Polynesian: Pics of updated rooms Hawaii

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DaddyBeast, Mar 12, 2013.

1. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

The bathrooms look very nice not sure I like the worded pillows. Thanks for shareing!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

I thought those worded pillows looked very stiff, almost like a garbage can. I think they could have done better with some beautiful florals.

To the OP: is there any type of comforter/Duvet on the bed, or is this the new triple sheeting they keep mentioning, which basically means, bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket and then another top sheet.

If so that explains the plainness of the bedding.

4. kate_wdw

kate_wdw DIS Veteran

Ooh...I like it! Thanks for posting these.

5. jlcd

jlcd DIS Veteran

Like the new bathroom but what were they thinking with those pillows??

6. singastory

singastory Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks quest

Thanks for sharing, looks great!!! :thumbsup2

7. kungaloosh22

kungaloosh22 Mouseketeer

Same here, though I'll wait to see a "bigger picture" view to form my final opinion of the new look. I'm really going to miss the backlit bamboo-look closet doors though, and the green tile in the bathroom. (I know some people hate the green tile, but I love it!)

8. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I agree -- the backlit yellow paneled closet doors were so pretty. I think they are theming the rooms less to please all the people who complained about the old rooms. My family actually liked them (except for the bedspreads).

9. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I am kind if thinking of switching my June ressie to BC!

10. The Fox Menagerie

The Fox Menagerie Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing your pics with us, still excited to stay in this building in June.

11. gjl

gjl Mouseketeer

Removed

12. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

I can't see them either! Any trick?? :confused3
    Thanks!

13. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

Not sure why, as they are working for me. :confused3

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks very nice. When we stayed, paint had peeled in bathroom, and on door, very bad patch work! Looks nice & fresh now. More pics please :goodvibes Would like one from door looking longways into the room to get a better look of room, with dresser, day bed, chairs, etc!!

Did they replace main room doors? Anything done in halls?

15. DaddyBeast

DaddyBeast someone known only as...

The rooms have the RFID entry now. This works very well (so far). At the check in desks they now have RFID readers, so instead of asking for your room number, they ask to scan your key card.

Today Engineering came and installed a bar code on the inside door jamb - it is so they can scan to make sure the luggage goes to the right room.

According to the CM's. the rooms are lighter on purpose. We have stayed here many times through different iterations, and the room feels bigger.

The bathroom really is larger, and those are towel bars in front of the sinks. Look for the hairdryer in the closet. Still no separate area to get ready if someone is in the bathroom.

I will need to clean up a little and then I can get more pics of the room.

16. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I was having trouble viewing the pics when using Internet Explorer. I switched over to Google Chrome and had no problem. Hope this helps.

17. OThopeful35

OThopeful35 DIS Veteran

Love the new rooms!! I think I found our next resort for our 2014 trip:cool1:

18. LiloH

LiloH Mouseketeer

It looks great! We will be there in June and I can't wait.

Any chance you can snap a picture of the new day bed?

Thanks for posting!

19. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

I am looking forward to more pictures of the room! Not sure I am a fan of the brown in the bathroom, but when viewed in the context of the entire space, I think it works. There needed to be something to offset all the white/beige.

I really didn't notice the difference in the closet doors as some mentioned. :confused3 Were the panels more green before? It appears to me, if anything, it allows more light from the closet area into the mini hallway.

Thanks for sharing!

20. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

I loved the green tile too! I think the rooms needed updating, but not a fan of the more modern, non-themed, black/white look. Hoping to see additional pictures that change my mind - I really want to like the new rooms.

21. amg35

amg35 DIS Veteran

Wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!! No more ugly bedspreads!!!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Now this is a real competition for me between the Polynesian and the Beach Club!! Ugh, my decision just got a lot harder....