POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in Bldg 3. Security took everything very seriously and has an accurate description of "the guy". He didn't have on a hat or glasses or anything. I'll ask DH exactly where he was in relation to the pool.

If I was there with my kids right now I wouldn't change my plans or anything. Pop is an enormous resort filled with all sorts of people. Just be aware of your surroundings and have fun! I think it just burst my WDW suspended reality bubble a little bit.

KrazeeK120 "We've stayed at all levels of resorts. The only complaint I had about Pop is that I found the bed to be too hard. DH liked the bed though...so I guess that's just a matter of opinion."

:)HI..Same story here,,,I just returned from my 30th Visit to WDW and my 5th stay at Pop....Agreed on the hard beds....When we asked we were told that ALL beds at Pop are the same mattresses...so moving to another room will not help...If you like HARD beds,,this is the place for you.
Have stayed at each resort multiple times, and the beds at Mods are much softer and comfy...(to be expected!)
Otherwise, Pop has lots to offer. Fun and games at the pool all day long. Movies in the grassy area at night...and some of the best FOOD COURT food of all the food courts...Especially the Chicken Parm...a really winner and the Mom's Night out T.V. dinner specials....Can't beat this food court in comparison to most...note:...sometimes due to the long lines at the registers during peak time....remember to use the MICROWAVE to re heat your food before sitting!! OH,,,the tuna at the 1st station (sandwiches/salads)was delicious too!pixiedust:

Hi everyone...
We were at POP in October and loved it.
My mom really wants to see the Christmas decorations and I'm thinking about making another trip.
Do you guys think the first week of December is a good idea?
What will the weather be like? What about the crowds?

If you're able, first week of Dec is a good time to look at -- you can see the park and resort decorations, attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom, and experience some less busy crowds before the really insane holiday period. You might experience some colder weather, but it also could be very nice.

GOOFYsince71 said:
Your sons will enjoy it...Talking/snoring/ suits of armour in the Queue.....and go at lunch for sure...they get to input their own meals at the kiosk before entering your choice of 3 dining areas....Serve yourself drink area with refills also.....Loved the braised pork....Don't get the Pommes Frites (just ordinary cold french fries) Get it with the Mashed Potatoes!!
SORRY,,,THIS SHOULD BE POSTED ON THE DINING THREAD!!!!!! YOU CAN MOVE ME OVER IF YOU WANT!!!

Lol!!! Thanks for the info! My husband and I will be taking our two sons, 20 and 17, and my older son's girlfriend. 20yr old and girlfriend are huge beauty and beast fans. What dining area would you recommend?

Lol!!! Thanks for the info! My husband and I will be taking our two sons, 20 and 17, and my older son's girlfriend. 20yr old and girlfriend are huge beauty and beast fans. What dining area would you recommend?

Each of the 3 rooms have their own appeal...
All 3 are open for the lunch...which I recommend..although the line is long early ...(9:30 for an 11 am open) it moves quickly
There actually was NO line at 2:00 ...just walk in...
It closes around 3 for the 4pm Service for Dinner ( more expensive)
Keep in mind, that the dinner service is only in 2 rooms.
The main dining room is a little "convention" feel to me,,,although it has the beautiful windows with a view of "night-time snow falling"...
You can walk from room to room and decide which one if right for you..HINT.....DO NOT sit directly across from the kitchen door....The servers use Wheeled Carts to deliver the food hot in a domed tray...It gets to be like Rush Hour if it is busy,,and the sound of the wheels on the wood floor can be a little "intrusive" if you are in the quiet room....Still a Beautiful experience though...Just a heads up!
I will post a link with more information for you on the DINING thread!!
Don't want to be caught OFF topic on Pop Thread!!!!!!:cool1:

Thanks likeadream and KrazeeK120!

I spoiled Hubby and the last Disney trip we had (in 2007) we stayed at Wilderness Lodge (my favorite). Funny enough that trip Hubby turned 21, this trip I'm turning 27. Anyway I know you kind of get what you pay for, we'd love Wilderness Lodge but since that's light-years above our budget now that can't happen. I'm trying to figure out how much we'd enjoy Pop Century and if it's worth spending $160 extra to stay there and be "on site" versus the cheapo offsite we used once before (Baymont Inn) for a one night stay.

Currently Hubby's opinion is he'd rather save money and spend it on something else. But he's open to doing Pop Century only if it'd be a lot nicer than that cheapo and would make me way more comfortable. (I couldn't sleep when we stayed at the cheapo, not sure if it was the bed, sheets, and/or poor a/c or just me that night.)

It's well worth $160 to stay on property over a Baymont Inn. It's just so much easier. You can take advantage of EMH. If you're driving to the parks from outside the World you can add $14 a day for parking. If not, you have to deal with the hotel's transportation. Whenever I stayed off property (it's been years) I felt like an outsider. When I'm at a Disney resort I feel like I belong. And then there's Stacey.

Do the Goofy's popjets still exist? We will be there in 13 more sleeps and since the kiddie pool behind hippy dippy won't be working, I was wondering if this might be an alternative?
TIA

KELLY said:
I do. Every time I ask for the 60's section. They try to tell me the 60's is all preferred. So now I just ask for a building number when I call in my request.

That is absolutely NOT true!!! The 60's section towards the back facing the lake nearest GG bridge is considered standard. So whoever is telling you that does NOT know what they are talking about!!

:sad2: Nuts.

Thanks for the quick reply though!

You could try asking if you could access the kid pool at A of A across the bridge - not sure if it will be allowed or not, but no harm in asking!

We're bummed as well - the kids pool was one reason we booked pop for our toddler...

Its been a few years since our last stay at Pop! But, its still our fave onsite option. Last year we stayed at CBR and although we liked the pool, we did not care for the resort at all. It was huge and confusing to get around.

We just booked this week for mid april and are super excited!

Can anyone tell me what happened to the pop up Goofy Jets? Why did they get rid of them? Just curious!

Thanks!

Its been a few years since our last stay at Pop! But, its still our fave onsite option. Last year we stayed at CBR and although we liked the pool, we did not care for the resort at all. It was huge and confusing to get around.

We just booked this week for mid april and are super excited!

Can anyone tell me what happened to the pop up Goofy Jets? Why did they get rid of them? Just curious!

Thanks!

I don't think an official reason was given for closing the jets but they were broken more than they worked the last couple of years of their existence. I think the maintenance cost was too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter