Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a client booked in a Preferred room. She uses a scooter and needs to be on the ground floor. I called Special Services to put in this request and the CM told me it doesn't matter because the buildings have elevators :scratchin. So I explained to her that only Magnolia Bend buildings have elevators and my client will be in Alligator Bayou which doesn't have elevators. She said "Sir I just checked and all buildings have elevators". I told her she needs to check again. She put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back she said she called the resort and had them make a note of the request. I just smiled and said thank you. Oh brother.

You just had a bad CM that thought they knew it all.

I'm reading a lot of posts in this thread talking about faxing room requests to POR - I've been told for several years that those don't matter anymore. Yesterday, I read a comment somewhere that POR is the only resort that still accepts and processes them. Is this true? What's the real deal? ...and most importantly, what's the fax # - how do I make this happen? I can find an old general fax # but not sure if it's the same one.

We have a King room and would love to stay in the mansions. ???? Insight from those in the know? thanks!!!! :worship:

I don't know about the other resorts, either, but we just returned from POR and our fax was most definitely read and all of our requests were honored. I even received email confirmation that our fax was received and requests granted about an hour after I sent the fax!

Hi all!

So, it's me, my DD5 and my 2 parents, booked into a Garden View Royal Room at POR. What are the best rooms in that category? suggestions on what to request?

Thank you!

So looking forward to staying at POR....3 weeks....Looking outside at what has to be 40 cms of snow and winds blowing at 100 km/hr....can't see across the street. Bring on Mickey the Mouse.:cool1:

We leave tomorrow!!! So excited to tryout POR for our first time. We have booked a royal room with pool view.

For those like myself staying in a GV Royal Room what building are you requesting? I want something close to the action.... suggestions??

We have the same category booked, and we didn't book a specific building. After great advice from our POR experts, I requested upper floor, river side of the building (so we might avoid the garden/parking lot view,) and close to the main areas.

We are going back to POR tomorrow :banana::banana::banana:
The magic & pixie dust of Disney was in full effect this morning :love:
My heroes know who they are :worship:

YAY FOR YOU!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

We are doing a split stay, our park tickets and dining plan start when we check into POR. Can we check in at 8am to have our cards activated and leave our luggage with bell services to be brought to the room When it is ready while we are at park?

We are doing a split stay, our park tickets and dining plan start when we check into POR. Can we check in at 8am to have our cards activated and leave our luggage with bell services to be brought to the room When it is ready while we are at park?

Yes.

I don't know about the other resorts, either, but we just returned from POR and our fax was most definitely read and all of our requests were honored. I even received email confirmation that our fax was received and requests granted about an hour after I sent the fax!

Thank you! WOW - an email back too! That is awesome to hear!

Thanks to everyone for your insight! I'll be sure to fax in my request at the 5 day point. Another reason I'm so glad we chose POR this trip!!!! ....now I just need to calm down and be patient as I count down for 3 more months....

Hi all, I am halfway through reading this very long thread at the moment!! I will get there eventually :)

I have booked my first ever trip to WDW for April this year and I am SO excited! In fact I have never even been to America before (I am from the UK) so this is a massive trip for me!

I have a couple of questions (I am sure there will be more soon especially regarding room preferences but I will get to then later!). Firstly, what is Micky Mail and will I get it over here in the UK (I don't want to miss out on anything!). Secondly, what is the easiest way to get some bottles of water to keep in my room/ take to the parks with me? I am staying for 2 weeks, but will not have a car - using the ME from the airport and then buses on the resort :)

Thanks so much for your help and also thank you to Andre and Venon for all of the helpful information throughout the post :)

Call again. I can't see there being NOTHING on property with the crowd levels the way they are. They don't even hit 100% occupancy at Christmas never mind early February. The website has been so awful that my guess is that the castmembers who are looking for inventory are having the same issues pulling up rooms that the rest of us are on the Disney site. Call and ask them to check with guest services.
I suppose it's possible but it really doesn't seem to be. Unless you're checking with a promo rate that is sold out. That would make sense.

We just left yesterday and it seemed so much busier than the rest of our stay was. I noticed a girls field hockey team and another big group (maybe one of the tour groups?) coming in the day before we left. So maybe something is going on there.

Well we should be at port orleans right now but Mother Nature had different plans for us. Earliest flight we could get is tomorrow night. Should be arriving @ POR around 1am. Put in fax request for alligator bayou building 16 or 17, but at this point really don't care where we stay as long as we're there. :)

Chris

We just booked a standard view royal room.

Is there a building we should request? Is Parterre Place easier to get to POFQ food court?

We don't care about the bus system, we just want to be close to both food courts.

Hi all!

So, it's me, my DD5 and my 2 parents, booked into a Garden View Royal Room at POR. What are the best rooms in that category? suggestions on what to request?

Thank you!

We were in 9250 (2nd floor corner room). In that immediate area you have the lighted fountain, quiet traffic area and the nightly movies on the lawn right outside of your room. The walk to the main building wasn't bad either. You were in between the quiet and mail pool also.

We just booked a standard view royal room.

Is there a building we should request? Is Parterre Place easier to get to POFQ food court?

We don't care about the bus system, we just want to be close to both food courts.

Your booking should put you towards the parking lot sections of the mansions (Oak Manor or Parteree). Parterre is the closest building to POFQ, maybe a 10 minute walk to the food court. POR foodcourt would be a bit closer depending where you land. The map on the first page will show the standard room area's. A pixie dust request to GV would get you closer yet. Either way the walks are pleasant.

Hi all, I am halfway through reading this very long thread at the moment!! I will get there eventually :)

I have booked my first ever trip to WDW for April this year and I am SO excited! In fact I have never even been to America before (I am from the UK) so this is a massive trip for me!

I have a couple of questions (I am sure there will be more soon especially regarding room preferences but I will get to then later!). Firstly, what is Micky Mail and will I get it over here in the UK (I don't want to miss out on anything!). Secondly, what is the easiest way to get some bottles of water to keep in my room/ take to the parks with me? I am staying for 2 weeks, but will not have a car - using the ME from the airport and then buses on the resort :)

Thanks so much for your help and also thank you to Andre and Venon for all of the helpful information throughout the post :)

The easiest way I know would to be order from GardenGrocer.com. They will deliver to the hotel and you can get water, snacks, just about anything you will need!

We are leaving in 3 weeks for our 1st family vacation at POR!:cool1:

Finally finish reading all the posts. I am looking for recommendations about free online fax for room request. I would be grateful for some info.:)

andrewilley said:
Have a fabulous time, I hope you get to spend some of it just enjoying being back at POR too. :thumbsup2

It'll be nice to try another section too - you did the Royal Rooms before, and now you've got the slightly different adventure of Alligator Bayou to explore. I love the lush landscaping there, and the more relaxed, informal feel to the quiet pools. And the kids will adore the fold-down bed! :yay: :cheer2:

Andre

I know, I know!!! We are so excited! We are NOT doing any parks - just hanging out at the resort! We are in big trouble now that we have stayed on site - will never be able to be offsite again. Will have to start saving up as soon as we get home :)

We arrived this afternoon. The line at check in was long but it moved quickly. We are in Acadian House. The room is very nice and clean. We have a pool view but you can't see the pool, lol. That's okay, I booked it so we would be near a quite pool for evening swims. Love this resort.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!