POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

There's really nothing that is a walk from Pop Century except for the Art of Animation resort across the bridge. You read something that led you to think Applebee's and Wendy's were close?

If you stay at one of the All Star resorts, particularly Sports which is the closest, there is a McDonald's within walking distance. Pop doesn't have anything like that nearby.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Racebanner

Racebanner Earning My Ears

Can't wait! Why do the days seem so long? :confused3

Parkhopper passes have been delivered. This will be my first on-site stay. Looking forward to warm days.:)

4. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

POP is a great resort for solo travelers. I'm speaking from experience, as I did my first on-site solo trip there this past February, and am doing a second one in December :goodvibes

5. CuracaoGirl

CuracaoGirl Earning My Ears

We checked in yesterday and we're having a wonderful time so far.
    Will try to do a short report after our trip.

6. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Perfect!! And she will like getting a look at the dog house too :) Plus, the 50s pools tends to be less busy than the feature pool. All good!

7. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Thanks MeMom!! You gave me reason to smile today too ... hopefully I not corrupting you :rotfl2: ...what we won't do for Disney, right?? :goodvibes Appreciate it ... No worries about the entrance sign, it's not going anywhere. :)

Have a spook-tacular time tonight!! :cool1:

:goodvibes You're welcome and .... welcome back!! :goodvibes 50s lake view is great ... and it's so nice to see AoA now instead of discarded buildings...hopefully your next trip will be sooner vs later.:thumbsup2

:banana: Only a few days away!! Enjoy!

As you say, another great thing about POP, feeling a part of all the fun and energy, especially true for solo trips. :thumbsup2

:cool1: Enjoy!! and we look forward to your review. :flower3:

8. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

No such thoughts here ... AoA is our unofficial sister resort, right? And at POP it's all about peace, love and understanding :hippie: ... so, we'll see you next time, fer shure!! ::yes::

Agree with you ... the days go so s-l-o-w-l-y until you are in Disney, then it zooms by like we are on test track!! :)

And :yay: for your first on-site stay!! After your trip, if you have time and would like to share your thoughts on POP, we'll be right here :goodvibes

9. disney_girl123

disney_girl123 Canadian Disney Fanatic

Checking into POP with my Mom for a little mother-daughter getaway on Oct 22-Oct 28!! Stayed at POP with a friend in July of 2011 and LOVED it, so can't wait to be back! :cool1:

Booked it as a very last minute trip (only a month and a half out from departure!) so I've had to condense all of my excitement into a very short amount of time :yay: I must have been lucky though, got some great ADRs last minute!!!

10. lovbeinmom

lovbeinmom Mouseketeer

Where did you get ressies.....I still can not get anything I want for 11/1-11-6???

11. dillydilly

dillydilly Mouseketeer

What a great idea! Love it!

My kids would enjoy having critters in our room! (Notice I said the kids!;)) Looking forward to another MeMom and family trip report!

Thanks again, Janet, for all of the information on this thread. I find myself going back again and again when I have a question. DH has been browsing with me (occasionally) and sends his thanks as well.

12. sargenca

sargenca Mouseketeer

Got in yesterday afternoon. Had done online check-in, and had requested ground floor 50's...and got both requests! In building 2 and super close to the parking lot (we rented a car and I was hoping to be close to parking). They assigned us the perfect room! It's quiet and a nice garden view. Adjusting to the room size, as we usually stay at the Poly - but knew exactly what to expect following this thread and we are all settled in. The room is very clean, and we have our Mickey Mouse streamers in the window. Off to MK, but wanted to drop in real quick. To the other Poppers who are here now...have a magical day! :) :)

13. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

It's always a pleasure to make someone laugh or smile. This old world can wear on us day in and day out. A laugh, a smile, and a little Disney magic make things better. :thumbsup2

I have pictures, and I apologize if there are too many, but I don't know up from down about liquor, so I got them all.

This is the cooler in the snack section in the food court.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are from the cabinet by the counter in the gift shop. They did not show prices.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps! :)

P.S. I think it's a good thing I don't drink. I couldn't afford it! ;)

14. lbklyn

lbklyn DIS Veteran

I usually like an ice cold beer or a margarita when I feel like having a drink but I have not had a mudslide in years and those in the fridge above look VERY inviting!!!:thumbsup2

15. AggieMom28

AggieMom28 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when they might release the Halloween activities scheduled at Pop? I know they've had trick or treating and other activities the past few years. Thanks!

16. Robin K

Robin K DIS Veteran

Mom and I just booked a quick 4 night trip in May. After reading this thread and looking at pictures I am so excited.:hyper:
    We have done Disney before...just never at this resort. If anyone has additional tips, thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear them.
    Our main goal this trip is to check out the Flower and Garden Fest at Epcot. If anyone has any tips for that as well I would be so grateful...we usually travel in Sept!
    Have a wonderful day....

17. DopeysMom

DopeysMom Mouseketeer

It's almost here! 2 weeks from today I'll be checking in at the POP for the first time :)

18. raraavis

raraavis Mouseketeer

me too! :dance3:

19. Steph2527

Steph2527 DIS Veteran

Me too!!! :goodvibes

Well..not the for the first time..but hey...lol

20. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

So how long has there been beer, wine and liquor at Pop? As far as I know it's been there since the very first time I went there back in 2006. I was talking about it the other day and DH looks at me, "They have beer and liquor at Pop?". :rolleyes: He was with me for all 3 of our stays at Pop. :)

Thank you MeMom for the pictures!:thumbsup2

21. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

It's been there since opening day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.