Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going through a backlog of photos that I'd got on my hard drive and putting them to the site. 100 or so new FQ images now uploaded this morning.

Andre

Pictures are fantastic, question how often do they do the fire pit with the toasting marshmallows, my kids would love this.

Pictures are fantastic, question how often do they do the fire pit with the toasting marshmallows, my kids would love this.

Every night, all year round. Times vary a bit seasonally (see the monthly recreation schedules for details).

POFQ-Grounds-2013-0860_small.jpg

Andre

Beautiful pictures Andre, thanks so much for sharing them with us. I'm so excited to be staying here for the first time next trip.
Andre if it isn't too much trouble can you please tell me what building is shown in picture #50? I'm assuming that is the food court next door to it.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Carla

Andre if it isn't too much trouble can you please tell me what building is shown in picture #50? I'm assuming that is the food court next door to it.

Yes, I took that photo to show just how close you can actually be to the food court door at French Quarter - literally 20 yards. It's building 4, and the first corner room you can see on the ground floor there is 4127.

POFQ-Grounds-2013-0578_forum.jpg

Andre

Sorry Andre I forgot to ask...

Does the walkway in the picture continue out front to the bus stop?

Thanks!

Carla

I do not know how accurate this is but a CM told me that POFQ would have all new by mid-sept. Again, who knows - could be earlier or later but that is what I was told. :confused3 :)

I'm hearing that the first supplies of new fridges have started to arrive, and that swap-outs are occurring already. I still don't know how long it will take to complete, but it's encouraging news nonetheless.

Andre

I have a question- right now we are booked for a garden room. Trying to figure out buildings if anyone can help. As ur coming out of ole port royale and walking towards the pool- looking at the pool the buildings that are in the right and left of the pool- I'd like to request on of those buildings facing the pool- anyone know what buildings they are and what category they fall into? Would it be pool view? I know we want ground floor and reading it said pool view was a top floor.

I'm hearing that the first supplies of new fridges have started to arrive, and that swap-outs are occurring already. I still don't know how long it will take to complete, but it's encouraging news nonetheless.

Andre

Thanks for the update!

I have a question- right now we are booked for a garden room. Trying to figure out buildings if anyone can help. As ur coming out of ole port royale and walking towards the pool- looking at the pool the buildings that are in the right and left of the pool- I'd like to request on of those buildings facing the pool- anyone know what buildings they are and what category they fall into? Would it be pool view? I know we want ground floor and reading it said pool view was a top floor.

Buildings 2 & 5 face the pool. All the buildings have garden view rooms I believe. We had a garden view in #3 that was close to the pool and food court. We have been in every building except for 1 & 7 and they were all close to everything even the riverview ones.
Andre's website has the map of the buildings

Old Port Royale is at CBR. If you go to http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php you can see a map where you can click on each building and see which category each room is.

Buildings 2 and 5 face the pool. Many of the rooms in that area are garden view, but the ones which have a direct outlook onto the pool are Pool View (not the ground-floor rooms, as they have a slightly obstructed view, but in my opinion are a great choice anyway as access is so easy from them). Click on those two buildings on the map at www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php for the full floorplan and room category info. Here's an evening view from beside one of the top floor rooms:

POFQ-Doubloon-2011-3418_forum.jpg

Does any one no if Arnie the doorman is still there? He always brightened our days.

Yes, Arniel is still there.

Andre

I am looking forward to staying here. We arrive in 10 days. Is it possible to ask for extra towels in our room each day? Also, do they provide pool towels? How is the food in the food court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter