POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Happy you like the FAQ thread. :thumbsup2 AoA looks awesome and its great that each resort is a short bridge away from each other... you can explore POP easily while at AoA or vice versa if those options are '"exercised". :goodvibes

:cool1: Something extra to celebrate while in the "World" :goodvibes Have a fabulous time!! :yay:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DonnaBoo

DonnaBoo DIS Veteran

:woohoo:We're going back! So excited for another Disney vacation. We booked a bounceback and in just a few days I'll be booking dining. I can't believe how fast the time went.:hourglass
    Looking forward to spending the next 6 months on the Disboards.

4. skater

skater <font color=blue>Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't

I didn't know they now have privacy curtains. Yay! I'm going with my 11 year old son in a couple weeks and this will make it so much better. I was a little worried about changing clothes in a tiny steamy bathroom :rotfl:.

Also, can someone tell me what will fit in the refrigerators? Will a half gallon of milk work? Thanks!

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes a half gallon of milk will fit. Please see post #2 of this thread for a picture of the fridge.:thumbsup2

6. skater

Thank you! I looked at the picture and I thought it was a yes, but now that its getting close, those little details are starting to seem more important :goodvibes. I appreciate the confirmation.

7. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reminder. Weare on the QSDP but have a few TS meals we would still Like to do. Plus PL for the girls.

8. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:cool1: Happy to "see" you back on the POP thread!! :hippie:

We LOVE the privacy curtain!! :thumbsup2

9. amberg@eastlink.ca

amberg@eastlink.ca DIS Veteran

10. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

Ok POP friends. I am beginning to plan my February 2014 trip. We love the POP. My dilemma is should we try the LM rooms at AOA? We walked over last year, LM wasn't open yet. It looks so far from the main bldg though. We have a 5 year old who would love those rooms. I'm so torn . Any thoughts?

11. mjperry

mjperry One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of

That's bad very scary, it's not easy to say what I would have done,; but he should have been tackled and held for security and banned from the resort for life. Those people don't belong around families who are just there to have a safe family vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

12. skater

13. babygirlamg

babygirlamg DIS Veteran

Arriving in two weeks....last time we were there my daughter wanted a hair wrap but we didnt get it done....this time i was thinking of letting her do it...what time are they usually out there doing the hair wrapping????

14. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

The rooms do seem a bit of a hike (especially bldg 8!), that said, if your princess really wants to stay in them, I say go for it! They are only young once.:goodvibes Ask for the bldg 7 lake view on the side closest to the lion king suites... the resort is so colorful and the attention to detail is all there. We explored the resort on our visit last August.

And since you love POP, it is an easy walk over the bridge to visit. :hippie: Hopefully by Feb '14 the LM rooms will be included in discounts (under the current bounceback they are not).

The hair wrapping cart is open from 4pm until 10 pm. :hippie:

15. babygirlamg

babygirlamg DIS Veteran

What are the pool hours????

16. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

The pool hours may vary depending on the time of your visit. There's also a difference between when the pool is officially open for use and when it is staffed by lifeguards. I think there are summer periods where it's allowed to use the pool at all hours; other times of year there will be an official opening and closing time.

...and then there are the unexpected pool closings for, uh, accidents. :goodvibes

17. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Officially 7am-11pm (august) but we have been there when people are in at 6 am and long past 11pm (no lifeguards after hours) but POP is lenient about the use of the pools. :goodvibes

As jcarwash reminded me... I forgot to add that the hours do vary according to season, the 7am-11pm was in August. :)

18. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

thank goodness we haven't had this pleassure :rotfl2:

19. babygirlamg

babygirlamg DIS Veteran

im going in two weeks

20. KELLY

KELLY DIS Veteran

I'm not sure on the exact time but it seems they get there early evening maybe 4pm. Seems they are there when we come back to the resort and sometimes we are back for the night around 4 or so. Where other times we are night owls.

21. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

Looks like I'm joining the POP thread :yay: I was originally booked at ASMu for May but after seeing the AP rates that came out, I'm saving by switching to Pop - and I'm so excited about it too!! Now I need to re-do all my resort research, and I hear there's tie-dye cheesecake to be had?? :cool1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.