Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always on the lookout for older copies of the Times and/or Sentinel. If you don't mind parting with them, or alternatively could email scans, that would be very nice.

Andre

Let me check and I will PM you when I know what I have.

Hello everyone! :wave2:

SOOOO excited that we will arrive at POFQ on Friday! :banana: 2 DAYS!!! :woohoo: We are just as excited about our resort as WDW itself! :yay: Can't wait to try the pool, the beignets, the campfire and explore the resort! :thumbsup2 If anyone would like us to check out anything let me know! :goodvibes

Being from the New Orleans area, I am imagining this resort looking like the French Quarter, only cleaner, LOL! We have stayed at many of the resorts from Value to Deluxe and I am very excited about trying out POFQ! I see they also have a movie/campfire at night? We didnt do this a few years ago when we stayed at BC but we may have to check it out this time around! Two and a half weeks!!:cool1:

Being from the New Orleans area, I am imagining this resort looking like the French Quarter, only cleaner, LOL! We have stayed at many of the resorts from Value to Deluxe and I am very excited about trying out POFQ! I see they also have a movie/campfire at night? We didnt do this a few years ago when we stayed at BC but we may have to check it out this time around! Two and a half weeks!!:cool1:

The movie is actually really nice in my opinion. Last year we had a room that faced the courtyard they do it on. Lots of space to spread out a towel and hang out down there. Huge screen. A nice smoking section nearby (but not too close to the end where the screen is). Really nice spot they picked.

The movie is actually really nice in my opinion. Last year we had a room that faced the courtyard they do it on. Lots of space to spread out a towel and hang out down there. Huge screen. A nice smoking section nearby (but not too close to the end where the screen is). Really nice spot they picked.

ya when we were there in Feb they played movies on the nice nights and also our room did face the courtyard so we were able to watch the move from out room no sound but it was nice thou

Hello Fellow Diser's

My DD12 and I will be at POFQ July 14th through the 22nd. :rolleyes1 Anyone arriving the 14th or 15th need to order items and want to split the delivery cost? All we need is a case of water and gatorade. :cool1:

Thanks and Happy Day To You and Yours

I just got back from NOLA, yeah think French Quarter without the drunken tourists. I totally loved my time in NOLA it was really fun, but sometimes I saw something and thought wow if I was at POFQ I could.........

I will say when I was at POFQ I could not get the big hoohaw over benights. Then I had some in the FQ at Cafe du Monde and I thought wow these are better, THEN I had some in Kenner at the Cafe du Monde coffee shop there and they were fabulous. So don't expect the same as back home.:rotfl: but it was similar enough to make me 'nostalgic' for my vacation in WDW.

Hi. I have a couple of questions. We are staying at POFQ for the first time later this month.

1. Are there taxis stationed at the resort or do you need to call ahead for one?

2. Is there outside seating for the quick service restaurant? Also, do you know if there is outside seating at POR as well?

Thanks. :)

Hi. I have a couple of questions. We are staying at POFQ for the first time later this month.

1. Are there taxis stationed at the resort or do you need to call ahead for one?

2. Is there outside seating for the quick service restaurant? Also, do you know if there is outside seating at POR as well?

Thanks. :)

Yes, there are always taxis waiting in the back of the main parking lot. (I always wonder if they do enough business to warrant them sitting around waiting like that.)

There are cute round iron tables outside the Sassagoula Floatworks. It is a nice place to sit and much quieter. See this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1849928&page=50, post #744. On the right side you can just make out the tables outside the food court. I don't know about POR.

Yes, there are always taxis waiting in the back of the main parking lot. (I always wonder if they do enough business to warrant them sitting around waiting like that.)

There are cute round iron tables outside the Sassagoula Floatworks. It is a nice place to sit and much quieter. See this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1849928&page=50, post #744. On the right side you can just make out the tables outside the food court. I don't know about POR.

Thanks for the info. Had to put my glasses on to see those tables - lol.

Hey Andre,

First I want to thank you for the wealth of information you have on the Port Orleans website. It has helped me out so much!!!!

I do have a question though. The activities guide speaks of pool games at Ol Man Island Pool which is Riverside right?? Do they have the same acitivities at POFQ or should we walk over to Riverside? THANKS!!!

I do have a question though. The activities guide speaks of pool games at Ol Man Island Pool which is Riverside right?? Do they have the same acitivities at POFQ or should we walk over to Riverside? THANKS!!!

The same sort of things happen at POFQ (including poolside games, evening movies and campfire) as at POR. They don't have Riverside's marina for boat and cycle rentals though, so you'll need to do those things from POR. See the specific POFQ FAQ Thread for more details.

Oh, and I've recently posted the June schedules on http://www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php if anyone's interested.

Andre

Good morning all :wave2:

Does POFQ have a pin trading station? Some resorts have the books that you can look through and trade.

Just wondering.

I am so excited, I was just able to switch our resorts from CSR to POFQ. This was excatly was I was looking for and am beyond excited.

Two questions, we have breakfast reservations at 8am at the Boardwalk and were thinking of taking a taxi. Will they be avail. that early or should we arrange to have them there witht he front desk the night or that morning of? Also have B-fast at Epcot at 8am. Will the buses be around that early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter