POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow at this time, DS and I will be at the airport! Our flight isn't until 3:15, but because of American's issues, they're allowing passengers to try standby for earlier flights, and there's one at 10:25 that we're going to try to get on (there are seats left, so they said there's a good chance).

And when I come back, I'll be starting a new job! And DH will also! I feel SO much better about going on this trip knowing we'll both be employed. Now I won't worry while we're gone, we'll just have a great mother-son trip.

We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!! :)

Love it!! :rotfl2: Happy Birthday to your DH!:cool1: Have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Are they super expensive or regular!

Sure they are quite pricey ... beers are around $5-$7 ... wine is approx $10-14, in my picture of the liquor area, I can't find any prices for you, but will ask MeMom to do so (as she is there now.:))

Thanks for all the great info again Janet, we are back to May now instead of February! It is amazing what a couple of days can do!!:rotfl:

You're welcome Jen!! And you have a DC (date change) again! :laughing: SWW baby - bring it ON! :cool1:

Best room request if we are staying at Pop in January,DDs are 2 and 7. We will be heading back to the room daily for naptime. Want dd2 to be able to stay on nap schedule and dd7 to be able to swim and visit the arcade or playground with one parent during said nap.

Depends on your booking category ... the playground is over by the 70s (which does not have a pool) but you can use the 60s one, which has the kiddie pool as well.:) I think the kids would like the 60s or 50s too ... with lady and the tramp. We like the lake view rooms, we feel they are the most quiet (we also request an upper floor), however you may like a ground floor if dealing with strollers.

What category did you book??

We are here now - saw a baby (tiny, tiny) snake on the way back from the pool to the room yesterday. I'm guessing a black racer. I tend to leave my door open a lot to let the Florida sunshine in, but since we're on the bottom floor, I'm keeping it shut this time. 'Cute' little critters - like lizards and snakes - don't bother me too much, but I would probably be quite startled should one run across my bed in the middle of the night! :eek: :laughing:

Yikes!! Lizards are cute, snakes are not!! This is why we request an upper floor!! Hope you are having a ball!! :cool1:

Request: If you can, please check out the liquor prices. My pix do not show the prices an we there is a request for info....thanks, no problem if you can't or forget!!

Tomorrow at this time, DS and I will be at the airport! Our flight isn't until 3:15, but because of American's issues, they're allowing passengers to try standby for earlier flights, and there's one at 10:25 that we're going to try to get on (there are seats left, so they said there's a good chance).

And when I come back, I'll be starting a new job! And DH will also! I feel SO much better about going on this trip knowing we'll both be employed. Now I won't worry while we're gone, we'll just have a great mother-son trip.

Erin - :yay: Congratulations to you and DH on your new jobs!! :woohoo: Now go and have the most fabulous trip with your DS!! And he has his gig to look forward to on his return .... great news all around!! :flower3:

Congradulations to both you and your husband on findind new jobs. Have fun on your trip!!! pirate:

We will be arriving at Pop in 6 days (So Excited!!!) and I was wondering what the current bounceback offer is? DD and I are planning to do the Expedition Everest Challenge in May and I was hoping to book our stay at AS Sports with a BB.

Best room request if we are staying at Pop in January,DDs are 2 and 7. We will be heading back to the room daily for naptime. Want dd2 to be able to stay on nap schedule and dd7 to be able to swim and visit the arcade or playground with one parent during said nap.

I sure wish I remembered the first room we ever stayed in at POP. It was the loudest room for foot traffic we have ever had. It was a corner room in the 80's with a rubix cube. We were right by the playground, and it was a straight walk down the hall the opposite direction to the key pad of the 90's pool. We were right by the bus stop and the parking lot. Every morning and every evening it seemed EVERYONE walked by our room and our toddler at the time was bothered by all the footsteps and talking.

So I have never requested near transportation again at Pop.

We have really enjoyed the quietness of the standard rooms in the 70's, and building 3 in the 50's. We have stayed in various 1st floor standard rooms in the 70's and never had that kind of foot traffic as we did in the 80's near the transportation. We've enjoyed looking out at the fuseball game view, and also the garden view rooms looking at the bunnies. Didn't put us close to transportation or a pool though.

We are here now - saw a baby (tiny, tiny) snake on the way back from the pool to the room yesterday. I'm guessing a black racer. I tend to leave my door open a lot to let the Florida sunshine in, but since we're on the bottom floor, I'm keeping it shut this time. 'Cute' little critters - like lizards and snakes - don't bother me too much, but I would probably be quite startled should one run across my bed in the middle of the night! :eek: :laughing:

If it's the size of a worm, it could be a ring neck snake. They are cute, but still make me cringe to see them up close. I'd be more freaked out though if a palmetto bug greated me on the bed. We keep our doors closed too. I was happy to see that room keeping also keeps the doors closed now.

Enjoy your stay!

Just read jcarwash post above. Is applebee's and wendy's really only a 5 min walk from POP? And is it a safe walk, highway etc.?

The Bounceback offers free dining. We were at POP Century from 23-29 Sept. It was great. Excellent Mousekeeping! We stayed in the 70's, Building 6, ground floor. We were close to the food court and the buses. Had a couple of days rain but that was later in the day. Did miss the Fireworks and Electric Parade due to weather. But I hope to see it next year. We most definately booked out trip back for next year. I love POP.

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2013-Free-Dining-Bounce-Back-Offer-MD.jpg

Just read jcarwash post above. Is applebee's and wendy's really only a 5 min walk from POP? And is it a safe walk, highway etc.?

I can't think of any that is a five minute walk from POP. Crossroads has a McDonald's, Red Lobster, Perkins, Pizzaria Uno, Sweet Tomatoes, TGI Friday's etc. but it would take alot more than 5 minutes to get there and a couple very busy roads (walking past DTD to get there) to cross that I would not feel safe on foot crossing. (Though many people do cross those roads by foot daily.)

We booked standard but will upgrade if need to. With yoir suggestions i may not need to. According to map at the beginning of the thread, 50s building lakeview may work nicely for us. And bonus,DD 7 loves lady and tramp.

Janet B said:
Love it!! :rotfl2: Happy Birthday to your DH!:cool1: Have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Sure they are quite pricey ... beers are around $5-$7 ... wine is approx $10-14, in my picture of the liquor area, I can't find any prices for you, but will ask MeMom to do so (as she is there now.:))

You're welcome Jen!! And you have a DC (date change) again! :laughing: SWW baby - bring it ON! :cool1:

Depends on your booking category ... the playground is over by the 70s (which does not have a pool) but you can use the 60s one, which has the kiddie pool as well.:) I think the kids would like the 60s or 50s too ... with lady and the tramp. We like the lake view rooms, we feel they are the most quiet (we also request an upper floor), however you may like a ground floor if dealing with strollers.

What category did you book??

Yikes!! Lizards are cute, snakes are not!! This is why we request an upper floor!! Hope you are having a ball!! :cool1:

Request: If you can, please check out the liquor prices. My pix do not show the prices an we there is a request for info....thanks, no problem if you can't or forget!!

Erin - :yay: Congratulations to you and DH on your new jobs!! :woohoo: Now go and have the most fabulous trip with your DS!! And he has his gig to look forward to on his return .... great news all around!! :flower3:

Thank you. T

to save on time in the mornings on our way to the parks.

How do you go about doing this? I have a list on Garden Grocers -- do you have to call the hotel directly to arrange them to receive the delivery? Do they have a place to store the food since our flight doesn't get in until after 8 p.m.? Where can you find the direct dial phone number and address for the resort to give to Garden Grocers?

Has anyone used them before and had good or bad luck?

thanks!

We had a nice day at Epcot yesterday. Animal Kingdom today, naps this afternoon, and MNSSHP tonight. :thumbsup2

Yes, I will get the liquor prices for you. I had to grin, though, since I am an old-fashioned Church of Christ girl who has never had a drink. ;) When I was a kid, even saying root beer was pretty daring stuff! :laughing: I won't know a thing about any of the beverages I am posting about, but I am glad to do it for Disney/Pop informational purposes. :) I'm mostly a water drinker, so I'll probably freak out when I see the prices! :eek:

I have not had any luck on the entrance signs, as of yet. I have either been on the wrong side of the bus, it has been too dark, or I have had a kid or baby in my lap. I'll keep working on that request, but if I don't get it, I was glad to see that someone with a car - who can slow down and get a better shot - is coming soon.

Hello. Just wanted to let you know that we had a great time at the POP. If we ever get back to Disney World, we will stay at the POP again. We did get our 50's building with a lakeview and it was great. :thumbsup2:

This thread was great with all the information. Thank you Janet! :cheer2::cheer2:

to save on time in the mornings on our way to the parks.

How do you go about doing this? I have a list on Garden Grocers -- do you have to call the hotel directly to arrange them to receive the delivery? Do they have a place to store the food since our flight doesn't get in until after 8 p.m.? Where can you find the direct dial phone number and address for the resort to give to Garden Grocers?

Has anyone used them before and had good or bad luck?

thanks!

We've used GG several times when staying at a DVC resort. I have not had them make a delivery to Pop, but it will work the same way. When you place your order with GG, it asks where you want your delivery made and Pop Century is one of the options. Pop will hold your delivery for you and they do have limited refrigerated space. With a late arrival like yours, I would typically have my order delivered the day AFTER arrival. That allows for air delay problems and the like. There shouldn't be any problems, but I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

You do not need to contact Pop to let them know about the delivery. GG delivers to Pop every day most likely. You'll have to give GG information about what time you want the delivery made, etc. GG will also give you a call when they're on the way to making the delivery.

I've been very pleased with GG's service.

We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!! :)

We will be at POP 10-12-12/-10/15/12 we will also be decorating are window with halloween decor. Cant wait to find yours!!! I love when others decorate...

Hello everyone...Please don't think that I am a trader :rotfl: Because on my next trip I am staying at AOA...Don't get me wrong I LOVE the pop but I want to try something new this trip.
I will be coming over to the POP to eat one night for the Mother's day out dinner. I just LOVE the fried chicken.
I will be back to the pop soon I promise :)

We will be at POP 10-12-12/-10/15/12 we will also be decorating are window with halloween decor. Cant wait to find yours!!! I love when others decorate...

See you there!! :) We'll look for your decorations, too!! That's what we love about POP! Alot of people decorate. We love to walk around and check them all out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter