Pixar Cruises

It was our first cruise and we really enjoyed it..nothing to compare with of course :) I thought the dining room food was very good..the buffet not so much. I guess I'm easy to please..it seems like people complain about some odd things (not just the cruise board, but all over the place). We did have one family down the hall with kids who thundered down the hallways and one little girl who screamed all the time, but other than that the kids all looked like they were having a blast. All the people we met were freindly and having fun. I thought the merchandise was lacking... agree this was thrown together to sell cruises that weren't selling, but am very happy with the theme and extras (John Lassseter?! That's quite a plus, and the litho is beautiful. I also got the Nike shirt with the logo and the themed hat, so not bad) My 2 disappointments were the awful ventriliquist act and our driver for the Lasseter wine tour (many complained about that one and I received a call from Port Adventures assuring me that had been addressed). Loved our first cruise and booked another!

Here's the response I got for the email I sent (see previous posts)
Thank you for your e-mail.

On behalf of the entire Disney Cruise Line team, please accept my
sincere regret for any disappointment you may have experienced regarding
the limited edition merchandise available during your recent cruise
vacation. Regrettably, there were only 500 pins available for these
special cruises and they did sell out very early on. However, please be
assured that your thoughts regarding a more controlled process for
making these pins available on each voyage have been shared with the
appropriate managers.

Again, I truly regret any disappointment and hope that this will not
affect your regard for Disney Cruise Line. We would appreciate another
opportunity to welcome you aboard one of our cruise ships again soon.

++++++++

I wrote back a little more "terse" than before -- saying basically an "apology" isn't enough, that they should "make it right." Really annoying but still had an awesome time on the cruise...

appropriate managers.

++++++++

I wrote back a little more "terse" than before -- saying basically an "apology" isn't enough, that they should "make it right." Really annoying but still had an awesome time on the cruise...

I'm not sure what more DCL can do at this time. It's water under the golden gate bridge :rotfl:

What do you want? The pins are sold. If they give you something, isn't everyone entitled to the same thing?

Hopefully DCL learned from their mistake which I doubt we will see any cruises like this for some time.

I was fairly surprised by the lack of consistency across the cruises as well. While we had an enjoyable time, things seemed to be changing all the time from cruise to cruise and disney seemed off their game. Little things like not providing 3d glasses when at the end of a speaker they showed the new monster university trailer...In 3D. As well, we were in shutters one night when a cast member was putting up pictures and noticed that the date was incorrect on the photos. We let her know immediately, to which her response was... "oh well...if you want a picture, just tell them to reprint it with the right date." I can understand not wanting to reprint a bunch of pictures that may not even be purchased, but you'd think they would take the ones down with the wrong date since people can view their photos on the terminals if they can't find it UP. I just hope that no one ended up taking home a picture with the wrong date on it because they didn't notice at the time of purchase. The batch with the wrong date was still up at the end of the cruise.

I was pretty unhappy about the pin thing as well. I know that we were third in line on the first night of pin trading for the Sept 30th cruise and no one was able to purchase the pins because they had been sold out on the other cruises. I'm in agreement that they should have reserved some for each sailing so that at least there was a CHANCE to obtain one throughout each of the cruises.

I wrote to disney as well, though I don't expect that anything will be done to make up for it. At least this way, by voicing my opinion, we can hopefully change things for future cruises that have these type of things.

Overall we had a fantastic time, but the inconsistencies across cruises and the few lack of attention to detail, made it fall short of my expectations for a disney cruise.

I'm not sure what more DCL can do at this time. It's water under the golden gate bridge :rotfl:

What do you want? The pins are sold. If they give you something, isn't everyone entitled to the same thing?

Hopefully DCL learned from their mistake which I doubt we will see any cruises like this for some time.

If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or expect to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

I'm not going to post about this again, I would rather remember the amazing parts of the cruise and hope that next time they get it right.

If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or except to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

I'm not going to post about this again, I would rather remember the amazing parts of the cruise and hope that next time they get it right.

:thumbsup2

If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or except to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

"Give" you the opportunity to purchase.

pulling out the mold and making more can't be done with the limit stating "limit to 500" on the back. IF they did what do you tell the first 500. It's not their fault. The best you could hope for is Disney having pins left over. But how would they offer them to so many people?

appropriate managers.

++++++++

FWIW, I received the exact same e-mail from DCL. Hopefully they will change it for the future, but I suppose we may never know.

I was hoping they would find a case in a warehouse somewhere! :rotfl2:

"Give" you the opportunity to purchase.

pulling out the mold and making more can't be done with the limit stating "limit to 500" on the back. IF they did what do you tell the first 500. It's not their fault. The best you could hope for is Disney having pins left over. But how would they offer them to so many people?

Wow, calm down a little.............I don't know what could or could not happen.........some are disapointed..me also...understandable for sure....I am sure that a big lesson has been learned here.

Guess I will forget about the pin thing also............we did have a great cruise...and thought everything was lots of fun........food great..kids had a blast. We were also first timers.........and would love to do this again for sure.

No one told us the big let down on getting off the ship and heading home........now that is hard!!!!:sad:

I thought with all the kids in the dining room was great fun. You are on a family vacation and having them at dinner was just ........well normal..:rotfl2: Then I am grandma and love being around my grands and shareing fun times with them.:cheer2:

If you will refer to my original post and original email, I most certainly didn't ask or expect to be GIVEN anything. I asked for the opportunity to purchase a pin. And I suggested they make and release more pins for people who were on the cruise. Please don't tell me you think that they, the Disney Corporation, make pins then throw away the mold? If they wanted to make more, they could easily make more. They blew it.

If they did that then the edition size would be a lie and that would cause problems also.

I'm so surprised at some of these recent comments. I was on the first Disney/Pixar cruise and I had a letter in my staterooms about wristbands for the limited edition pins as I had mentioned in a previous post. Later during the cruise they offered the pins but you where only allowed to purchase two per day. On the evening they had the Toy Story menus I asked my server if I can have the menu and she said sure. So sorry to hear that some people had difficulties getting pins and menus.

I'm so surprised at some of these recent comments. I was on the first Disney/Pixar cruise and I had a letter in my staterooms about wristbands for the limited edition pins as I had mentioned in a previous post. Later during the cruise they offered the pins but you where only allowed to purchase two per day. On the evening they had the Toy Story menus I asked my server if I can have the menu and she said sure. So sorry to hear that some people had difficulties getting pins and menus.

Any chance you purchased 2/day and are looking to sell one? :rotfl2:

My framed and matted lithograph from the cruise.

IMG_5647.jpg

Love how u framed that...............I might have to do that myself! Thanks for showing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter