actual check-in time was long again :(. 30 minutes. I think it has something to do with the fact that we have 2 rooms under 1 reservation - they had trouble with the room keys. Only 1 room was ready since it was so early but again no problem except they said they would call when it was ready. Went to Boatwrights for dinner (yummy) and still jadn't heard so stopped by front desk and they said it had been ready a long time ago?? Anyway, got back to the rooms and keys didn't work again. Same thing happened when we were here last week. Had 2 rooms but keys only worked on 1 room the whole time in spite of our keys being reprinted and our entire reservation being rebooked? Seems like this may be an issue that needs to be addressed.

DH went down to get new keys and was less impressed with this process and let them know as much.

Didn't stop me from booking the bounceback!! Coming back in September although may switch that.

We started our family vacation at POR and now we are ending it here. Absolutely gorgeous resort. So blessed to have been able to stay here.

If anyone is here right now, i have the following available:
3 containers of glow sticks
7 rain ponchos (still in packages from dollar store)
6 lanyards for pins ( never used)

If you can use these - PM me and i can leave with concierge for you later today :)

Andre - thank you :)

This time we are in AB lodge #16. Everyone (except me LOL) absolutely LOVES the AB rooms? Go figure. They were all asking me why i didn't book AB for our earlier stay??

If anyone is here right now, i have the following available:
3 containers of glow sticks
7 rain ponchos (still in packages from dollar store)
6 lanyards for pins ( never used)

Andre - thank you :)

You're welcome, glad I could help.

I said the kids would like AB didn't I? Are they fighting over the murphy bed? Building 16 is a nice location too, close to the quiet pool yet not too far from main building and bus stop (walk round the back way to the South bus stop, through the parking lot, it's really close).

If no one else wants the glow sticks, my DD would love them, and we check in on Saturday 16th so you could leave them at reception for us if that's OK? One of the spare lanyards might be handy too, if they are not all taken - I'm sure there will be lots of interested folks though, so see who PMs you.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter