Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllyC

AllyC Earning My Ears

I have researched for weeks on here which would be the best room for me to request. I will be a single mum travelling in oct for two weeks with a 14 and 9 yr old.
    I have asked for building 4 corner room on the third floor! I went for the top as I thought it may be quieter. I realise they cannot always do requests but I was told there would be a good chance. It was after reading how close it was to buses and to the food court I choose 4. :)

Any other tips I would be grateful as this is my first USA trip ! Do people pack pool towels or can you get them at the resort?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Sounds like a great location to ask for; maybe tell them WHY you are asking for it though, so in case they can't get you building 4 they know what criteria you've got to help find another room.

Pool towels are provided free, so no need to pack any. Leave plenty of space in your bags for bringing shopping back!

Andre

4. AllyC

AllyC Earning My Ears

Thanks Andre! I said it was as I was a single parent it would make trips to the drinks station quicker.
    That's good news about the towels:) I am planning on having a shopping day if we can get to the mall as I am not driving. So we will need plenty spare room in the suitcases!
    So excited now less than five months to go! :banana:

5. edinburghlass

edinburghlass DIS Veteran

I took that photo a week ago, no noise from any direction really. To be honest when we were in the room we were usually so tired we would have slept through anything. :hyper:

6. edinburghlass

edinburghlass DIS Veteran

He was very proud the Neil part of his name was Scottish.

I had a similar conversation with him one day about people rush, rush, rushing!

7. Green-bay

Green-bay Mouseketeer

Going in December and wondering if others have taken the airport shuttle to and from vacation. Not so worried about getting there on the airport shuttle but has anyone taken it back to the airport and how much time to you allow for that? Our flight takes off early (8:00) so I am hoping that maybe not many people will be leaving at 5:30 or 6:00 to get to the airport in time? Any suggestions or can anyone tell me what they did? :confused3 THANKS!

8. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

ME picks you up about 3 hours before your flight time. You don't get a choice, that's just what they do.

9. pooch

pooch Still feeling special!!

I think DD and I had this exact view when we went in 2008!! Really was very convenient.

10. Green-bay

Green-bay Mouseketeer

Thanks for your help - 3 hours should be plenty of time to get to the airport!

11. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Isn't that garden one of the DSA? We would cut through on our way to the bus stop. It's a lovely area. Usually wasn't anyone there.

12. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Our past couple of WDW trips at different resorts, a wash cloth has been folded with the soap on top in lieu of a soap dish, and I've just used it. Works great. I never would have thought of it.

13. pooch

pooch Still feeling special!!

Building 2, high floor, quiet room? We are booked with a Garden View.

14. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

Should be quiet . You should be overlooking the courtyard that parts of buildings 1 & 3 also face.
    We stayed in that building on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and even that wasn't too noisy.

15. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

That's exactly what I started doing our last trip, don't know why it took me so long to figure that out. :scratchin

16. RobertLC

RobertLC Mouseketeer

Yeah. I was surprised.

I was also distracted by the time, exhaustion and jackhammers that I forgot to request a building. Got put on third floor of building 7. I know this resort is small, but it's still a walk to the bus stop and drink filling station.

17. RobertLC

RobertLC Mouseketeer

Yes, you can.

18. RobertLC

RobertLC Mouseketeer

One thing of note: life jackets for little kids to use in the pool are now kept in the gift shop. You have to go in there, give them info and sign it out. You can keep it until you leave as they sometimes run out, so you know you will have one for your kid.

19. Ambersgram

Ambersgram Earning My Ears

Thank you for this thread. We will be staying at the POFQ 8/21-8/31 2013.

20. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

21. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Requesting a microwave for your room is this possible? I read it over at another board and it peaked my interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.