POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
just returned wed from a week long trip to pop. we enjoyed it, had two rooms with the babe so she could get sleep at night away from the big kids. we did have an agentina cheer group there- fifteens they were called. we didnt hear them at the resort but were at the back of the 80/s building. we did run into them in several parks however and while that wasnt too bad, having them literally up my butt at bag check at epcot was a bit much. honest i could not move if i needed to.

disney handled the crowds well tho and put huge motor coachs on to transport the extra ppl sunday and monday nights. monday night we, an aussie cm and one other couple were the only ones on it going to pop. didnt need to collapse the stroller but instead he left it up and put it underneath.

weather was beautiful, we had fun and came home burnt and tired. a sign of a great vacay. only real issue? someone with my first and maiden name checked in around the same day and they thought it was me when i did online checkin- so that was literally a bust for us this time. they said amber, blah with one room no one else, stying 5 nights. um no, 2 adults, 3 kids, 2 rooms and 7 nights. oy! i always knew i was a trouble maker. lol

That is absolutely NOT true!!! The 60's section towards the back facing the lake nearest GG bridge is considered standard. So whoever is telling you that does NOT know what they are talking about!!

I think I know that. :) Just most of the cm's don't. That was my point of asking for a certain building vs section. Because all the cm's don't really know.

KELLY said:
I think I know that. :) Just most of the cm's don't. That was my point of asking for a certain building vs section. Because all the cm's don't really know.

Oops!! Sorry! My Bad!!
They really should KNOW their resorts!! SMH & RME!!

I haven't stayed at POP in years. We arrive in two weeks (DS 11 and I) and I'm starting to get nervous about the groups. Anyone know when they'll be gone?

can you request a certain building or just a section???

It never hurts to send in all of your requests...Start with the most important...and filter down.....They ALWAYS try to accommodate if they can..I was lucky enough to get the room I asked for ...But always send a note of thanks to the person who arranged it.....Cheers go far..jeers drop flat...Enjoy!!

Oops!! Sorry! My Bad!!
They really should KNOW their resorts!! SMH & RME!!

I got 2 different cm's 2 different years that were completely not going to put the 60's section on my reservation. Because they thought the entire 60's section was preferred. Which we all know it isn't . But instead of the hassle now I just give building 4 or 5 facing the lake.

well everyone after my SW air heart attack this week. Meaning I had to get over sticker shock. We moved our BB dates to 8/19 to 9/2. We paid 1200.00 for air and our original dates was around 1450.00. So wasn"t a big deal to push our trip up a day to save 250.00. We don't lose any days. Just the fact that we have 2 days off before we leave.

KELLY said:
I got 2 different cm's 2 different years that were completely not going to put the 60's section on my reservation. Because they thought the entire 60's section was preferred. Which we all know it isn't . But instead of the hassle now I just give building 4 or 5 facing the lake.

well everyone after my SW air heart attack this week. Meaning I had to get over sticker shock. We moved our BB dates to 8/19 to 9/2. We paid 1200.00 for air and our original dates was around 1450.00. So wasn"t a big deal to push our trip up a day to save 250.00. We don't lose any days. Just the fact that we have 2 days off before we leave.

Kinda cracks me up when "we guests" know more about the resort than the CMs!!! ROFLOL! I just left POP 17 days ago...was there for 12 days...and in 5 weeks I'm checking back into POP again for another 6 days. This will put my total night count at at least 95 nights there. This March trip was unplanned, but DD is doing the Disney CP and is homesick. She got me a GREAT rate on the room so I'm headed down for a visit.By June, I'll be at over 100 nights. Not that it can't happen but I've never had a problem with a tour group at the hotel, btw....

Thanks to this thread I have just officially booked our families first say at POP Century. Thank you all for being so informative about this place. My 2 DDs and I are taking a girls only trip for spring break. I am so excited thanks to all of you!

Hello all! This thread is wonderful!
I booked a stay at POP for 4/29-5/3 thinking it would be just 3 yo DS and me, but now my parents might come along (in a second room). They are on the older side and my dad can be a little... persnickety about noise.
Are my dates likely to have lots of boisterous tour groups? Are there any quiet spots at the resort to sit and relax, if one day my dad would rather stay at the resort while we go to a park? It's fine if the quiet spots require a long walk, including to AoA, but do they even exist?
We could do POR instead (which seems like it has quiet spots), but I think DS would *love* the POP and AoA theming, and the food court and bus service both seem more promising at POP.

Hello all! This thread is wonderful!
I booked a stay at POP for 4/29-5/3 thinking it would be just 3 yo DS and me, but now my parents might come along (in a second room). They are on the older side and my dad can be a little... persnickety about noise.
Are my dates likely to have lots of boisterous tour groups? Are there any quiet spots at the resort to sit and relax, if one day my dad would rather stay at the resort while we go to a park? It's fine if the quiet spots require a long walk, including to AoA, but do they even exist?
We could do POR instead (which seems like it has quiet spots), but I think DS would *love* the POP and AoA theming, and the food court and bus service both seem more promising at POP.

Without a doubt, POR is much more peaceful and a better pick for dad...You are right, your DS will love POP...but will get so much to see all day long at the parks that the resort will just be a place to sleep at the end of the day!True POP is more child friendly...but,,,your dad would much rather stay at POR....The bus is great at POP...with no other stops, but if it comes down to where you would be more comfy POR is the answer.

Let me say, the first few posts on this thread are absolutely magnificent. I am booked at AoA for October, but am keeping my options open.

I saw in the Transportation section that you could walk to the Contemporary from Pop -- how long of a walk would that be. I am thinking of making an ADR for the day we arrive and think maybe walking there would be a nice, leisurely way to introduce the kids to the wonders of Disney.

Thank you.

DaniMoon said:
Let me say, the first few posts on this thread are absolutely magnificent. I am booked at AoA for October, but am keeping my options open.

I saw in the Transportation section that you could walk to the Contemporary from Pop -- how long of a walk would that be. I am thinking of making an ADR for the day we arrive and think maybe walking there would be a nice, leisurely way to introduce the kids to the wonders of Disney.

Thank you.

Pop century is not near contempary it would be a very very long walk

Hi DaniMoon!

You can walk between the Magic Kingdom and Contemporary but I don't think you'd want to walk between Pop and the Contemporary. I think it would be well past a 5 mile walk, and you're going to be walking quite enough already. :goodvibes

There's a neat interactive map on Disney's website that will give you a pretty good idea of the distance.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/

Hope that helps!
June

Thank you. I see where I made my mistake.

Also, thanks for the link to the map. It is now saved in my Disney Tips document.

We are booked at Pop for our May trip! My kids are going to love the theming here and I am looking forward to finally getting to try the tie dye cheesecake :) I am also planning for us to take a stroll over to AOA to look around and try out their food court too. We were initially planning to stay at Bonnet Creek for this trip, but we had to change our travel dates and are only going for six nights instead of seven, so we decided to just stay onsite and get two value rooms. We had a family suite at AS Music for our last trip and really liked it and had a good experience at that resort; but we want to have a new experience and try a different resort complex and getting a family suite at AOA wasn't something we could do for this trip. I had concerns about not getting connecting rooms or our building request since we booked standard rooms; but I am not worried anymore, just excited :banana:

Its been a few years since our last stay at Pop! But, its still our fave onsite option. Last year we stayed at CBR and although we liked the pool, we did not care for the resort at all. It was huge and confusing to get around.

We just booked this week for mid april and are super excited!

:cool1: And if your POP stay was pre 2010, you will notice a few changes since the rooms were refurbised that year...new mattresses, privacy curtain, entertainment dresser, flat screen TVs, mini-fridges, etc. :goodvibes

just returned wed from a week long trip to pop. we enjoyed it, had two rooms with the babe so she could get sleep at night away from the big kids. we did have an agentina cheer group there- fifteens they were called. we didnt hear them at the resort but were at the back of the 80/s building. we did run into them in several parks however and while that wasnt too bad, having them literally up my butt at bag check at epcot was a bit much. honest i could not move if i needed to.

disney handled the crowds well tho and put huge motor coachs on to transport the extra ppl sunday and monday nights. monday night we, an aussie cm and one other couple were the only ones on it going to pop. didnt need to collapse the stroller but instead he left it up and put it underneath.

Happy that you had weathered the dance troupes and had a great time! Seems like Disney handled the additional crowds well in regards to the busing. :thumbsup2

weather was beautiful, we had fun and came home burnt and tired. a sign of a great vacay. only real issue? someone with my first and maiden name checked in around the same day and they thought it was me when i did online checkin- so that was literally a bust for us this time. they said amber, blah with one room no one else, stying 5 nights. um no, 2 adults, 3 kids, 2 rooms and 7 nights. oy! i always knew i was a trouble maker. lol

Even in the midst of computer issues, you still kept your sense of humor about it! :thumbsup2 Pretty cool ... :cool2:

I haven't stayed at POP in years. We arrive in two weeks (DS 11 and I) and I'm starting to get nervous about the groups. Anyone know when they'll be gone?

January is a big tour group time....and this past weekend there was the National dance championship....in 2 weeks you will be past presidents weekend (which gets higher crowds), so the levels will drop off.... next weekend (2/23) is the princess half marathon, so people will be arriving for that. We were at Disney over marathon weekend in January, and did not find the parks unmanageable... many people come in specifically to just run the marathon and attend the other events. And the running events is different than the large tour groups.

Kelly, we usually give bldg numbers as well, although we have never been told that the 60s is all preferred... weird... :confused3

Always good saving money!!
:thumbsup2

We are booked at Pop for our May trip! My kids are going to love the theming here and I am looking forward to finally getting to try the tie dye cheesecake :) I am also planning for us to take a stroll over to AOA to look around and try out their food court too. We were initially planning to stay at Bonnet Creek for this trip, but we had to change our travel dates and are only going for six nights instead of seven, so we decided to just stay onsite and get two value rooms. We had a family suite at AS Music for our last trip and really liked it and had a good experience at that resort; but we want to have a new experience and try a different resort complex and getting a family suite at AOA wasn't something we could do for this trip. I had concerns about not getting connecting rooms or our building request since we booked standard rooms; but I am not worried anymore, just excited :banana:

Hi and :welcome: to the POP Faq thread. :hippie: Booking standard should not affect your ability to receive connecting rooms ..... have the connecting request listed first as it seems to be your most important, and any additional request(s) should follow in order of importance. :goodvibes

At check in, if you do not receive your request(s), ask the CM to move you and they will do their best to accomodate you. :goodvibes

Thanks to this thread I have just officially booked our families first say at POP Century. Thank you all for being so informative about this place. My 2 DDs and I are taking a girls only trip for spring break. I am so excited thanks to all of you!

Girls Trip! :yay: (and probably a road trip as you live in FL - lucky you.). :goodvibes Have a great time! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter