POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! Now I have lots of new things to consider that I hadn't even thought of before! As much as we love Pop, I guess we should branch out and try a moderate! We'll never know until we try!!!!:scratchin:

FYI POFQ is the first stop to pick up and then they go to POR

We have stayed at POFQ and it is wonderful. It is small so it is easy to get around. The pool is cool and the hot tub is nice.

We adore POFQ! We've stayed there several times. Good food court, gorgeous grounds, quaint resort! The pool is perfect for your children's ages. The slide is suitable for younger kids. We are sold on the one bus stop, which is why we also love POP. The boat to DTD is a huge bonus as are the beignets!

We dislike the POR and refuse to stay there again with all those bus stops & the huge layout.

Thankfully, Disney offers something for everyone.

FYI POFQ is the first stop to pick up and then they go to POR

We have stayed at POFQ and it is wonderful. It is small so it is easy to get around. The pool is cool and the hot tub is nice.

Not always. In our two stays at POFQ we only went to POR once once on the bus.

Im hoping someone here can give me some opinions and insight. We've stayed at Pop twice with a preferred room, and loved it! This year, after running the numbers between Pop preferred and POFQ standard, after upgrading to regular dining if at pop, there is only a $100 difference. Has anyone stayed at both of these resorts? Our girls are 5 and 1, so I know they will like the theme of Pop better. Our trip is in Nov, so the pools will probably be too cold for our southern blood! I realize its just a matter of preference, but Im having a very hard time deciding. A part of me wants to do Pop b/c we know it and love it. But another part of me things for such a small amount more, we could try a Moderate. Are they that much better if you don't plan to take advantage of the pool? Ay yi yi!!! Any help would be much appreciated!!!:confused3

We like both as well. I know for us to upgrade to a moderate is 700.00. In reality not that much considering how much we are spending this year. But sometimes you have to choose long vacation or better resort. Plus we didn't upgrade the dining plan. We just pefer the QSDP and pay OP for a couple of meals. . I will say I had the worst housekeeping 2 years in a row at POFQ. I would make the excuse that it was before the refurb but it wasn't that the room was bad. Just mousekeeping was bad.

Honestly I would stay there again. Besides the mousekepping it was a very nice stay.

I agree but both times we stayed there it was around Easter week. Not sure if that makes a diffrence or not. Peak vs non peak times. We only went to por 2 times in 14 days. To be fair we didn't ride the bus all of those days we did Seaworld and Universal as well.

we prefer POP over PORQ and POR, but that is just us. Try it out and if you don't like it they can move you over if there is room availability ;)

I agree but both times we stayed there it was around Easter week. Not sure if that makes a diffrence or not. Peak vs non peak times. We only went to por 2 times in 14 days. To be fair we didn't ride the bus all of those days we did Seaworld and Universal as well.

In three stays at POFQ, only ONCE did a bus stop at POR after picking us up at POFQ. It was in the late afternoon on a DHS bus on an extra magic hours night.

Just order my magic band and picked our colors. They are being mailed to us. Picked out our FP plus as well. Just thought anyone staying at pop next month would like to know. There is only 4 of us but I had to order 8 bands since we have a room only the night before. We have a rainbow of colors coming. LOL I got one green RO and pink for our package. I hope I dont' regret being a test person.

The next Guest test has started. Anyone staying at AKL contemp pop or yatch club from aug 2 - aug 25 is being invited to participate. During the change over until normal FP is gone everyone will still get a KTTW card that can access normal FP. Yes your MagicBand will be mailed to you.

I'm pretty sure that's off the menu now. We were at AoA a few weeks ago and walked over to Pop for lunch one day. No Chicken Penne Alfredo (it was my favorite meal there -- however, you can "recreate" it over at the create-your-own pasta station at Landscape of Flavors in AoA.). The station that makes the tacos/nachos/etc. wasn't open and one whole beverage island was "roped off" (not just one machine -- the entire island). This was around noon so I'm not sure why a big chunk of the food court wasn't operating. We were a little disappointed as we had walked over there for the Chicken Penne Alfredo and tacos. :-( We've stayed at Pop several times and always loved the food court but we were very happy we weren't staying there on this trip.

Looks like we have to find a new place to call home!! and after 30 visits I thought that I really had found the "affordable" place with a good food court....Sounds like too many changes....and not all for the good....thank you.!

GOOFYsince71 said:
so sad. .....I closed my eyes to the hard beds,,and the Crazy busy food court, to end each day with that chicken!!:sad1:
Well to be honest...RARELY was the food court busy at POP this year whenever I was there! I spent 38 days at POP this year so far...the busiest I saw it was at MLK jr weekend! I left frrom my last visit on July 3rd and the hotel wasn't even close to being sold out!! One of the food court kiosks was shut down as was one of the beverage islands. Pretty much every time I am there part of the dining area is closed off. My chef friend said they won't open the one kiosk at lunch unless the hotel is at a certain occupancy level because it doesn't warrant the cost of the food (what they have to throw away because it doesn't sell) and the extra employees to mann it. I guess they looked at the sales receipts to see what was selling and that sold the least??

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to ship some items to the resort. I remember doing this a few years back when POP was our home away from home before becoming DVC members.

This year we are going to be returning to POP :cool1:. I remember the address being in the 1st post of another FAQ thread but I can't find it.....can someone point me in the right direction

Also disappointed to hear the Chix/Penne alfredo is gone that was my favourite dish too:(

tinkerbell3747 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to ship some items to the resort. I remember doing this a few years back when POP was our home away from home before becoming DVC members.

This year we are going to be returning to POP :cool1:. I remember the address being in the 1st post of another FAQ thread but I can't find it.....can someone point me in the right direction

Also disappointed to hear the Chix/Penne alfredo is gone that was my favourite dish too:(

Check out the" Shipping To Your Resort" Stickey at the top of this board.

KELLY said:
Just order my magic band and picked our colors. They are being mailed to us. Picked out our FP plus as well. Just thought anyone staying at pop next month would like to know. There is only 4 of us but I had to order 8 bands since we have a room only the night before. We have a rainbow of colors coming. LOL I got one green RO and pink for our package. I hope I dont' regret being a test person.

The next Guest test has started. Anyone staying at AKL contemp pop or yatch club from aug 2 - aug 25 is being invited to participate. During the change over until normal FP is gone everyone will still get a KTTW card that can access normal FP. Yes your MagicBand will be mailed to you.

Did they select you for the guest test or did you contact them?
We went in March of 2012 and used our ticket cards. Now we're going in October and I'm a little confused and slightly over whelmed at the thought of the bands. I'm sure ill be better once I have them in my hands and using them but until than they are making me nervous.

We will be checking into POP in 14 days!! This is a surprise to DS who has always wanted to stay here so we are doing a split stay. I am also surprising him with the Pirates and Pals Cruise. He is a big Captain Hook fan:cool1: Can't wait to try POP for the first time. This thread is so helpful.

Did they select you for the guest test or did you contact them?
We went in March of 2012 and used our ticket cards. Now we're going in October and I'm a little confused and slightly over whelmed at the thought of the bands. I'm sure ill be better once I have them in my hands and using them but until than they are making me nervous.

Neither it was up today for me to book. But I guess if you didn't get a email it is a glitch. Way to go disney.:faint:

Just did my online check in. YEAH! So excited!!! I cant wait to see Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Mickey and Minnie. This is our second trip down there this year. I am already looking into next year. :goodvibes :yay::cloud9:

Neither it was up today for me to book. But I guess if you didn't get a email it is a glitch. Way to go disney.:faint:

When I logged into MDE, online not the app, I got a pop up box that asked me to customize our bands etc. so I did & then I got nervous because I didn't get an email... So I called WDW & the CM told me that if you we're able to customize your bands you had been selected for testing! I'm super excited to be honest since it sounds like we can use FP+ and the reg FP program.

I'll post the pics when they arrive... We are staying at Pop fom 8-25 to 9-1

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!