Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mommiesblessings2

Mommiesblessings2 Mouseketeer

My TA informed me to not count on PORFQ for FD that no rooms are available as they all went to the pin group.

Is this for real?:confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

I'm sad hoped for Elliot's return

4. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

No idea, we don't even know for sure whether there will be any extra free dining dates announced for this year at all, let alone the details.

POFQ, being a smaller and very popular resort, often doesn't get as many (or as deep) discounts as other resorts though. Remember that these sort of offers are PURELY to help Disney clear room inventory that is not currently selling well, it's nothing to do with them owing guests anything.

Andre

5. cwcooper810

cwcooper810 Mouseketeer

If you already have a room booked, would there be any problem to applying free dining to your ressie?

6. andrewilley

If an offer comes up for the same resort, sure you can do that. You might need to change room category though, as they will sometimes link offers to specific booking categories only.

Andre

7. mom2AidanAndEli

mom2AidanAndEli DIS Veteran

Any updates on the refrigerator situation? Anyone who's there now or just got back, did you have one in your room? Just haven't heard anything lately and wondering how the switch-out is going.

8. lilfish

lilfish Earning My Ears

One more movie question - do you need to bring a blanket to sit on? or can we use towels from the hotel?

Thanks! We're getting excited! :)::yes::

9. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update Andre!!

Carla

10. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

We used pool towels.

11. bas71873

bas71873 DIS Veteran

I have had a standard room booked at POFQ for quite some time. Got a PIN a month ago, maybe more now, and there was NOTHING at POFQ for me to change too. I could have gone to POR or another resort, but didn't want too....

12. andrewilley

They provide free pool-style towels for sitting on, and tend to discourage you taking room towels.

Andre

13. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

I don't know what's going to happen as far as the new (rumored yes, but I believe it will happen) FD offer for Fall goes, but I had a standard view room at POFQ booked before FD was offered for September and had no problem having FD applied to my reservation.

14. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

We are looking to stay here next June. How soon should we make reservations? Will June get booked up soon? Do we need to put money down when we reserve a room? We are still paying for this summer's DLR trip (the credit card bill hasn't come yet) and so I don't want to pay anything yet if we don't have to.

15. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Can't comment on the timing, but if you book a room-only reservation, you have to put down one night's rate as a deposit. If you book a package, you have to put down $200.

16. Mommiesblessings2

Mommiesblessings2 Mouseketeer

Right now I am at a value so maybe that's why she said that. I am staying positive about it!:worship:

17. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

Ok, thank you sounds like about $200 either way. I'd still love to know how quickly it fills up for June if anyone else knows.

18. lilfish

lilfish Earning My Ears

How late is the pool open at POFQ?? Is there a height limit on the slide???

Getting soooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!

Also - we have ADR at the POR Restaurant - is it good???

19. andrewilley

That depends on how many people book! But it is a summer month, so expect it to fill up more quickly than February would. Don't forget refunds for bookings made directly with Disney are fully refundable (up to 6 days before arrival for room-only, 45 days for packages).

The POFQ pool is open as late as people want to go swimming - but the slide and life guards stop at 10pm during peak months, and 8pm off-peak. No height limit on the slide, but it is strictly one person at a time - no adults sliding with their younger kids.

I like Boatwright's, and have enjoyed several meals there. The last one the wait time was pretty long, but that could have been a one-off as it was President's Week. Reviews do seem to be a bit variable though.

Andre

20. peel

peel DIS Veteran

I just had to share my excitement.....my mom and I have taken an annual mother/daughter trip for the last 10 years since my dad passed away. With the exception of one really tightly budgeted year where we went Value, we have stayed at POFQ for every trip. We absolutely love it there and don't ever want to try anywhere else. We had planned on skipping this year for financial reasons, but decided to throw caution to the wind and book for the end of September to get FD. By the time we made the decision, POFQ was all booked up for FD packages, so we went with the only available Moderate, Caribbean Beach. I tried to get psyched about it, but deep down I was pretty bummed. I read up on that resort, and while the grounds look beautiful, the double beds and the blah interiors were not ideal. Neither were the multiple bus stops. I checked POFQ availability multiple times a day for about 6 weeks and finally gave up. Then last week when the Fall/Winter FD rumors started, I thought I'd give it another shot because people might be changing their plans, and VOILA! POFQ availability for my original dates! I called immediately and basically said to the CM as soon as she started with her pleasantries, "OK, I know I'm being rude but please please go right to your reservations screen and secure the POFQ FD room I just pulled up online before it disappears!!!" Thankfully she completely understood my bluntness and we both cheered when she found an opening for me. I didn't quite realize how down I was about booking Caribbean Beach until I secured POFQ, but now I'm completely excited to go! :cool1:

21. SheenaXena21

SheenaXena21 DIS Veteran

:lmao: This happened to us last week! We had a FD pin, so I couldn't just look at what's open for whatever resort. I had to book CBR too. I called 4 times, and they had a garden view at POFQ. I said BOOK IT!!! :cool1:

So glad you got a room there too!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.