POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subbing in! I'll be staying at POP the last week of August 2013 for the first time! I have always stayed at All Star Sports but the last time I was there there were big groups of cheerleaders and dance troups so it was a bit hectic and I'm looking forward to a better food court as well! Can't wait! :wave2:

:cheer2: Many POPers are in Disney at that time! And most likely FD will be offered if you are interested. :)

You're welcome! Like I said, this was in February, so it could have changed, but I got a chair then at least :goodvibes And I'm usually in the parks too, but AK closed at 6pm that day, and I got back to POP fast enough and figured, why not? :thumbsup2

Why not? It did it in perfect!! Many times our AK day is paired with a TS at one of the resorts, so we are not at POP at the 8:30 timeframe. BUT I do want to see a movie there next time. :goodvibes

Subscribing. We will be there Jan 10 - 13 - marathon weekend. Had booked standard, but with the Disney Visa Discount today, upgraded to Preferred Pool view! DH and I stayed one night several years ago before moving over to Bonnet Creek, and really liked the layout. We will move off site for six nights, then back to POP for the last night.

:cool1: Lindsey ... I will be in Disney too at that time!! BUT, as I am on an adults trip and sharing a room with two others, so we are not at POP.... booked a deal at FQ, and getting a little more room and queen beds. :goodvibes BUT I do plan on visiting when I'm there! Maybe I'll run into you! :)

Checked in this afternoon about 2-2:30. Quick and easy with online check in. We got our requested 60's section. We got to swim for about 5 minutes before they closed the pool due to lightning. Its been raining ever since. So we dropped some cash at the arcade and the gift shop, of course! Magic kingdom tomorrow!

:yay: Have a GREAT time!! We love the 60s!! Hope the rain goes away for you. Have fun at MK today!! :cool1:

:cheer2:We leave for the airport today, and fly to Disney early tomorrow morning. Should be wheels down by 10:30am or sooner!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Feeling so blessed today and can't wait to be in my happy place. Happy Planning everyone and safe travels!! pixiedust:

:cheer2: Safe travels to you!! Have a fabulous time!!

Thanks! I went for the Flower and Garden festival this year and am excited to try August next year! Although going more than a year between visits is not easy! ;)

Thanks! I went for the Flower and Garden festival this year and am excited to try August next year! Although going more than a year between visits is not easy! ;)

Totally understand the waiting part! I like to get to Disney for SWW one year .... that will be nice.

Mid to late August is a nice time to go ... a little less crowds than July/June as Florida schools are back in session ... lower rates and historicaly FD. :thumbsup2 I mean it's going to be hot and humid anyway over the summer, why not save some $$ by going in August? :)

From Mousesavers: New - Disney Visa Discounts as of 10/4/12

Room Only Discounts:
New!Disney’s Visa cardholders can save up to 35% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 1/2/13-3/7/13 (stays 1/18/13-1/20/13 are available at some resorts but may have different prices and discounts). Save 15%-25% at Value resorts, 30% at Moderate resorts, and 25%-35% at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts. Book by 12/31/12.

You can also book a package with the Room discount.

Thanks Grumpy Grandma for the heads up. :thumbsup2

I guess we don't know what the discount percentage is for POP, huh? DD has to be there to check in for DCP on Jan 14. I guess I should go ahead and book and if a better rate comes out then change since I don't have a choice on the dates...

I guess we don't know what the discount percentage is for POP, huh? DD has to be there to check in for DCP on Jan 14. I guess I should go ahead and book and if a better rate comes out then change since I don't have a choice on the dates...

On the room-only discount, they are showing 25% for Pop, Sports, and Movies, and 15% for AoA Suites. AoA Little Mermaid is excluded.

Disney isn't showing percentage off examples for the packages.

Here's the links to the Disney Visa pages with the details they provide:

Room-only
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

Stay/Play/Dine
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwstayplaydineoct12

On the room-only discount, they are showing 25% for Pop, Sports, and Movies, and 15% for AoA Suites. AoA Little Mermaid is excluded.

Disney isn't showing percentage off examples for the packages.

Here's the links to the Disney Visa pages with the details they provide:

Room-only
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

Stay/Play/Dine
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwstayplaydineoct12

jcarwash ... Thanks for posting the links to the Disney Visa info. :thumbsup2 It's got me thinking about a family trip ... probably getting an AP in January ... :)

Yay! So excited... DH and I will soon be booking Pop from Feb 7-10, 2013 for an little alone time without the kids!! :banana: Any recommendations for a quiet room with a nice view of the lake?

Yay! So excited... DH and I will soon be booking Pop from Feb 7-10, 2013 for an little alone time without the kids!! :banana: Any recommendations for a quiet room with a nice view of the lake?

Hey Jen! :yay: Happy you "popped" in!! :hippie: Quiet room at POP :) Lake view rooms, upper floors are generally quieter. Bldg 3 (50s), Bldgs 4&5 (60s) have lakeview rooms and are convenient to Classic Hall/Busing. Great news is that lake rooms are standard. :cool1: These are our favorite areas!

Many people like the 70s which also offers lake view rooms (we never stayed there). FYI.. King rooms are by request only and are limited in supply, but you may be fortunate to get one. :goodvibes (assume you would want one on this trip :))

If you like, you can refer to the 2012 map to get a sense of the layout of the resort.

So thrilled your mom is making this trip a reality for you and DH!! :cheer2:

I am so excited! We booked our stay/play/dine package with the disney visa email today.This will be our first stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. (we have stayed off site the last four times) For those interested, the discount % was not given but the package was about $500 cheaper with the discount. Yeah for disney visa!

I am so excited! We booked our stay/play/dine package with the disney visa email today.This will be our first stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. (we have stayed off site the last four times) For those interested, the discount % was not given but the package was about $500 cheaper with the discount. Yeah for disney visa!

Congratulations on your first trip. :)

I just read somewhere on the dis board that's the pop gift shop sold liquor?

Yes, they do...I assume all or most of the resorts have a selection like this (photo from an easywdw review of Pop.)

aiod84.jpg

Is there bigger walk to the food court or bus stop if you are not in a preferred room? Also there is just the one bus stop in the front correct?

We'll be at POP in 5 days!! DH will celebrate his 50th b-day. We plan to decorate our windows (we have 2 rooms). One sign will be a POP Cemtury logo sign with- Our POP is 1/2 a Century!! couldn't resist!! My DS is working on this now!! :)

snkasweet said:

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to be calling to see what sort of discounts my group can get Wednesday, and hadn't read many 'Poppers'' discount results. Thanks for the hope. :)

Thanks for all the great info again Janet, we are back to May now instead of February! It is amazing what a couple of days can do!!:rotfl:

Best room request if we are staying at Pop in January,DDs are 2 and 7. We will be heading back to the room daily for naptime. Want dd2 to be able to stay on nap schedule and dd7 to be able to swim and visit the arcade or playground with one parent during said nap.

Is there bigger walk to the food court or bus stop if you are not in a preferred room? Also there is just the one bus stop in the front correct?

Check out building 9 on the map. There are some areas that are super close to the bus stop.

We are here now - saw a baby (tiny, tiny) snake on the way back from the pool to the room yesterday. I'm guessing a black racer. I tend to leave my door open a lot to let the Florida sunshine in, but since we're on the bottom floor, I'm keeping it shut this time. 'Cute' little critters - like lizards and snakes - don't bother me too much, but I would probably be quite startled should one run across my bed in the middle of the night! :eek: :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter