Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first "water view" room was that of a fountain, so no boat noise to worry about:lmao: That was actually at POR, but water view can mean just that.

Actually, since the introduction of the new Garden View category, Water View rooms should now always give you at least a swimming pool view, or maybe even a river view if you're lucky. Courtyard fountains are now classed as Garden View.

Andre

Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided at POFQ? Are they a shampoo/conditioner combination and a bar of soap? What brand? What scent?

TIA :flower3:

Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided at POFQ? Are they a shampoo/conditioner combination and a bar of soap? What brand? What scent?

TIA :flower3:

They have the dreaded shampoo/conditioner combo it does not work all that well at least for me (I have fine staight hair and it left it tangled) it would work in a pinch but I didn't use it. The soap was okay, I used it to wash my hands and the scent was not overly strong. It appears to be the same as what I got at ASMu two years before.

Just booked our spur of the moment (for us, lol) August trip at POFQ!! It's our first time staying on-site and I am sooooo excited!! I've had POFQ on my bucket list for a very long time and I can't be any more tickled that I'm actually going. AND that I got dh to agree to it. :banana:

Just booked our spur of the moment (for us, lol) August trip at POFQ!! It's our first time staying on-site and I am sooooo excited!! I've had POFQ on my bucket list for a very long time and I can't be any more tickled that I'm actually going. AND that I got dh to agree to it. :banana:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Congratulations....you are going to LOVE POFQ. It is our favorite moderate. The boat to DTD is wonderful, nice and relaxing, and the pool is fun. DH and I are staying there on our adult only weekend trip starting tomorrow :banana:. Have a great time and be sure to write a review when you come back :goodvibes.

I've been lurking around for a while, new to DIS boards, but have been to Disney once before and we stayed at POR. We absolutely LOVED it there:love:

Now my DD, DS and MIL are headed back in July with my daughter's Dance Studio to perform at Downtown Disney. I am so lucky that the group got placed at POFQ! This is the resort we talked about checking out next anyway. :banana:

I was curious about the Grocery delivery to the resort.....will the resort deliver the groceries directly to your room; or do you need to pick them up at the desk and bring to your room??? If I could have it delivered to the room, that would make more space in the car for other things.

Thanks!

I've been lurking around for a while, new to DIS boards, but have been to Disney once before and we stayed at POR. We absolutely LOVED it there:love:

Now my DD, DS and MIL are headed back in July with my daughter's Dance Studio to perform at Downtown Disney. I am so lucky that the group got placed at POFQ! This is the resort we talked about checking out next anyway. :banana:

I was curious about the Grocery delivery to the resort.....will the resort deliver the groceries directly to your room; or do you need to pick them up at the desk and bring to your room??? If I could have it delivered to the room, that would make more space in the car for other things.

Thanks!

I used Garden Grocer last year and the groceries I ordered were delivered to bell services. I got the text that the groceries had arrived and since we were near bell services at the time I picked the groceries up. Otherwise, you just call bell services and they will deliver the groceries to your room.

So happy for you It is absolutely wonderful. I hope you Love it as much as we do. Also POR is your sister resort so you can go there and visit the amenities as well Have a great trip.:goodvibes

I used Garden Grocer last year and the groceries I ordered were delivered to bell services. I got the text that the groceries had arrived and since we were near bell services at the time I picked the groceries up. Otherwise, you just call bell services and they will deliver the groceries to your room.

Awesome! Thanks so much! :flower3:
Off to the Garden Grocer site :)

I'll be there tomorrow!! :yay:

Will anybody else be there too? Or will I have the place to myself? :rotfl2:

Have a wonderful trip!!::banana: Won't be there at the same time, but I did notice we'll be staying at the same resorts this year. :cool1:

We requested building 5 and I was wondering what the odds are of getting this building since we just have a standard room ressie? Are there any ways I can increase my chances of getting my special request fulfilled? :flower3:

Hello fellow POFQ fans!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get to the Fantasia Mini Golf course from the resort.

If it's easier to take a cab how much would it be; approximately?

Thanks for your help!

We requested building 5 and I was wondering what the odds are of getting this building since we just have a standard room ressie?

Technically there aren't really any Standard rooms in building 5 (other than perhaps an odd stairwell-facing room) but you never know, they might give you a pixie dust upgrade anyway if you have requested it.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get to the Fantasia Mini Golf course from the resort.

A cab would probably be easiest, but otherwise the course is located just across the road from the Swan hotel, so you could get a bus to a park or to Downtown Disney and change there for a Swan/Dolphin bus.

Andre

What buildings are most of the Standard rooms? Thinking if we cannot make sure we get a Mansion standard room at the POR than we will go with POFQ standard. We really like both but do not want the Alligaor Bayou rooms at all. Not my thing!

What buildings are most of the Standard rooms?

Basically any of the ones with rooms facing out toward the parking lots - 1, 3, 4 and 7. But don't worry, if you request a mansion building at POR and explain very clearly that you really don't like the concept of the Alligator Bayou area, you should be fine. Might be worth sending them a fax a few days before you arrive to reiterate your request too.

Andre

Thank you SO much! I have been to your site many times and can't thank you enough for the time and energy you put into it. I probably won't make up my mind until it the packages are announced for 2013. We are going Feb 2013 and I need 2 rooms- 1 for 4 people (2 adults and 2 Disney adults) and 1 for me. We need some privacy and could never comfortably fit into the Bayou room for 5 anyway. So I am hoping for 2 connecting rooms either in the standard rooms Mansions at POR or standard POFQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter