Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're booked at the POFQ for January 6-12!!! :cool1: I originally booked the LM room at AoA, for my [then] 4yo daughter and I still hope to get there one day. But when the P/S/D packages came out, I saw the week in a moderate was actually cheaper than the week in the AoA LM room by $158. After waiting a few too many days, I called my agent to make the switch. We had to "settle" for a Garden View because the standard rooms were not available. That dropped my savings to about $28 but hey it's still cheaper than a value.

I'm sure I made the right decision! Figured since my husband is not a Disney fanatic :crazy2: he'd need a little "off" time at the hotel and this seemed just perfect for that. I'm super excited about the switch. Now to read all I can about the PORFQ. I've already requested a high floor, but now have to check out which buildings are the quietest since I'm a light sleeper.

Any tips for a newbie are certainly welcome! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Tina

We're booked at the POFQ for January 6-12!!! :cool1: I originally booked the LM room at AoA, for my [then] 4yo daughter and I still hope to get there one day. But when the P/S/D packages came out, I saw the week in a moderate was actually cheaper than the week in the AoA LM room by $158. After waiting a few too many days, I called my agent to make the switch. We had to "settle" for a Garden View because the standard rooms were not available. That dropped my savings to about $28 but hey it's still cheaper than a value.

I'm sure I made the right decision! Figured since my husband is not a Disney fanatic :crazy2: he'd need a little "off" time at the hotel and this seemed just perfect for that. I'm super excited about the switch. Now to read all I can about the PORFQ. I've already requested a high floor, but now have to check out which buildings are the quietest since I'm a light sleeper.

Any tips for a newbie are certainly welcome! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Tina
Building 4 is right next to the bus stop and closer to the food court. That's the one I requested. Take a look at the map on the first post of this thread, my guess building 1, 6 and 7 are your best options.

shecup said:

Tina

We just stayed in a garden view room in Building 5. It was perfect! We requested a top floor room and it was nice and quiet. Our room overlooked the courtyard where they have the nightly movies, but we never heard any noise. The movies started at 8:30 and they never went past 10pm. One night, my DD and DH went out there and my DD was in her pajamas! I suppose we could have watched from the railing outside our room too.

The other side of our building faced the pool and we were a very short walk from the food court and buses. We would cut through Building 4 and were at the buses in seconds.

The current special offers from WDW do not include POFQ in their list of hotels.

Why is that?

The up to 35% off room only nor the staty/play/dine note POFQ - Only POR is listed along with other moderates.

Why would this be?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

The current special offers from WDW do not include POFQ in their list of hotels.

Why is that?

The up to 35% off room only nor the staty/play/dine note POFQ - Only POR is listed along with other moderates.

Why would this be?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

1. It's a very popular resort even without discounts

2. It's a small resort.

3. When you combine 1 + 2 you end up with a pretty high occupancy rate at the best of times. Simply put, they don't have to discount this resort (often) in order to fill rooms.

Sydnerella said:

Why is that?

Why would this be?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

I noticed that as well, but was able to book the s/p/d for 3/1-3/8. Super excited...I love the FQ!

Why is that?

Why would this be?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

Hi,

We booked the s/p/d offer for this resort and I just checked on-line and it's still available for the offer (at least for my dates). I don't think the resort is all together excluded, perhaps some dates are sold out.????

Why is that?

Why would this be?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

Hi,

We booked the s/p/d offer for this resort and I just checked on-line and it's still available for the offer (at least for my dates). I don't think the resort is all together excluded, perhaps some dates are sold out.????

I have a question about meeting up with someone staying offsite. My family (me, DH, DS13, DD11, and Ds1) will be staying at POFQ in Feb 2013. We will be meeting up with my parents everyday to go to the parks together. They are staying offsite.
1. Can they use our parking pass (we won't have a car) and park at the resort and use the buses with us?
2. If DS1 gets tired my mom said she will take him back to the hotel room to rest so we can stay at the parks with the older kids. Can I just give her my room key? Will the hotel give us an extra room key if we ask?

Thanks

Why is that?

Why would this be?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

It isn't excluded from the S/P & Dine promo. It is the same exact price as POR Riverside.
I just switched from a 20% AAA room only discount, to this package with 1 day park tickets, we have APs.

Just turn up, they'll give you plenty of towels to sit on.

Andre

Do they have any plans of setting up chairs for movie night? At some of the resorts we've stayed at they do. There's no way I could sit on the ground on a towel for the length of a movie :faint: ESP in January! Bad knee.

Do they have any plans of setting up chairs for movie night? At some of the resorts we've stayed at they do. There's no way I could sit on the ground on a towel for the length of a movie :faint: ESP in January! Bad knee.

No chairs, but there are benches around the perimeter of the courtyard that you could sit on.

We are in our way to airport. Can't wait to check in. Just got engaged yesterday :) looking forward to a great vacation!

1. Can they use our parking pass (we won't have a car) and park at the resort and use the buses with us?
2. If DS1 gets tired my mom said she will take him back to the hotel room to rest so we can stay at the parks with the older kids. Can I just give her my room key? Will the hotel give us an extra room key if we ask?

Your folks can use your parking pass if you don't have a car yourself - they can even drive you to parks and get free parking there too, which might be easier if they are going to bring DS1 back to the hotel for you (not such a good idea for the MK though, better to use the buses for that park).

You will be given room keys for everyone staying in the room if you ask for them, so just give one of the kids' keys to your mom, no problem at all.

Andre

krismusc313 said:
We are in our way to airport. Can't wait to check in. Just got engaged yesterday :) looking forward to a great vacation!

Wow congratulations! Have a great vacation!!

Going on Thursday for 2 weeks from the UK! What time, in general, would you suggest us to be at the Port Orleans FQ bus stop for (assuming 9am official opening*) and aiming to be among the first to hit a headliner ride? I was thinking 8am?

*I am hearing that the Parks, except MK, are opening unofficially 15-20 minutes early so would want to get there for that.

No milk or orange/apple juice in the dispensers, but you can get Hi-C fruit punch and pomegranate lemonade. See http://www.portorleans.org/floatworks.php#Drinks

Andre

No milk as such, but I'm pretty sure that last time at POR I asked a CM about milk for mixing with the tea and they told me to get one of the little cartons about of the fridges. So, we did that the rest of the time (for tea, not to drink it as milk!).

Sydnerella said:

Why is that?

Why would this be?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

I was able to boom s/p/d for FQ with no problem, although I read the RO discount was unavailable for FQ or it was only 5%.

This is a small resort with fabulous amenities (good bus service, the boat to DTD, pool hop option to POR) and I'm sure they have no problem booking it to its capacity with no discount at all.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter