POLYNESIAN Resort Adding BUNGALOWS

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Apr 2, 2013.

1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Well, with all the current DVCs, your parents can book what's called a cash reservation, just as they would a non-DVC room, without owning DVC. They could also rent points. I hope you get to stay there someday and don't forget to post a BTR (Bungalow Trip Report not Big Thunder Railroad;))

I can do sinister:stir:, but with your scenario, I could never book a cash reservation, but I could get close to one in my Sea Raycer when I come over from WL and CR...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. hroyale

hroyale Mouseketeer

And a HOT Tub or two would be nice.

4. MiramarQE

MiramarQE Mouseketeer

You can ALWAYS book a cash reservation - just as you can at any DVC resort. My scenario is the only people that can use DVC POINTS to book are direct-purchase members.

5. WDWKOOK

Got it - sneaky stuff.

6. WDWKOOK

7. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

I also have stayed in an over the water bungalow in Tahiti (island of Moorea though) and the big draw was the 'swim' up portion and the clear blue water where you could see the fish and sand. The lagoon does not have any of that - currently. But if they are short on real estate, going over the water is a way to increase their available space for hotel rooms.

And I'm sure many on this thread already know this, but it appears this is part of a bigger project for the Poly including renovations to the ceremonial house, pool, and more DVC rooms. Of course, it is ALWAYS rumors with Disney up until they announce something officially. When they were building GF DVC, I asked a waitress at Mizner's if it was DVC (before the official announcement came) and she said, "What construction?" :rotfl2: Well, she certainly had the Disney programming in her!

8. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

Even when Disney announces a project, there is a very good chance it will be cancelled any time up until construction actually begins.