Polynesian: Pics of updated rooms Hawaii

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DaddyBeast, Mar 12, 2013.

1. disneycrazi

disneycrazi watch your head and step as you disembark

Thanks so much for the pics. We are booked there in October, and we are super excited! I LOVE the neck roll pillows, wonder if those can be purchased? And I love the streamlined uncluttered look in the baths. Just makes me want time to fly till October!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pics. I'm glad the rooms were updated because they needed something, but IMO, the changes are a little too drastic and don't really keep with a tropical theme. As nice as the beds look with the duvets, I like the old bathrooms better. I liked the green tile and green counter tops......made it more "tropical" to me than the brighter, modern look it has now. I think the brighter black and white colors make it look more like the CR (modern) than a tropical paradise.

4. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

Yes, exactly! It seems like the last few resort renovations have all white bedding - what's up with that?? Maybe they got a discount on white duvets??

And the bathroom is so blah! I like the pics of the AoA bathrooms so much better than these from the Poly :headache:

I'm almost afraid to look at the pics of the lounge - I'm afraid they painted all the exposed wood....

5. RunningWithScissors

RunningWithScissors Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

I love everything about the new rooms! The bolster pillows are cute and fun! Great upgrade!

6. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

:thumbsup2

7. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Saw the pics on tikiman pages Facebook , and GORGEOUS:cool1:

Also after looking at pics of room on a larger screen I think the contrasting dark and light in the rooms will be pretty in person:thumbsup2

8. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Great pics....thank you so much! :)

9. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

Love it! It's so bright. Thanks for posting.

10. chimommy

chimommy Mouseketeer

Thanks for the pics...Looks great! I'm so glad they did the refurb.... Now I'm seriously considering staying there :)

11. hgeisler

hgeisler DIS Veteran

I loved the kitschy quality of the original design. Made me feel like I was smack dab in the middle of a Brady Bunch episode. I never had a problem with the "darkness" of the resort,just the fact that it was run down:/

12. Hooked On The Mouse

Hooked On The Mouse DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for posting these! We have been trying to decide on resorts for our October/November trip, and I've been waiting to see refurb photos.

13. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

That did the trick! Thanks. :goodvibes

14. closetmickey

closetmickey DIS Veteran

I am so surprised with myself.... I always like new and despise those cheesy comforters. In fact, staying at the CR this summer and so looking forward to the bedding. But.....I miss the old Poly! These rooms seem so bland in comparison.

But thanks for sharing....and no doubt, the resort will still be a wonderful place to stay!!

15. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I kind of feel the same way -- hated the bedspreads in the old rooms, but the new room looks nice but not too "Poly-ish" now that I see more photos...

16. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

I can't seem to find these on his facebook page - do you have a link? Thanks!

17. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

Guest complaints about the comforters being gross due to not washing them after each guest. From this point on, all rooms rehabbed will be like this with just the bed scarf being different.

18. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

Oh, very interesting! We always removed the comforters too, so I guess it doesn't make much sense to have them. Just gave a pretty look to the room when you first walk in...

19. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

I agree, never understood the phobia about them and these rooms all look so generic now.

20. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

Okay, just checked out the photos on Tikiman's facebook page and I feel much better. :yay: The wide view of the room looks okay - I like the color scheme (don't love it, but it's okay); still don't like the look of the bathroom - just too modern for me. But the lounge looks great! From what I could tell, they didn't change that to a modern look at all :cool1:

21. goofyskip

goofyskip Earning My Ears

Ok just looked at pics and love the new rooms hope when we go in June. That we stay at the new rooms. What other. Longhouse,s are done or will be done by the first week of June.