• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian: Pics of updated rooms Hawaii

Ok, I'm still undecided on the overall new look but in the meantime there is something that I can't seem to figure out...is there some type of blanket/comforter on the bed or is it just a sheet?

We stayed at the Poly in 2009 and while that was a magical stay for us (we had 2 ressies and got a MK view upgrade on the 1st ressie and then CL MK view upgrade on the second), I felt meh about the resort. These pics have me wanting to give it another go!!:thumbsup2

Those towel bars are very odd? I am just,ehh on this. A bit bland. More tropical would have been nice. The bathroom looks a little dorm roomish from one angle. I will have to see more. Perhaps video? Thank you so much for posting! Have fun!

Ok, I'm still undecided on the overall new look but in the meantime there is something that I can't seem to figure out...is there some type of blanket/comforter on the bed or is it just a sheet?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm one that does sleep under the comforters at hotels because I like the "weight" on me...even in July. I may have to pack my own blankets!

Editing: I just noticed that they kept the Tom "Thor" Thordarson prints in the guest rooms. Glad to see that they kept them! I just wish that I could buy a print of "Hukilau" or "Polynesian Day."

I think it's "triple sheeting"... there's a sheet over the mattress, a sheet to cover you, a blanket on top of that, and another sheet over the very top. This is considered more sanitary because they can wash everything more easily instead of the duvets which (to my understanding) weren't washed between every guest... Someone correct me if I'm horribly wrong!!

The new triple sheeting that Disney is going to will not have a comforter or duvet. It will be as described above. The top sheet will have a slight design to it as seen in the close up photos, but it will not be heavy.

I think it's "triple sheeting"... there's a sheet over the mattress, a sheet to cover you, a blanket on top of that, and another sheet over the very top. This is considered more sanitary because they can wash everything more easily instead of the duvets which (to my understanding) weren't washed between every guest... Someone correct me if I'm horribly wrong!!

:scared1:Eeew! We always removed that giant duvet for that very reason. And every day the maid would put it back on the beds.:laughing: Ew!!

I'm kinda feeling the same way :(

The first few pics I saw were very disappointing. Some of the wider views of the room make it look better than I expected. Still, they seemed to have toned down the Polynesianish style. In the bathroom, aside form the brown wall paper the room looks like any hotel anywhere. I think they went for vanilla and got vanilla, vanilla.

daannzzz said:
The first few pics I saw were very disappointing. Some of the wider views of the room make it look better than I expected. Still, they seemed to have toned down the Polynesianish style. In the bathroom, aside form the brown wall paper the room looks like any hotel anywhere. I think they went for vanilla and got vanilla, vanilla.

Some of the best vanilla in the world comes from Polynesia! :) Lol

:scared1:Eeew! We always removed that giant duvet for that very reason. And every day the maid would put it back on the beds.:laughing: Ew!!

Same! I'd put it away every night and the maid would find it and put it back every day, same with the decorative pillow on the bed, which I am sure was never washed.

Agree. The only thing that really caught my eye was the brown wallpaper.

Agreed. And the pillow was just plain strange.

I always say I'm going to do it but never have yet, but someone told me to ask for fresh, clean blankets and comforters/duvets. This is something that has always bothered me. I used to clean hotel/motel rooms for a living way back when...and believe me when I tell you I've seen it all !!! UGH ! YUck! :scared: I always, always, always take chlorox wipes and start with the bathroom. Remember to do doorknobs, esp the ones leaving the bathroom...just use your imagination. :eek: I don't really like the housekeeping in my room to "clean"every day either. I've watched how some others cleaned. It is down right gross ! One lady I worked with would use the same rag she scrubbed the toilets and floor with to clean the sinks...same towel in every room ! :scared1: You just never know. I try not to get too freaked about it but when I get flashbacks....I just can't help it!

Ive been begging them to get rid of those bedspreads! Finally! Love the throw pillows and the turtle wall paper!

I always say I'm going to do it but never have yet, but someone told me to ask for fresh, clean blankets and comforters/duvets. This is something that has always bothered me. I used to clean hotel/motel rooms for a living way back when...and believe me when I tell you I've seen it all !!! UGH ! YUck! :scared: I always, always, always take chlorox wipes and start with the bathroom. Remember to do doorknobs, esp the ones leaving the bathroom...just use your imagination. :eek: I don't really like the housekeeping in my room to "clean"every day either. I've watched how some others cleaned. It is down right gross ! One lady I worked with would use the same rag she scrubbed the toilets and floor with to clean the sinks...same towel in every room ! :scared1: You just never know. I try not to get too freaked about it but when I get flashbacks....I just can't help it!

Ha ha! Those bedspreads are bacteria traps! I don't even like setting my coat on it. As for those large flowered pillows, I always removed those too and sure enough, the maid put them all back.:laughing: I take my wipes with me as well and do all those surfaces. My DH laughs while I do it but then ask him how would feel if there was a sick family in this room before us.;) So I wipe down everything!

I used to do housekeeping in college for tuition money and the lady I worked with did the same thing...used the rag from the toilet and floor to swipe on the sinks! Even then, as a clueless college student I could see how utterly disgusting that was!:eek:

We are thinking of staying at the Poly after our cruise in May 2014 - yeah I know, ages away :rotfl:

Does anyone know what the roll out of the renovations are?

Will all the longhouses be renovated by the time of our stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter