Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

Well I'm heading back home, I've been in NOLA for my nephew's basketball tournament. Had some beignets in the French Quarter and my mom is really looking forward to trying some at POFQ. Architecture made me "homesick" for POFQ. I've got two more large trips planned before I get there but I keep finding myself going back over my WDW plans instead of finalizing the stuff I need for Seattle/Alaska and Chicago.

Hope everyone has a blast now that summer is here. I can't wait.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

I know the deluxes have a few and it's a first come basis. I don't know about moderates.

4. mom2taylorandemily

mom2taylorandemily Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..

We are getting so excited!! With school winding down for me teaching and the girls with AP Exams and finals, we forgot we hit the double digit dance a week or so ago. Yay!!!! We are on the down swing, not too close yet, but getting there!!!!!:banana:

5. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Yeah, the same. They do have a very limited quantity of microwaves which can be requested by guests (if available).

Andre

6. talmarsh

talmarsh Earning My Ears

I've finally finalized a booking for my special girl and I for 8 nights Aug 31 @POFQ with FD!! :cool1:

Next thing on my list is room requests (we got the standard room):
    I gather that bldg 4 is best location wise (i.e. BUS stop :crowded: , and maybe mug station?, least noisy area?).

How can I make such requests?
    AND is there anything else that's good to ask for?

Thank you! all this thread and this entire forum are awesome :worship:

7. RobertLC

RobertLC Mouseketeer

Arrived back at home about 2.5 hours ago. We liked POFQ, it felt like home (we live 1 hours away from New Orleans), and we'll be staying here on our next visit next year.

8. skriegerjr

skriegerjr Monorail Maven

Try requesting building 5 facing the grass square...close to pool, close to bus stop, quiet, I think you'll love it! We've requested it upon check in and received it.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

9. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

What number does one call to see if they have a PIN? Reservations? Will they give me a code so I may apply to the Travel Agent resize we currently have?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes.

Yes, if you have one attached to your name.

11. andrewilley

The June 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF versions, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 9pm and the daily campfires commence at 7pm this month.

[​IMG]

Andre

12. andrewilley

The location ideas bit has been covered by other folks, but to see the best way to do it please check out the FAQ in the first post or see www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Andre

13. Sydnerella

Sydnerella enough is as good as a feast

Thanks I called and alas, no pin connected to my name,:( Owell

CM is sending a DVD which " may" trigger a pin. And I priced a trip while logged in with hopes that would help... Though I have never got a pin and priced several trips and ordered several DVDs....

Wish us well!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Good luck! We had never gotten a pin before until we asked for a planning DVD and priced out trips etc. Since then we've gotten 4 of them and have been able to use 2 of them. So you're on the right path.:thumbsup2

15. Hootch

Hootch DIS Veteran

second this. We had a corner room on the second floor of Bldg 5 two trips ago. You are close to the pool, the food court, the bus stops and the parking lot.

We leave in a little over two weeks and requested Bldg 5 near the front desk when I made our ressie.

16. rccllap

rccllap Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

Two weeks from this afternoon we'll start driving down, and then two weeks from TOMORROW we check into our king bed room at FQ!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm almost completely unable to think about anything else right now. Work...? What's that??? tee hee :rotfl2:

The reservations agent was so kind, she did tell me that there are renovations going on right now and was I sure I wanted that resort, and of course I said YES I know about the refurb and I'm okay with it :)

I'll make sure to take lots of pics of the project and post them.

17. Goofy127

Goofy127 Earning My Ears

When can you make requests? We are going first week of august and booked a standard room. Can you make the request when you do check in ahead of time?

18. andrewilley

Yes, best to make your initial requests straight away to be honest, and have them added to your central reservation. Additional faxed requests are best about 3-5 days before you arrive.

Andre

19. Goofy127

Goofy127 Earning My Ears

What is the best area I should request?

20. Collin WK

Collin WK Mouseketeer

you want areas 2 or 5 .... we stayed in 2 last time and loved it ... your right next to the pool and boat dock, but it is very quiet at night and is a short 2 minute walk or less to the bus stop or lobby .... it was great

21. OThopeful35

OThopeful35 DIS Veteran

Paid our trip off today, we are down to 62 days!! I cannot wait to be back "home" at POFQ:cool1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.