POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..phew...just read it wrong. Do they refill it daily, by chance? I don't need lotion so that's no biggie.

The Mousekeeping staff will give you new bottles daily, or you can just ask for them if you don't want full mousekeeping service.

stitchlovestink said:
The shampoo & conditioner is a combo two in one product. I don't care at all for it and I am a HUGE H20 fan. So if you are the least bit picky, I would bring your own. There is no lotion and the soap is bar style. HTH

I use suave, salon series. I'm cheap and it works just fine lol I usually like separate shampoo/conditioner though otherwise my hair gets really frizzy. Maybe ill just bring my own, but the smaller bottles instead of the dumpster size ones I use normally.

PhoenixStrength said:
The Mousekeeping staff will give you new bottles daily, or you can just ask for them if you don't want full mousekeeping service.

Ok good...if we do decide to yse disney soap, the 4 of us will kill them off easily with one shower.

they did away with the popular Mom's night out meakls, even the very poplular FRIED chicken. (yes, they have a roasted or rotisserrie chicken. harder and harder to find good old fried chicken at wdw anymore except prime time, trails' end,)

they took away the verypopular shrimp lo mein, and replaced it with a gross looking shrimp and grits. took off a few other popluare items.

why not leave the most popular? add some helathy items, fine, but leave the ones so many love.

No that isn't correct. Janet has the link on the first pages.:thumbsup2. Some of the disboards one is correct but some is not.

they did away with the popular Mom's night out meakls, even the very poplular FRIED chicken. (yes, they have a roasted or rotisserrie chicken. harder and harder to find good old fried chicken at wdw anymore except prime time, trails' end,)

they took away the verypopular shrimp lo mein, and replaced it with a gross looking shrimp and grits. took off a few other popluare items.

why not leave the most popular? add some helathy items, fine, but leave the ones so many love.

I think I'm glad we hadn't planned on any meals in the food court.

Thanks for the info :goodvibes

Hmm, this menu change alters my arrival plans a bit. I'm scheduled to arrive around Noon and planned on eating at the food court. Might have to hop over to AoA or DtD.

As long as they have the Chicken Penne Alfredo.,,,,I will ALWAYS go there!
The best Chicken Dinner in WDW...SO much better than MOM's Fried Chicken at 50's Prime Time and less than HALF the price....I order mine with the sauce on the side so the chicken stays CRISPY!!!! Try it!!
:)

DIG IN & CHOW DOWN!! GOOD EATS & SWEETS & DRINKS, Too

[
***NEW MENU as of May 2013..... It's been sliced, diced, and seasoned....check out all the new offerings and details in this links

[*]
I think there is a typo on the price of the Chicken and Dumplings!!!!!!!
I don't think there is an Entree ANYWHERE in WDW that is $3.49 !!

As long as they have the Chicken Penne Alfredo.,,,,I will ALWAYS go there!

:)

I'm pretty sure that's off the menu now. We were at AoA a few weeks ago and walked over to Pop for lunch one day. No Chicken Penne Alfredo (it was my favorite meal there -- however, you can "recreate" it over at the create-your-own pasta station at Landscape of Flavors in AoA.). The station that makes the tacos/nachos/etc. wasn't open and one whole beverage island was "roped off" (not just one machine -- the entire island). This was around noon so I'm not sure why a big chunk of the food court wasn't operating. We were a little disappointed as we had walked over there for the Chicken Penne Alfredo and tacos. :-( We've stayed at Pop several times and always loved the food court but we were very happy we weren't staying there on this trip.

The menu linked on page 1 doesn't show what's only available at lunch and what is just dinner.

I tried the made to order tacos at lunch one day and enjoyed them so I wanted to have them again one day we were there for dinner but they weren't available.

Kat016 said:
Ok..phew...just read it wrong. Do they refill it daily, by chance? I don't need lotion so that's no biggie.

OP here--sorry for the confusion. Thanks to those who cleared it up.

Gibbygirl said:
OP here--sorry for the confusion. Thanks to those who cleared it up.

Lol no problem. I don't want to pack more than I have to...it takes up valuable souvenir space!

Im hoping someone here can give me some opinions and insight. We've stayed at Pop twice with a preferred room, and loved it! This year, after running the numbers between Pop preferred and POFQ standard, after upgrading to regular dining if at pop, there is only a $100 difference. Has anyone stayed at both of these resorts? Our girls are 5 and 1, so I know they will like the theme of Pop better. Our trip is in Nov, so the pools will probably be too cold for our southern blood! I realize its just a matter of preference, but Im having a very hard time deciding. A part of me wants to do Pop b/c we know it and love it. But another part of me things for such a small amount more, we could try a Moderate. Are they that much better if you don't plan to take advantage of the pool? Ay yi yi!!! Any help would be much appreciated!!!:confused3

Im hoping someone here can give me some opinions and insight. We've stayed at Pop twice with a preferred room, and loved it! This year, after running the numbers between Pop preferred and POFQ standard, after upgrading to regular dining if at pop, there is only a $100 difference. Has anyone stayed at both of these resorts? Our girls are 5 and 1, so I know they will like the theme of Pop better. Our trip is in Nov, so the pools will probably be too cold for our southern blood! I realize its just a matter of preference, but Im having a very hard time deciding. A part of me wants to do Pop b/c we know it and love it. But another part of me things for such a small amount more, we could try a Moderate. Are they that much better if you don't plan to take advantage of the pool? Ay yi yi!!! Any help would be much appreciated!!!:confused3

We have stayed at both a few times and love them both. Both have great theming but in a different way. POFQ isn't that large and is a great place to try a moderate.

We just stayed at POR and really liked it. If you are taking pools out of the equation then the biggest advantage for PO is queen beds. Honestly though, we walked through FQ to try the beignets and I just didn't care for that resort at all. So if its between Pop and POFQ, then Pop. If between Pop and POR, then POR since the cost difference is that small.

laceyinwonderland said:

POFQ will have a hot tub, which is really nice in November.

Cinderumbrella said:
We just stayed at POR and really liked it. If you are taking pools out of the equation then the biggest advantage for PO is queen beds. Honestly though, we walked through FQ to try the beignets and I just didn't care for that resort at all. So if its between Pop and POFQ, then Pop. If between Pop and POR, then POR since the cost difference is that small.

Yes, but POR has multiple bus stops which *I* would not like because if you are not at the first one you have a better chance of having to stand vs getting a seat. Whereas at POP or POFQ, there is only one bus stop so seating is first come, first served. No having to worry about needing to be in the bldgs closest to the firrst stop. Plus you don't have the time element of making multiple stops before heading to the park. We LIKE that! That is a big plus to us but does not bother others... :)

for that little amt. of money, I would go with POFQ. you all know I am unhappy with the food court changes at pop ( ya think? ;)). we really like POFQ food court. and we really like the POR food court. they are sister resorts. a nice walk, thos a bit log between the 2, but an even nicer boat ride. nov. might be warm enough for the pool for a little bit. the 5 year old will love the dragon toungue slide. there is a hot tub at both POR and POFQ .
plus there is the horse and buggy. even if you don't reserve a ride yourself, it's fun to see walking through the resort ( (starts at POR, but doesn't really go through there, goes through FQ.

ply you can take the boat to downtown disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter