POLYNESIAN Resort Adding BUNGALOWS

Can't wait! I am not a DCV member. I'm only 14. Parents also don't have one. When I am older I will and this will be the first thing I buy!
Well, with all the current DVCs, your parents can book what's called a cash reservation, just as they would a non-DVC room, without owning DVC. They could also rent points. I hope you get to stay there someday and don't forget to post a BTR (Bungalow Trip Report not Big Thunder Railroad;))

Sure it could be a DVC venture with only 20 units - think really sinister. Make them available as a "perk" only to direct-purchase DVC members and you kill two birds with one stone - raise demand for VGF/BLT and as a rationalization for the enormous price increases on the direct contracts.
I can do sinister:stir:, but with your scenario, I could never book a cash reservation, but I could get close to one in my Sea Raycer when I come over from WL and CR...

If they build DVC at Poly, won't they have to add another pool? The volcano pool isn't very large, nor is the quiet pool. And with additional rooms obviously means additional people which would equal to a very, very over crowded pool. So where would they add another pool or expand the current one?

And a HOT Tub or two would be nice.

I can do sinister:stir:, but with your scenario, I could never book a cash reservation, but I could get close to one in my Sea Raycer when I come over from WL and CR...

You can ALWAYS book a cash reservation - just as you can at any DVC resort. My scenario is the only people that can use DVC POINTS to book are direct-purchase members.

I was lucky enough to stay in an overwater Bungalow in Bora Bora for my honeymoon some time ago, and its really a great and unique experience. We also stayed at 9 Beaches in Bermuda in a bungalow and loved it. I think its a nice & fitting touch, especially for Disney Honeymooners, but I'm sure it will be really expensive and hard to get at the Poly. They are already overpriced, but heck you are paying for amenities like the monorail. I would definitely pay for an overwater bungalow, but I think I'd save my money for a bungalow in another destination...where the water is blue.;)

Too bad they won't be Swim Up :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe each bungalow will have it's own private pool... ;)

I don't understand it either. The whole appeal of over-the-water bungalows are the see-through glass floors revealing the sparkling clear water below and the ability to jump right into the water. I'm not really sure of the appeal to the bungalows over just staying in a theme park view club level room. Both have a view of the same thing. Privacy? I guess. I would think it would be less private with a large ferry and numerous Friendship boats tooting their horns and carrying hundreds of guests by, the hoards of people on the beach before the Electric Water Parade/fireworks, and the rented boats whizzing past.

I am all for Poly DVC, though. I can only rent OKW, BLT, and AKV points for so long! ;)

If they build DVC at Poly, won't they have to add another pool? The volcano pool isn't very large, nor is the quiet pool. And with additional rooms obviously means additional people which would equal to a very, very over crowded pool. So where would they add another pool or expand the current one?

I also have stayed in an over the water bungalow in Tahiti (island of Moorea though) and the big draw was the 'swim' up portion and the clear blue water where you could see the fish and sand. The lagoon does not have any of that - currently. But if they are short on real estate, going over the water is a way to increase their available space for hotel rooms.

And I'm sure many on this thread already know this, but it appears this is part of a bigger project for the Poly including renovations to the ceremonial house, pool, and more DVC rooms. Of course, it is ALWAYS rumors with Disney up until they announce something officially. When they were building GF DVC, I asked a waitress at Mizner's if it was DVC (before the official announcement came) and she said, "What construction?" :rotfl2: Well, she certainly had the Disney programming in her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter