POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
the computer pool is in the middle of the 80's and 90 buildings. we have stayed in bld 9 Sony walkman 3x, 2x we were on the back side of the bld floor 2 and 3 and 1x ground floor by the pool. We love that location! close to buses and we enter the food court fromm the front and through the gift shop. Close to laundry too.

We are staying at POP next April 2014 for Easter ::yes:: yahooooo!

soo i did just try to add a day and switch to POP, they were unable to do so on priceline.:furious:

Yeah, that stinks. But, you always make the changes to your reservation with a CM on the Disney reservation line. Hope that everything turns out ok!!

2. Used online checkin which allowed me 2 requests--I chose 70's building and top floor
3. Checkin was quick (but got there at 11:00pm) and got both requests (I only paid for standard view so got a little pixie dust here!!)
This has me wondering why you think you "got a little pixie dust". There are plenty of Standard rooms in the 70s and 4th floor isn't anything you would pay more for. Did you get upgraded to Preferred? What was your room number?

We were there 7/06-13. We were in 50's bldg 3/lakeview--just as requested! :thumbsup2 It was a quick walk to food court, busses, main pool & bowling pin pool.

We didn't eat much in the food court as I was worried having heard so many negative reviews. DD got the pre-made turkey sandwich from the cooler a couple times & the kids meal turkey sandwich on the goldfish shaped bread once. She gave both a thumbs up. I got the pepperoni pizza bread & the cheese pizza bread. Both were good. Had to try the tye dye cheesecake--yummy! CM were cheerful except for one. We just learned to not go in her line. It was never very busy. Even had drink stations & seating sections closed off our entire week.

Bus service was fine--no complaints. Resort didn't seem that crowded. We always go in the summer so was expecting more people. Even the parks didn't seem as busy as I remember from past trips. A/C in the room was fine. Seemed strange that it would come on for a minute then shut off, then back on a few minutes later & repeat. The motion sensor problem previously discussed on this thread didn't seem to be an issue. Mousekeeping was fine. No towel animals which I realize is just a little pixie dust, but at a resort geared towards families, I was a little surprised by this. I was also expecting lotion in the room (along with shampoo & soap.) Our last two stays were at mods so maybe it's not provided at values. The only lotion I packed was sunscreen so I used that.

We walked over to AOA once. Thought we were timing it well to grab a late breakfast (10:00) but the food court was PACKED & CHAOTIC!!! DD said she was glad we weren't staying there. The resort theme is fantastic. Lots of great photos ops. However, the walk to/from the LM section would be too much for us. Glad there wasn't a discount available b/c I probably would have chosen AOA over POP for our mother/daughter trip. We would have both been pretty miserable.

One morning as we were leaving for a park thru the gift shop a CM asked DD if she would like to dress Duffy. That just about made her day!

It was a good trip and we would recommend & stay at POP again!

Really hoping for a little free dining in November, Pop for us from Nov 7-11 and if there is free dining POR from Nov 11-14....

Stayed at AOA lion king suite last time, but walked over to Pop for dinner twice, their food choices are much better!

How do you go about getting a king bed??

Really hoping for a little free dining in November, Pop for us from Nov 7-11 and if there is free dining POR from Nov 11-14....

Stayed at AOA lion king suite last time, but walked over to Pop for dinner twice, their food choices are much better!

How do you go about getting a king bed??

King beds are a request only at Value resorts. You can request one, but since they are in limited supply and many/most are in the handicap accessible rooms it is not as likely you will get it. You may though, especially going a slower time of the year!

Gibbygirl said:
We were there 7/06-13. We were in 50's bldg 3/lakeview--just as requested! :thumbsup2 It was a quick walk to food court, busses, main pool & bowling pin pool.

We didn't eat much in the food court as I was worried having heard so many negative reviews. DD got the pre-made turkey sandwich from the cooler a couple times & the kids meal turkey sandwich on the goldfish shaped bread once. She gave both a thumbs up. I got the pepperoni pizza bread & the cheese pizza bread. Both were good. Had to try the tye dye cheesecake--yummy! CM were cheerful except for one. We just learned to not go in her line. It was never very busy. Even had drink stations & seating sections closed off our entire week.

Bus service was fine--no complaints. Resort didn't seem that crowded. We always go in the summer so was expecting more people. Even the parks didn't seem as busy as I remember from past trips. A/C in the room was fine. Seemed strange that it would come on for a minute then shut off, then back on a few minutes later & repeat. The motion sensor problem previously discussed on this thread didn't seem to be an issue. Mousekeeping was fine. No towel animals which I realize is just a little pixie dust, but at a resort geared towards families, I was a little surprised by this. I was also expecting lotion in the room (along with shampoo & soap.) Our last two stays were at mods so maybe it's not provided at values. The only lotion I packed was sunscreen so I used that.

We walked over to AOA once. Thought we were timing it well to grab a late breakfast (10:00) but the food court was PACKED & CHAOTIC!!! DD said she was glad we weren't staying there. The resort theme is fantastic. Lots of great photos ops. However, the walk to/from the LM section would be too much for us. Glad there wasn't a discount available b/c I probably would have chosen AOA over POP for our mother/daughter trip. We would have both been pretty miserable.

One morning as we were leaving for a park thru the gift shop a CM asked DD if she would like to dress Duffy. That just about made her day!

It was a good trip and we would recommend & stay at POP again!

Something so little caught my eye on all of this...lol They didn't supply shampoo, conditioner and lotion?? According to the pictures on the website and room videos on youtube they show these. I wasn't planning on packing any of that stuff because the resort made it look like they supplied them. I don't want to pack any more than I have to. I need souvenir space :) plus I don't want to take a chance of everything exploding during the flight. See I told you it was a small detail lol

Something so little caught my eye on all of this...lol They didn't supply shampoo, conditioner and lotion?? According to the pictures on the website and room videos on youtube they show these. I wasn't planning on packing any of that stuff because the resort made it look like they supplied them. I don't want to pack any more than I have to. I need souvenir space :) plus I don't want to take a chance of everything exploding during the flight. See I told you it was a small detail lol

They provide bar soap and a shampoo/conditioner combo. POP does not have lotion.

Kat016 said:

The shampoo & conditioner is a combo two in one product. I don't care at all for it and I am a HUGE H20 fan. So if you are the least bit picky, I would bring your own. There is no lotion and the soap is bar style. HTH

bookgirl2632 said:
They have shampoo and soap. The OP just noted that they didn't provide lotion along with them.

Ok..phew...just read it wrong. Do they refill it daily, by chance? I don't need lotion so that's no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!