Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shecup

shecup Earning My Ears

We're booked at the POFQ for January 6-12!!! :cool1: I originally booked the LM room at AoA, for my [then] 4yo daughter and I still hope to get there one day. But when the P/S/D packages came out, I saw the week in a moderate was actually cheaper than the week in the AoA LM room by $158. After waiting a few too many days, I called my agent to make the switch. We had to "settle" for a Garden View because the standard rooms were not available. That dropped my savings to about $28 but hey it's still cheaper than a value.

I'm sure I made the right decision! Figured since my husband is not a Disney fanatic :crazy2: he'd need a little "off" time at the hotel and this seemed just perfect for that. I'm super excited about the switch. Now to read all I can about the PORFQ. I've already requested a high floor, but now have to check out which buildings are the quietest since I'm a light sleeper.

Any tips for a newbie are certainly welcome! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Tina

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Building 4 is right next to the bus stop and closer to the food court. That's the one I requested. Take a look at the map on the first post of this thread, my guess building 1, 6 and 7 are your best options.

4. Dancegrl624

Dancegrl624 DIS Veteran

We just stayed in a garden view room in Building 5. It was perfect! We requested a top floor room and it was nice and quiet. Our room overlooked the courtyard where they have the nightly movies, but we never heard any noise. The movies started at 8:30 and they never went past 10pm. One night, my DD and DH went out there and my DD was in her pajamas! I suppose we could have watched from the railing outside our room too.

The other side of our building faced the pool and we were a very short walk from the food court and buses. We would cut through Building 4 and were at the buses in seconds.

5. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

The current special offers from WDW do not include POFQ in their list of hotels.

Why is that?

The up to 35% off room only nor the staty/play/dine note POFQ - Only POR is listed along with other moderates.

Why would this be?

Thanks,
    Sydnerella's Mama

6. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

1. It's a very popular resort even without discounts

2. It's a small resort.

3. When you combine 1 + 2 you end up with a pretty high occupancy rate at the best of times. Simply put, they don't have to discount this resort (often) in order to fill rooms.

7. ThinkTink09

ThinkTink09 Walt is my Homeboy

I noticed that as well, but was able to book the s/p/d for 3/1-3/8. Super excited...I love the FQ!

8. sunnyd_83

sunnyd_83 Earning My Ears

Hi,

We booked the s/p/d offer for this resort and I just checked on-line and it's still available for the offer (at least for my dates). I don't think the resort is all together excluded, perhaps some dates are sold out.????

9. sunnyd_83

sunnyd_83 Earning My Ears

Hi,

We booked the s/p/d offer for this resort and I just checked on-line and it's still available for the offer (at least for my dates). I don't think the resort is all together excluded, perhaps some dates are sold out.????

10. cdntink79

cdntink79 Earning My Ears

I have a question about meeting up with someone staying offsite. My family (me, DH, DS13, DD11, and Ds1) will be staying at POFQ in Feb 2013. We will be meeting up with my parents everyday to go to the parks together. They are staying offsite.
    1. Can they use our parking pass (we won't have a car) and park at the resort and use the buses with us?
    2. If DS1 gets tired my mom said she will take him back to the hotel room to rest so we can stay at the parks with the older kids. Can I just give her my room key? Will the hotel give us an extra room key if we ask?

Thanks

11. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

It isn't excluded from the S/P & Dine promo. It is the same exact price as POR Riverside.
    I just switched from a 20% AAA room only discount, to this package with 1 day park tickets, we have APs.

12. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Do they have any plans of setting up chairs for movie night? At some of the resorts we've stayed at they do. There's no way I could sit on the ground on a towel for the length of a movie :faint: ESP in January! Bad knee.

13. gabyta

gabyta Mouseketeer

104 days to go!!! Can't wait!! :)

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

15. sarmat1

sarmat1 Mouseketeer

No chairs, but there are benches around the perimeter of the courtyard that you could sit on.

16. krismusc313

krismusc313 Mouseketeer

We are in our way to airport. Can't wait to check in. Just got engaged yesterday :) looking forward to a great vacation!

17. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Your folks can use your parking pass if you don't have a car yourself - they can even drive you to parks and get free parking there too, which might be easier if they are going to bring DS1 back to the hotel for you (not such a good idea for the MK though, better to use the buses for that park).

You will be given room keys for everyone staying in the room if you ask for them, so just give one of the kids' keys to your mom, no problem at all.

Andre

18. gabyta

gabyta Mouseketeer

Wow congratulations! Have a great vacation!!

19. MJ6987

MJ6987 DIS Veteran

Going on Thursday for 2 weeks from the UK! What time, in general, would you suggest us to be at the Port Orleans FQ bus stop for (assuming 9am official opening*) and aiming to be among the first to hit a headliner ride? I was thinking 8am?

*I am hearing that the Parks, except MK, are opening unofficially 15-20 minutes early so would want to get there for that.

20. MJ6987

MJ6987 DIS Veteran

No milk as such, but I'm pretty sure that last time at POR I asked a CM about milk for mixing with the tea and they told me to get one of the little cartons about of the fridges. So, we did that the rest of the time (for tea, not to drink it as milk!).

21. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

I was able to boom s/p/d for FQ with no problem, although I read the RO discount was unavailable for FQ or it was only 5%.

This is a small resort with fabulous amenities (good bus service, the boat to DTD, pool hop option to POR) and I'm sure they have no problem booking it to its capacity with no discount at all.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.