POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:cheer2: Many POPers are in Disney at that time! And most likely FD will be offered if you are interested. :)

Why not? It did it in perfect!! Many times our AK day is paired with a TS at one of the resorts, so we are not at POP at the 8:30 timeframe. BUT I do want to see a movie there next time. :goodvibes

:cool1: Lindsey ... I will be in Disney too at that time!! BUT, as I am on an adults trip and sharing a room with two others, so we are not at POP.... booked a deal at FQ, and getting a little more room and queen beds. :goodvibes BUT I do plan on visiting when I'm there! Maybe I'll run into you! :)

:yay: Have a GREAT time!! We love the 60s!! Hope the rain goes away for you. Have fun at MK today!! :cool1:

:cheer2: Safe travels to you!! Have a fabulous time!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. FancyNancy

FancyNancy DIS Veteran

Thanks! I went for the Flower and Garden festival this year and am excited to try August next year! Although going more than a year between visits is not easy! ;)

4. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Totally understand the waiting part! I like to get to Disney for SWW one year .... that will be nice.

Mid to late August is a nice time to go ... a little less crowds than July/June as Florida schools are back in session ... lower rates and historicaly FD. :thumbsup2 I mean it's going to be hot and humid anyway over the summer, why not save some $$ by going in August? :)

5. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

I guess we don't know what the discount percentage is for POP, huh? DD has to be there to check in for DCP on Jan 14. I guess I should go ahead and book and if a better rate comes out then change since I don't have a choice on the dates...

6. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

On the room-only discount, they are showing 25% for Pop, Sports, and Movies, and 15% for AoA Suites. AoA Little Mermaid is excluded.

Disney isn't showing percentage off examples for the packages.

Here's the links to the Disney Visa pages with the details they provide:

Room-only
    http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

Stay/Play/Dine
    http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwstayplaydineoct12

7. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

jcarwash ... Thanks for posting the links to the Disney Visa info. :thumbsup2 It's got me thinking about a family trip ... probably getting an AP in January ... :)

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Yay! So excited... DH and I will soon be booking Pop from Feb 7-10, 2013 for an little alone time without the kids!! :banana: Any recommendations for a quiet room with a nice view of the lake?

9. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Hey Jen! :yay: Happy you "popped" in!! :hippie: Quiet room at POP :) Lake view rooms, upper floors are generally quieter. Bldg 3 (50s), Bldgs 4&5 (60s) have lakeview rooms and are convenient to Classic Hall/Busing. Great news is that lake rooms are standard. :cool1: These are our favorite areas!

Many people like the 70s which also offers lake view rooms (we never stayed there). FYI.. King rooms are by request only and are limited in supply, but you may be fortunate to get one. :goodvibes (assume you would want one on this trip :))

If you like, you can refer to the 2012 map to get a sense of the layout of the resort.

So thrilled your mom is making this trip a reality for you and DH!! :cheer2:

10. snkasweet

snkasweet Earning My Ears

I am so excited! We booked our stay/play/dine package with the disney visa email today.This will be our first stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. (we have stayed off site the last four times) For those interested, the discount % was not given but the package was about $500 cheaper with the discount. Yeah for disney visa!

11. bellaally

bellaally DIS Veteran

I just read somewhere on the dis board that's the pop gift shop sold liquor?

12. GreenCntryGirl

GreenCntryGirl The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Congratulations on your first trip. :)

13. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

Yes, they do...I assume all or most of the resorts have a selection like this (photo from an easywdw review of Pop.)

[​IMG]

14. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

Is there bigger walk to the food court or bus stop if you are not in a preferred room? Also there is just the one bus stop in the front correct?

15. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes.

Yes.

16. pattyw

pattyw WDW- We luv u!!

We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!! :)

17. bellaally

bellaally DIS Veteran

Are they super expensive or regular!

18. MollyBelle09

MollyBelle09 Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to be calling to see what sort of discounts my group can get Wednesday, and hadn't read many 'Poppers'' discount results. Thanks for the hope. :)

19. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great info again Janet, we are back to May now instead of February! It is amazing what a couple of days can do!!:rotfl:

20. snkasweet

snkasweet Earning My Ears

Best room request if we are staying at Pop in January,DDs are 2 and 7. We will be heading back to the room daily for naptime. Want dd2 to be able to stay on nap schedule and dd7 to be able to swim and visit the arcade or playground with one parent during said nap.

21. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Check out building 9 on the map. There are some areas that are super close to the bus stop.

We are here now - saw a baby (tiny, tiny) snake on the way back from the pool to the room yesterday. I'm guessing a black racer. I tend to leave my door open a lot to let the Florida sunshine in, but since we're on the bottom floor, I'm keeping it shut this time. 'Cute' little critters - like lizards and snakes - don't bother me too much, but I would probably be quite startled should one run across my bed in the middle of the night! :eek: :laughing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.