• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
MeMom said:
It's always a pleasure to make someone laugh or smile. This old world can wear on us day in and day out. A laugh, a smile, and a little Disney magic make things better. :thumbsup2

I have pictures, and I apologize if there are too many, but I don't know up from down about liquor, so I got them all.

This is the cooler in the snack section in the food court.

These are from the cabinet by the counter in the gift shop. They did not show prices.

Hope this helps! :)

P.S. I think it's a good thing I don't drink. I couldn't afford it! ;)

Thanks so much hope your having a wonderful vacation!!!

I check in on Thursday. I used the pass holder discount and was thinking of adding a night now. There is no way I can get the discount price is there? It has now expired. I planned on asking when I got there. Wanted to know what you guys thought.

Got in yesterday afternoon. Had done online check-in, and had requested ground floor 50's...and got both requests! In building 2 and super close to the parking lot (we rented a car and I was hoping to be close to parking). They assigned us the perfect room! It's quiet and a nice garden view. Adjusting to the room size, as we usually stay at the Poly - but knew exactly what to expect following this thread and we are all settled in. The room is very clean, and we have our Mickey Mouse streamers in the window. Off to MK, but wanted to drop in real quick. To the other Poppers who are here now...have a magical day! :) :)

:woohoo: Happy you got your requests!! Have a fun stay! :cool1:

It's always a pleasure to make someone laugh or smile. This old world can wear on us day in and day out. A laugh, a smile, and a little Disney magic make things better. :thumbsup2

I have pictures, and I apologize if there are too many, but I don't know up from down about liquor, so I got them all.

This is the cooler in the snack section in the food court.

P.S. I think it's a good thing I don't drink. I couldn't afford it! ;)

Thanks MeMom for all great pictures!! And you were not tempted, right?? :teeth: I feel better ... whew!! :goodvibes

I usually like an ice cold beer or a margarita when I feel like having a drink but I have not had a mudslide in years and those in the fridge above look VERY inviting!!!:thumbsup2

Agree!! A cold one sounds good about now. :goodvibes

It's almost here! 2 weeks from today I'll be checking in at the POP for the first time :)

:yay: First time POPers!! Enjoy!

Me too!!! :goodvibes

Well..not the for the first time..but hey...lol

:cool1: It always feels like the first time, right??? :goodvibes

So how long has there been beer, wine and liquor at Pop? As far as I know it's been there since the very first time I went there back in 2006. I was talking about it the other day and DH looks at me, "They have beer and liquor at Pop?". :rolleyes: He was with me for all 3 of our stays at Pop. :)

Thank you MeMom for the pictures!:thumbsup2

Men ....geesh ... :teeth:

I check in on Thursday. I used the pass holder discount and was thinking of adding a night now. There is no way I can get the discount price is there? It has now expired. I planned on asking when I got there. Wanted to know what you guys thought.

Advise you to call now to see if you can add on to your room reservation. I know from our experience that I've added on to my package reservation even after the code is expired ... Disney has allowed me to if rooms are still available under the promotion.

It would think it should work the same way with a passholder rate ... if rooms are still available ... try and let us know!! :goodvibes

My kids would enjoy having critters in our room! (Notice I said the kids!;)) Looking forward to another MeMom and family trip report!

Thanks again, Janet, for all of the information on this thread. I find myself going back again and again when I have a question. DH has been browsing with me (occasionally) and sends his thanks as well.

Agree with looking forward to MeMom's report. :thumbsup2

And thanks for your "thanks" :goodvibes .... this thread has such nice support from DISers ... from providing info to sharing in each other's excitement. :) It's such a plus and makes it fun to keep up the thread. :hippie:

Does anyone know when they might release the Halloween activities scheduled at Pop? I know they've had trick or treating and other activities the past few years. Thanks!

Hmm... no idea, never been to POP in October close to Halloween ....

here's a shout out to all the Popers going soon ... including any there now ... MeMom or Erin (who got there yesterday :yay: perhaps can help out ... :flower3:

Does anyone know when they might release the Halloween activities scheduled at Pop? I know they've had trick or treating and other activities the past few years. Thanks!

Hmm... no idea, never been to POP in October close to Halloween ....

here's a shout out to all the Popers going soon ... including any there now ... MeMom or Erin (who got there yesterday :yay: perhaps can help out ... :flower3:

I'm due to arrive on the 31st so I had inquired about this and since we won't get there until later... I figured I wouldn't want to go to a park that late and DTD might be a zoo with the locals... so here is what I was able to find out...
This is last year's schedule. I would think this year's would be similar but at least this could be a starting point??

POP Century Halloween Activities
Candy Apples
Trinkets
Trick or Treat bag decorating
Popcorn Hands
Coloring
Temporary Tattoos
Cookie Decorating
Lollipop Ghosts
Face painting (extra cost)
DJ 4:30-8:30pm
Haunted Maze dusk-9pm
Halloween Goofy 5:30-8pm
Costume Parade 7:45pm (kids walk around the pool area)
Trick or Treating 8-9pm
Ghost Stories 9-10pm

Just back from our adults only trip to CSR and one night at AKL. They were both beautiful resorts but my partner and i agree that we prefer Pop for many reasons, cost not being the only one.

That said, we booked a bounceback offer for next August 19-29 to take the kids back to Pop! :cool1:

If only we could do something about the temperature and humidity that time of year it would be perfect. ;)

Looking forward to heading back but not the long countdown. We are debating when to tell the kids. We may just tell them we are going somewhere next summer but not exactly when or where. Not sure yet but will for sure wait until May or June at the earliest to tell them we are going anywhere and only then so they have a chance to save some spending $

Where did you get ressies.....I still can not get anything I want for 11/1-11-6???

I'm not sure why everything is still so available for when we go, I'm looking right now and there are even 4 Le Cellier times available on the Thursday night! (good times, 5:30/6:30) We didn't go for any of the very popular character dinings or anything, but there still seems to be lots available for then.

Does anyone know (silly question-I know someone does) if there is a grace period when you can book a bounce back offer after you check out? I was unfaithful to POP for my honeymoon and went to CSR... Never again... I was definitely disappointed by CSR and missed my beloved POP!

Where did you get ressies.....I still can not get anything I want for 11/1-11-6???

Just a suggestion, but when you go online like you are going to make dinin reservations, don't put the name of a specific restaurant in. Instead, just put the date you want and then click dinner or lunch. The entire list of restaurants that are available for that meal, that day will pop up with the times available. My husband and I decided to add the DDP to our reservation a couple of weeks ago and to move over to Universal for a couple of days, so had to cancel some ADRs and rebook others. We'll be down there Oct 27th-Nov 4th and I was able to get everything I wanted switched around, by just plugging in the dates and meal (and not requesting a specific restaurant for a specific day). I saw several Chef Mickey ADRs, one for Ohana, several for Boma, Cape May, and Jiko, as well as some later ones or fairly early ones for California Grill. There was also several other fairly hard to get ADRs listed there.

Does anyone know (silly question-I know someone does) if there is a grace period when you can book a bounce back offer after you check out? I was unfaithful to POP for my honeymoon and went to CSR... Never again... I was definitely disappointed by CSR and missed my beloved POP!

Close of business on your check out day I believe. I know people have posted they tried the next day after they got home and was unable to do so. I do know they check during the phone call to make sure you are currently staying at a WDW resort, but as long as the computer shows you were checked in that same morning you should be fine.

First of 2 online check-in days today. (Today for the room-only on 10/20, tomorrow for the full 7 day package starting 10/21.)

50's and lake view selected. Why isn't high floor an option online? Hmmmph. Now I have to call.....

Good Morning Everyone!!!!
Only two more days and I will be at POP...YEAH!!!!:banana:

I have a question for everyone...Do you know if I can get a AAA discount at the food court at POP?:confused3 We have been able to save quite a bit for are trip even though we booked last minute and I am just trying to find small ways to continue to save. Thanks in advance. :hippie:

i am checking in online in 2 days and have a question. i have heard varying reports about requests via online check in. some people say do NOT put anything in the request lines when checking in online because it will override whatever you originally requested. others have said to put your requests in again when you check in online. if i leave them blank, will that override the requests i already put in (meaning i will have no requests at all)? i made specific requests (3 or 4) when we booked over the phone in july, but i know online only gives you 2 choices. king bed is our biggest priority, then near transportation, then upper floor. we asked for the 80s as well. i know the more specific you are, the harder it is to accommodate, but i really want a king bed in the 80s section near the 90s parking lot.

so should i repeat my top requests when checking in online or leave them blank? :confused3 thanks everyone!

i am checking in online in 2 days and have a question. i have heard varying reports about requests via online check in. some people say do NOT put anything in the request lines when checking in online because it will override whatever you originally requested. others have said to put your requests in again when you check in online. if i leave them blank, will that override the requests i already put in (meaning i will have no requests at all)? i made specific requests (3 or 4) when we booked over the phone in july, but i know online only gives you 2 choices. king bed is our biggest priority, then near transportation, then upper floor. we asked for the 80s as well. i know the more specific you are, the harder it is to accommodate, but i really want a king bed in the 80s section near the 90s parking lot.

so should i repeat my top requests when checking in online or leave them blank? :confused3 thanks everyone!

I just did my online check in and there were only two options given and no where to write extra. I think that if they already have your original reguest than you should be fine. But you could always call to make sure that your reguests are still showing in there system. Also, I don't remember seeing King Bed as an online request, only building, floor and pack n play.Hope this helps :cool1:

I always do online check in. I'm not sure if they got the glitch fixed or not. I only had one time recently where they didn't see my previous request in the computer, and that was one that disabilities put in. I think that was in December or whenever we stayed at POFQ. Everytime since both disabilities and my online request showed up.

Each time I've arrived at POP, they just handed me my packet with room keys all ready to go and a room already assigned. Usually it is a very quick process. I think Pop handles online check in better than any other resort I've stayed at and used online check in.

I just did my online check in and there were only two options given and no where to write extra. I think that if they already have your original reguest than you should be fine. But you could always call to make sure that your reguests are still showing in there system. Also, I don't remember seeing King Bed as an online request, only building, floor and pack n play.Hope this helps :cool1:

I always do online check in. I'm not sure if they got the glitch fixed or not. I only had one time recently where they didn't see my previous request in the computer, and that was one that disabilities put in. I think that was in December or whenever we stayed at POFQ. Everytime since both disabilities and my online request showed up.

Each time I've arrived at POP, they just handed me my packet with room keys all ready to go and a room already assigned. Usually it is a very quick process. I think Pop handles online check in better than any other resort I've stayed at and used online check in.

thanks! king is our most important request, so i don't want to put in something as a first request online and have POP think king isn't that important. i might just have to call i guess. thanks again!

Close of business on your check out day I believe. I know people have posted they tried the next day after they got home and was unable to do so. I do know they check during the phone call to make sure you are currently staying at a WDW resort, but as long as the computer shows you were checked in that same morning you should be fine.

Short answer -- no grace period for me!

Story - In 2011 tried unsuccessfully post-trip to book a free dining bounceback. My reason was the FD bounceback flier was not placed in my room during the entire trip. I was looking out for it but a room rate flier was in my room the whole time. This was Aug 20-27 2011.

I got home and saw postings from other Pop guests that they had the FD bounceback flier in their room, and then other posters said (or claimed) they were allowed to book these bouncebacks post-trip.

Based on these claims and the flier not being provided to me, I tried twice to book the bounceback offer from home. I explained I never got the flier. They checked with managers. They said no. They didn't want my money.

Lessons learned:
1. Yes, Disney, I know the bounceback is only good for in-room guests.
2. Next time ask at the desk if I have the current bounceback flier or not.
3. Check the DIS during my trip, which last year I didn't too. Free wifi will help with that!

Disney learned:
1. I will go to Disneyland instead. But I didn't stay at one of their hotels, so :earboy2:

We're headed there next week (10/19 - 10/22) and wondered if the hotel does anything fun/special activities, etc. that kids would enjoy? I thought I read something somewhere about movies that are shown? But can't remember where I saw that?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter