Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please tell me how late the boats run to Downtown Disney and then back again?
We have two DTD dinner ADRs, one at 7:30 and another at 8pm. Just want to make sure we can get back via boat, it sounds so relaxing ;-)

Also, do the boats make drop offs/ pick ups at both of the DTD docks, or just one ?

Thankyou.

Paid our balance today...we don't go until sept but it will fly by with summer fun starting up next week with the kids finishing school!!

Following this thread...just got back from the Dolphin, did AKL in 2011 and already planning our trip for June 2014. I am thinking we may try one of the POR resorts this time :)

I loved AKL but really hated the bus service, wondering if I am going to have the same issues at PORFQ? We will have our car as we normally drive, so we can drive to the parks if we need to. I just like being dropped off in front of MK and wondering how long the bus ride is? Are the busses shared between resorts? Standing room only in June?

Thanks!
Meredith

Could someone please tell me how late the boats run to Downtown Disney and then back again?
We have two DTD dinner ADRs, one at 7:30 and another at 8pm. Just want to make sure we can get back via boat, it sounds so relaxing ;-)

Also, do the boats make drop offs/ pick ups at both of the DTD docks, or just one ?

Thankyou.

The boat stops around 11:00. They will make an announcement on the boat from POFQ/POR regarding when to be back for the last boat. (buses run later and they'll give you that info)
The boat to/from DTD to POFQ has only 1 stop in DTD by Rainforest.

Thankyou.
I know for a fact the last boat leaving DTD to POFQ and POR is at 11PM because I made plenty of trips on that boat on my last visit. So probably the last boat heading that way is at 10:30PM? I'm not sure as I always used the boats around 9PM but never later than that.

Following this thread...just got back from the Dolphin, did AKL in 2011 and already planning our trip for June 2014. I am thinking we may try one of the POR resorts this time :)

I loved AKL but really hated the bus service, wondering if I am going to have the same issues at PORFQ? We will have our car as we normally drive, so we can drive to the parks if we need to. I just like being dropped off in front of MK and wondering how long the bus ride is? Are the busses shared between resorts? Standing room only in June?

Thanks!
Meredith

Last 2trips for us has been at POFQ... Buses stopped here first one day only before going on to POR 4 or 5 stops.... After that first day, rest of trip we didn't share buses anymore...

I looked at the time buses took, never longer than 20 minutes to any park, most less but none more... We were very pleased with the transportation ( though we had our car in the lot and never touched it)..... Boat was great to DTD for many a trip especially evening jaunts...

We wandered over to POR, way too huge to our liking, easily seen by the 4+ bus stop within... POFQ, very compact, easy to get all around..

The boat stops around 11:00. They will make an announcement on the boat from POFQ/POR regarding when to be back for the last boat. (buses run later and they'll give you that info)
The boat to/from DTD to POFQ has only 1 stop in DTD by Rainforest.

the stop is by the RFC. There is a boat running to the West Side from the Marketplace just across the dock from where you are dropped off. Of course you need to leave the West Side of DTD well before 11 PM.

My experience with buses from DTD has been less than acceptable. I would cab it, which may be a little difficult depending on the time, or take the boat.

Hi all,
Great thread!

Just reading back a few posts to those who have booked a standard room- other posters advised buildings 2 or 5 but I read somewhere that there aren't standard rooms in those buildings....

Am I getting confused? We have a standard room (I wanted at least garden but our uk TA didn't have any on their bookings) and want to request somewhere more peaceful (DD4 and I are very light sleepers, DH sleeps like a log!). Where is best to request? We are travelling Christmas week so I know requests will be hard to fill- should I just ask for quiet location and see what I get? Any advice appreciated!

Am I getting confused? We have a standard room (I wanted at least garden but our uk TA didn't have any on their bookings) and want to request somewhere more peaceful (DD4 and I are very light sleepers, DH sleeps like a log!). Where is best to request?

If you want a quieter Standard location, you'll probably find yourself in buildings 1 or 7. These are further out from the main central area, so are not as often requested so your chances of getting them are probably quite good. Don't worry too much about walking distances though, even the furthest rooms at POFQ are really not very far from anything.

I'd suggest simply requesting "a quiet location with a pleasant view" and see what they can find for you.

Andre

69 more days 'til we go back to POFQ. I love the resort! Last time we were there, we were in building 4. Even though it was Thanksgiving week, we didn't have any issues with noise level.

Good Morning!

I have a question regarding adding an adult to the room at check in. My friend will be joining us for part of our trip and doesn't need to be on our package (tickets and dining), I know that I can add her at check in but my question is can I just add her when I check in? I arrive before her and I would like to avoid having to check in twice. I would just add her now but then she needs to be added to the package which is a waste of money.

There are only two in our party so room occupancy limits do not apply. Can an extra adult fee be paid during check in?

There are only two in our party so room occupancy limits do not apply. Can an extra adult fee be paid during check in?

I'm sure they'll work something out for you. As you say, officially any extra pre-booked guests need to be on the same package/plans. I'd just play it by ear when you get there, and ask them what you would need to do if an extra adult might be joining you for just a couple of nights of your stay, but does not need park admission/etc.

Maybe I wouldn't mention anything about paying the third-adult charge if they don't refer to it, as it might be more hassle for them to charge it than to just let it go for a few days? I would certainly ask the question though, as there could be legal, insurance, etc repercussions which need to be considered.

Andre

Nurse_Mommy4 said:
Good Morning!

I have a question regarding adding an adult to the room at check in. My friend will be joining us for part of our trip and doesn't need to be on our package (tickets and dining), I know that I can add her at check in but my question is can I just add her when I check in? I arrive before her and I would like to avoid having to check in twice. I would just add her now but then she needs to be added to the package which is a waste of money.

I joined my family mid-trip at POFQ and it was no problem at all - my mom added me at check-in and they weren't charged any extra adult fees. I just quoted their room number at MCO to get on the Magical Express and then when I got to the resort the front desk printed me a KTTW. Super easy!

my brother and I one year. I asked when we checked in & was told to just stop by when she gets there. CM looked at my 25 yr old daughter and said "doesn't look at minute over 17 to me!!" and did not charge for a 3rd adult in the room, just gave her a room key. We then bought her a 3 day pass and she upgraded it to a Fl Res annual pass using her internship contract again thanks to a helpful CM, actually that one was a manager.

Gotta love pixie dust!!

Okay, I am studying a map of POFQ and have a few questions for you.

We have booked a king room.
One of the most important things for us is being close to the bus stop.
Another is having a lower floor room ground or 2nd, as I have knee issues that stairs irritate.

I know my request should probably be one or other though.

Is the resort really as small in size as everyone says, so that walking to the bus stop, or boat dock is truly not an issue? What would you say are the walking times from point A to point B ?

Also....what about walk time over to POR for a dinner at Boatwrights?

I'm not sure about walking to POR, but in terms of getting to the bus stop, food court, boat dock etc, I'd say 5mins max regardless of where your room is. It really is a small resort - I had no problem running back and forth between the room and the food court/shops and I'm one of those people that usually hates trekking between the two to refill my soda mug and such.

Is the resort really as small in size as everyone says, so that walking to the bus stop, or boat dock is truly not an issue? What would you say are the walking times from point A to point B ?

You can mention both of your requests, but make sure to prioritise which is the more important to you in case it comes down to one or the other.

The maximum distance from the very furthest part of POFQ to the food court is 350 yards (4 mins walk), and most rooms are a lot closer. There's a map in the first post overlaid onto the MK, and from one end of POFQ all the way to the other is only the same as walking from Space Mountain to the entrance to Adventureland. The walk from the POFQ food court over to Boatwright's is less than 850 yards (about 10 minutes).

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter