Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundry shocker last night. My bf went to take care of our accumulated clothes and he says the machines ONLY take credit cards now. No quarters, period. He is extremely upset about this (he rarely uses plastic at all, even pays cash for gas 99% of the time) and is planning to talk to GS about it.

Laundry shocker last night. My bf went to take care of our accumulated clothes and he says the machines ONLY take credit cards now. No quarters, period. He is extremely upset about this (he rarely uses plastic at all, even pays cash for gas 99% of the time) and is planning to talk to GS about it.

Almost all resorts have changed to this b/c most ppl today don't carry cash.. I'm not sure what GS will be able to do?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

Laundry shocker last night. My bf went to take care of our accumulated clothes and he says the machines ONLY take credit cards now. No quarters, period.

I don't like the sound of this!! We do not have any credit cards, we use a debit card attached to an account we have seperately from our working account and use that when we are on holiday as we prefer to spend our own money rather than getting into any form of lending. It isn't a problem usually but we have found for smaller things sometimes it is only a credit card that is accepted. I will have to call and find out what cards they take. Thank you for the information and I hope you are having a great time!!! :goodvibes

I read somewhere this was to reduce the need for change and to prevent having machines full of money waiting to be stolen.

Does anyone know if a room key would work?

Another thought: Ask at the desk if there is someway to do clothes if you don't have a credit card.

We did not make any requests...are traveling with two other families and the first family arrived two nights earlier and asked if we could be close together..we all paid for standard rooms and we are all in building five all garden view...three rooms in a row starting with us in a corner king that is right by the stairs to go down to the lobby...what a perfect location!!

Disney have always said that requests are NOT GUARANTEED - so there's nothing to be "nervous" about, just remember that you may (or may not) get your request granted and then just enjoy whatever you happen to get.

It does emphasise my point that you should say WHAT you want from a particular location, rather than just giving a building number, so they might be able to find you something similar to match your wishes if they can't get a very specific location for you.

But really, POFQ is so small that location requests (other than for medical reasons) are almost not needed anyway.

Andre

Oh, I know. I've stayed on site multiple times, but for the most part, I've gotten very lucky and received at least part of my requests met. At CBR, I've always requested Bldg. 26 Martinique, corner room, 2nd floor and gotten extremely lucky. Knowing that I was hoping for mostly the same at POFQ. Only stayed there once and got requests met, and at POR and got them met there as well.

It was really just an out loud thought on the thread.

Your requests vs. what you got has me a bit nervous about my requests. I asked for Bldg. 4, corner room, close to bus, and anything above first floor. Fingers crossed.

I visited during a very busy week last Nov (Food & wine half marathon), and we got our request to be in bldg 4, near the transportation. They gave me the 2nd floor and corner room, even though I didn't request it. I only put my request in by phone through the regular reservation line once (no faxing, etc) and POFQ definitely read my request and granted it. I think it just depends on all those other factors that are beyond your control...how busy the resort is, available rooms in the room type you paid for, availability when you check in, etc. Since this was our first time to POFQ, we walked around the resort, and everything is very close together nothing is too far away and it's easy to get around. So try not to worry too much :)

We are staying at POFQ in September and are so excited to try this resort out!

My question is, we will be going to Universal Studios for a day while we are there, are there taxis close by to take to the park? Has anyone taken one to Universal before and can give me a ballpark figure on how much it cost?

Thanks SO much! :banana:

My question is, we will be going to Universal Studios for a day while we are there, are there taxis close by to take to the park? Has anyone taken one to Universal before and can give me a ballpark figure on how much it cost?

There always seemed to be a couple of taxis across from the bus depot waiting in the parking lot every morning on our last 3 trips. I also saw on 2 mornings on our last trip Mears buses picking up people with Universal Studio on the front display. You might want to check out Mears website to see if they have scheduled pick ups at Disney to go to Universal. Worst case would be to get bell services /concierge to call a taxi for you.No idea on price but I would expect at least $20.00 before tip each way.

midgetpepper said:

Thanks SO much!

We were recently there and a family told us they paid $35 each way. Well worth it i would think as we went to international drive by bus and with all the waiting around at bus stops and bus changes it took 3 hours to get there, never again!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

midgetpepper said:

Mears taxi calculator estimate is $39.00 each way, plus tip

We checked in this morning and all I can say is Wow!!! We had done online check in and had requested 2nd floor, close to transportation, building 5 if possible and really wanted a room ready because of an early flight. We were the only ones at early check in and the kind CM asked if building 5 was a must and I said no as long as there was a room available. She was on the phone for a good 4-5 min. Well we got 2nd floor, building 2 and were upgraded to river view even though we had paid for garden view. We love it. The food court well that's another story. We will not be eating there again. Having an awesome first day!

We checked in this morning and all I can say is Wow!!! We had done online check in and had requested 2nd floor, close to transportation, building 5 if possible and really wanted a room ready because of an early flight. We were the only ones at early check in and the kind CM asked if building 5 was a must and I said no as long as there was a room available. She was on the phone for a good 4-5 min. Well we got 2nd floor, building 2 and were upgraded to river view even though we had paid for garden view. We love it. The food court well that's another story. We will not be eating there again. Having an awesome first day!

What's wrong with the food court?

What's wrong with the food court?

We were just there middle of May, spent a lot of time in the food court.... Decent food, fast service, we paid OOP, always found a seat, decent selections.... So what's the beef?

It was our second stay there and both trips were perfect, from CM's, food, pool, housekeeping and buses!!

The change-over occurred during our stay in April. I posted pics here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48301836&postcount=2089

Hi everyone :wave. I will be staying at POFQ for the first time in 6 days. My question to you guys is are the rooms really as dark as the seem in the pictures, or do they look better when seen in person. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter