• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixar Cruises

You are right. The Navigator mentions the special pin station, Not the pin itself or wristbands. I assumed after the fact that this was Disney's covert way of talking about the Pixar pin. I know I saw one person on the 9/23 sailing with it on his lanyard. Unless he was on the 9/16 too, they must have had some available. Since I saw it, I asked at Mickey Mates and was told it was sold out. Perhaps they did not have enough to do a formal selling of them and it might have started a riot.

I have the other one that says Pacific Cruise with Mickey and the GG Bridge. That one does say limited edition of 1000 on the back now that I look at it. There were lots of those left. What bugs me is that it says "summer 2012" on the front. Sept. 23, 30th and Oct 7th are not in Summer! Thank kind of annoys me. :confused3

How much was the Pixar pin? $11.95? I'm kind of bitter I didn't get to buy one! ;)

I think it said summer, because they prolly released them in may for the reps since that is still considered a pacific coast cruise and then summer would b fitting. Also was prolly for the Repo in early sept.

I passed on buying the pacific coast pin since it didnt really feel like it was designed specfically for the pixar cruise.

Oh, there was nothing in our stateroom about it.
I kept all documentation from the cruise..I guess I'm a hoarder.

There is a document called onboard shopping promotion. This talks about everything Vista Gallery, Booking next trip. pin trading but not a special Pixar Pin.

I seem to be talking alot about this so It must really be affecting me that I didn't see it or was sold out before our trip.

I was on the first Disney Pixar Cruise and the limited edition pin wristband notice was on a separate notice that was in the stateroom on the first day of boarding. It was not in the navigator.

Having sailed on a special itinerary where obtaining limited edition merchandise was a huge fiasco, I tend to read everything very carefully, and I know we never received any info about limited edition pins on the 9/23 cruise.

<snip>
I noticed a man with a pin that had the logo for the Pixar Cruise (like those hanging in the atrium) and asked about the pins at Mickey Mates on the second sea day and was told they were limited editions w/ only 500 (per cruise or total?) and they were sold out. I looked back to the first navagator and there was a blurb about "limited edition" pins, but I didn't think anything of it really. Oh well! ETA: when I finally had time to go through this thread, I noticed someone posted about the pins from the 9/16 sailing, but I didn't see it until we came home.

I went to the stores when they first opened (day we boarded) and never saw the Pixar Pin (or noticed any kind of line up for anything). I didn't even know there was a Pixar one until after the cruise :sad: I'm wondering if they didn't even have enough to use the wristbands (or put on display) so they only gave them to people that asked, maybe???

I also bought the Pacific Coast cruise thinking that was the one specifically made for these cruises. I'm guessing it probably was and then they added the Pixar one after they decided to make the cruises Pixar-specific.

If there was no line up on the first day, and the pins were sold out on the second day, it sounds like we didn't have much, if any, chance of getting them on our cruise. I would have loved to have one too!

If we're really, really patient maybe we'll have a chance to pick one up someday. One of the pins people slept in the atrium for on the first DCL PC cruise sold for less than MSRP on evil-bay recently. :rotfl:

Both my mom and I got the LE Pixar Cruises pin. It looks like the logo that was around the ship. We went to the special edition pin event listed in the navigator but they weren't there. However when we went to pay for our purchases they were in a bowl beside the girl checking us out.

We are on the last Pixar cruise that leaves on Sunday...they better have some pins available for our cruise because if not, I will be having a chat with the merchandise manager. It seems that DCL has still not figured out a proper way to handle pin releases for special cruises.

Like bbangel, we purchased our pins at the Mickey's Mates (the kids store) where they were sitting in a bowl next to the register. Here is a picture of the pin:

cruisepin.jpg

There was no mention of the pin that I can recall. We purchased them on the second night of the 9/23 cruise.

Like bbangel, we purchased our pins at the Mickey's Mates (the kids store) where they were sitting in a bowl next to the register. Here is a picture of the pin:

<snip>

There was no mention of the pin that I can recall. We purchased them on the second night of the 9/23 cruise.

Well darn, now I'm really sad I missed out - that's a nice looking pin!

I didn't buy anything in Mickey's Mates this cruise, so I never made it up to the registers there. I more than made up for that in Treasure Ketch, but I never saw any pins over there.

At least you know to hit the shops the first night Elaine. I wish I had known about the pins pre-cruise.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone happened to pick up an extra, I'd certainly love to have one.

Well if you look on the back of the pin it say limited edition of 500. I guess they wanted to be for sure they would sell them all.

I went and checked my pin and yes..it says on back Limited Ed 500..surprised they didn't sell out on wristband day.:confused3

I was on the first cruise. I got the wristband and then bought 2 pins. There was no one else waiting for the wristband and didn't seem to be a big interest in them. Maybe they decided just to let anyone buy them. I remember thinking that 500 isn't really very many, for 4 cruises with probably 8-10,000 passengers total.

So many people I met on the cruise were from California and getting some sort of resident discount (we traveled from North Carolina and chose it because of the Pixar theming). Many of them didn't even know it was a Pixar cruise until they got on board.

Oh, and one other thing - I can't believe how many people I met who had never even heard of the Disboards!! We took the transfer and I met a couple different parties who had cruised Disney multiple times before, and they had no idea the Disboards existed. When I told them about FEs, etc, they were like - Oh, that is why we see those things all over the ship!! I had some extra FEs I shared with a little boy we met who wasn't part of the FEs.

I was on the first cruise. I got the wristband and then bought 2 pins. There was no one else waiting for the wristband and didn't seem to be a big interest in them. Maybe they decided just to let anyone buy them. I remember thinking that 500 isn't really very many, for 4 cruises with probably 8-10,000 passengers total.

So many people I met on the cruise were from California and getting some sort of resident discount (we traveled from North Carolina and chose it because of the Pixar theming). Many of them didn't even know it was a Pixar cruise until they got on board.

Oh, and one other thing - I can't believe how many people I met who had never even heard of the Disboards!! We took the transfer and I met a couple different parties who had cruised Disney multiple times before, and they had no idea the Disboards existed. When I told them about FEs, etc, they were like - Oh, that is why we see those things all over the ship!! I had some extra FEs I shared with a little boy we met who wasn't part of the FEs.

I really felt like the demographics of the cali cruise were different then any other cruise I have taken. Alot of first timers. Alot of people from other countries. There was a huge group from china near our room, and they would run you over everytime they went places.

So i could see how this made the pins not sell out as fast or people aware they might have one.

I'm glad to hear a few folks from the 9/23 sailing got to purchase them, it sounds like they didn't have many left. That's what I get for not going to the gift shop on the first day! Although I might not have noticed it anyway.

I do think it's pretty lousy that really only one cruise 9/16 had a chance to buy them. I mean it sounds like no one on the 9/30 or 10/7 will get one.

Okay, I need to get past this now! ;)

I'm glad to hear a few folks from the 9/23 sailing got to purchase them, it sounds like they didn't have many left. That's what I get for not going to the gift shop on the first day! Although I might not have noticed it anyway.

I do think it's pretty lousy that really only one cruise 9/16 had a chance to buy them. I mean it sounds like no one on the 9/30 or 10/7 will get one.

Seems they were hidden pretty good on 9/23 cruise. I was in the shop but never made it to the checkout. I thought anything special would be by the pin station.

I say poor marketing about this one. I need to get over it.

Did anyone take scans of the Personal Navagators. Somehow I missed the one on the 26th altogether, don't know what happened to it. It was for the second day of San Francisco so I probably didn't see it when we came in late.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I was in the gift shop the first day and still didn't see them. I think what threw me was that I went to the section in the other store that had the Pixar Exclusive t-shirts, etc, thinking all the exclusive stuff would be there. Well, at least I did get the shirt with the logo.

I checked the pins in the DCL exclusive section of the display in Mickey Mates but never saw the Pixar one by the register (maybe they hadn't put them out yet when I was there).

My guess is that they didn't have enough left to make a big deal about them so they just put them by the register for anyone that happened to notice them. I would have liked to have gotten one, but I'm not willing to pay ebay prices for one, LOL.

My son in law bought one of the pins..........said it was the last one. He had to ask about it at the register. Guess that will teach me to read everything first. As first time cruiser we were just running that first day.....seems like by the time you really get to know your way around it is time to leave. :sad:

I too was on the 9/16 cruise. They opened sale to non-wristband holders after we left San Diego.

The infamous menu went for $24.99....another pin went for $122.50.

I'm in the wrong business!

cruisepin.jpg

OMG, did I miss a store.......:furious:....is that the same as Treasure Ketch?? I was in their and the one across from it. hmmmmmmmmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter