POLYNESIAN Resort Adding BUNGALOWS

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Apr 2, 2013.

1. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Oh yay, even more people dependent on the decrepit monorail! :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 Yep

4. MissionMouse

MissionMouse DIS Veteran

Maybe Disney should focus on guest satisfaction more rather then creating new revenue streams..say like the next evolution of MK monorail resort transportation, resort guest parking and pool access controls.

5. jenjersnap

I am in favor of new revenue streams - and it seems clear that Disney honchos are completely in thrall to the (relatively) easy money of DVC - but not addressing the infrastructure issues will be an egregious error on their part. I am not sure guest satisfaction, when it comes to the monorail resorts, is even on their radar. Hope I am wrong though, maybe GFV and PV will mean good things for the poor old monorail?

6. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Does anyone think it's odd that this would be a DVC venture with only 20 units? Or could this be part of a larger plan that eventually includes land-based villas and the possible removal of one Longhouse, as was speculated last summer? Seems those site balloons that were spotted last year wouldn't have anything to do with the bungalows:scratchin

7. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

Hmmmmm good speculation here.....

8. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

This sounds awesome!!!:love:

9. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

We diehard Polynesian have known about this for awhile now. We shall see what unfolds. ;)

10. NeverlandClub23

NeverlandClub23 DIS Veteran

I was thinking the same thing! I LOVE the Poly. Definitely my favorite place to stay, especially club level, but I can't even imagine how ridiculously overpriced (overpoints?) these things will be. A one bedroom suite at the Poly is a mortgage payment every night already...

11. WDWKOOK

:wave:
    Where did you hear about the bungalows? Or can you not reveal your source?;)

12. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

It would only be a part of the total project, though I heard it was to be Grand Villas.

13. CoolPool

CoolPool DIS Veteran

Pretty soon the GF and Poly will touch and merge to become the Grand Polynesian.

14. jenjersnap

Oh, I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of their long-range planning. :)

15. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

It was reported on the DIS podcast. I do think it is part of a much larger plan. This will be the one resort I will buy direct. Having fun reading about all the speculation!

16. luvmy2sams

luvmy2sams <font color=deeppink>Proud Mommy<br><font color=00

We've been hoping for something official from Disney regarding Poly DVC for quite awhile now. Our earmarked funds will be plopped down as soon as it happens. :)

17. ssawka

ssawka DIS Veteran

As Pete would say... "Stay out of the damn lakes!"

18. bluecruiser

bluecruiser Mouseketeer

I'm not saying it won't happen since I haven't listened all the way through this week's podcast yet. But there's a big difference in the clear waters below those Bora Bora bungalows and the murky waters of the Seven Seas lagoon. And what about the critters in the waters? I don't think I want to wake up to an alligator or water snake on the dock at my bungalow ... :scared1:

19. WDWKOOK

:lmao: Perfect! I love it when he says that, but to be honest I don't stay out of the lakes/lagoons, unless those Sea Raycers and boats don't count:rolleyes:. Hey, I wonder if the bungalows will each have their own slip?

20. WDWKOOK

:rotfl2:
    Good one! Will the GF doorman be wearing a lei?

21. NeverlandClub23

NeverlandClub23 DIS Veteran

Maybe each bungalow will have it's own private pool... ;)

I don't understand it either. The whole appeal of over-the-water bungalows are the see-through glass floors revealing the sparkling clear water below and the ability to jump right into the water. I'm not really sure of the appeal to the bungalows over just staying in a theme park view club level room. Both have a view of the same thing. Privacy? I guess. I would think it would be less private with a large ferry and numerous Friendship boats tooting their horns and carrying hundreds of guests by, the hoards of people on the beach before the Electric Water Parade/fireworks, and the rented boats whizzing past.

I am all for Poly DVC, though. I can only rent OKW, BLT, and AKV points for so long! ;)