Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmi3804

gmi3804 DIS Veteran

Are there corner rooms (i.e., two windows) at POFQ? Look like on portorleans.org that most of these are King Bed rooms. Do I need to book King category to ensure a corner?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

I agree 100%! :sad2: I was hoping he would return after the lobby rehab was completed. Guess not. It will be interesting to see if new entertainment is coming to POFQ or if Elliot's dismissal was another overall budget cut by Disney.

4. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Yes. They are, well, on the corners. :)

All of the King Bed rooms at POFQ are located on corners (so yes, booking King Bed will guarantee that you get a corner room) but there are lots of other corner rooms in various other categories, with two queen beds.

It's my understanding that there will still be evening entertainment at POFQ in the future, but sadly it's unlikely that Elliot will be returning.

Andre

5. Goofy127

Goofy127 Earning My Ears

How do I find the fax number for the resort? Thanks for the info

6. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

To me, there is a major difference between values and mods, and that is one of "ambiance" for lack of a better word. The neon and oversized icons at the values seem to keep a hyped up, go-go-go mood, keeping the same energy as at the parks. The mods (at least POR and CSR, as this will be my first POFQ stay) feel more resort-like to me, more calm and peaceful. I step off a bus at a mod and immediately feel relaxed. Even though the place may be just a place to sleep, I find that the feeling of the resorts make it easier to get a truly restful sleep.

I'm not sure that's worth $800, though!

7. songkat

songkat Mouseketeer

I did those same numbers (hotel plus park tickets with park hopper) and came up with a difference of about $556. Although, I was checking for dates in late January, not summer, so maybe that's the difference.

8. donnaf516

donnaf516 DIS Veteran

I know that I saw a link somewhere in this thread for the room category resort layout. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

9. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran

Was it this?

http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-accommodation.php

This is from Andre's awesome PortOrleans.org site. Just click on a building on the map and it gives all the details for that bldg.

10. donnaf516

donnaf516 DIS Veteran

Thanks, but no this isn't it. I thought I remember seeing the resort layout that showed what category of rooms were in each building. Maybe I was dreaming...

11. andrewilley

Did you notice the title of this thread before you posted? The bit where it says "Read first posts for FAQs" ? ;)

Andre

12. andrewilley

Well if you can point me to better maps, I'd love to find them - and it would have saved me a lot of work too! LOL. Did you do as suggested above and click on each of the buildings to see the full floorplan layouts? If you want to download them all in one go, there's a PDF version too.

Andre

13. donnaf516

donnaf516 DIS Veteran

I guess I should have read the entire message first! This is exactly what I was looking for. I missed the part about clicking on the building...:confused3

14. andrewilley

Great, glad you found them. I toyed with the idea of including them directly in pages, but to keep the numbers relatively clear the images can be pretty big (especially for FQ and MB) so it seemed better to have them load on demand.

Andre

15. SheenaXena21

SheenaXena21 DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!!! I just got POFQ Garden View for my trip. I was originally at POR Royal Themed room, but we had to change the date. Since we had the FD pin code, there was only CBR and CSR. I chose CBR. This was the 4th time I've called to see if there were any rooms open for PO, and there was! I felt like I had won the lottery!

I've stayed at FQ once, 5 years ago. My DSis hasn't, so I'm really excited to see her reaction.

16. MickeyEars

MickeyEars DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!! I love stories like this. :thumbsup2

We're staying at French Quarter for the 1st time after 4 stays at Riverside so we are very excited!! Now if we can get a discount I'll be even more excited.

Enjoy your trip!! :goodvibes

Carla

17. lilfish

lilfish Earning My Ears

We're staying at the French Quarter in 3 weeks!!! We have never stayed in Disney - and we can't wait! :)

I am trying to read all the posts to learn what I can before we go.

I had a few questions -

Is the outdoor movie every night? Does anyone know the time of the movie?

Is the campfire every nite also? What time is that? and how much are the s'more kits? Are they disney themed kits? or just plain?

Thanks so much!!!!!!

18. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Go back to page 170, post 2543. That is the July schedule and it will give you a very good idea of what to expect in three weeks (I assume you will be going in August). Andre will post the August info a few days before the first of the month (well, at least that is what he usually does).

Have a wonderful trip!

19. lilfish

lilfish Earning My Ears

Thank you!!!! That was very helpful! :) I am trying to read through all the posts!!!

20. sunset7132

sunset7132 DIS Veteran

As far as every time we went the campfire is every night at bldg 5 and movie is every night weather permitting

21. andrewilley

Now that the lobby refurbishment at Port Orleans French Quarter is complete, entertainment offerings at Scat Cat’s Lounge will resume on Friday, July 19.

Musician Tom Casey will join Scat Cat’s Lounge, performing a dynamic blend of piano and jazz vocals. Tom has previously performed at a variety of venues across the Walt Disney World Resort, including providing vacation cover for French Quarter's previous resident musician, Elliot Dyson.

Performances will take place Friday through Monday at 8:30pm, 9:30pm and 10:30pm. There are no performances scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Andre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.