Pickle part III

Okay, I'm really going to bed now. I didn't turn my phone off and it dinged that there was an email, so of course, I had to see who it was. It was a notification from here. :(

Take care all.

Kathy... I'm so sorry that your brother is doing so poorly. Praying for him, your family, and his Drs that they can help him.

Drooling on the keyboard is not good. I went upstairs and laid on my bed to watch my Friday night TV, and fell asleep about 15 min into the program. :sad2: So now that I've had a good nap, I'll probably be up most of the night. It's a vicious cycle!

Good Morning!

Kathy, I so hope today is better for your brother. :hug:

Tracy, that's too funny about the ding on your phone...but how does that work? I am so behind the times about such things. Is it your home phone or a blackberry (which I will never have b/c I heard it costs so much).

I'm feeling much more positive this morning - probably b/c it's so light out!!:rotfl2:

Thank goodness I have my friends on my computer to keep me company all week. I'll be browsing the DIS more than I have in months!:rotfl:

Hope it is a wonderful Saturday for all, especially our Kathy.:grouphug:

Another ding on my phone! I need to set that to vibrate or something. It's a Blackberry. I don't have web browsing on it ($10 more a month) but do have access to read and send email. The plans aren't really that expensive. (under $50) My phone was only $30 because it was an upgrade and I signed another three year contract with the service.

I'm glad you are in better spirits today. We are all here off and on to chat when you need us. :)

I am heartbroken for Kathy right now. She is under so much stress. I'm thinking of her all the time. It feels helpless to me to just pray... can't explain it. I just wish there were more I could do, know what I mean? I am sad for my friends. :(

I am heartbroken for Kathy right now. She is under so much stress. I'm thinking of her all the time. It feels helpless to me to just pray... can't explain it. I just wish there were more I could do, know what I mean? I am sad for my friends. :(

I feel the same, Tracy. It leaves one feeling so helpless with no way to be there for a dear friend. :grouphug:

Good morning to all of my Pickle friends...you guys are simply the best. I spoke to one of my brother's doctors about 30 minutes ago. They have him sedated (awake, but sedated). He is on a ventilator for his oxygen and being medicated for his heartbeat. They want to get him calm before they proceed with trying to take care of his heart; he is still considered critical. I told them I could not get to the hospital until tonight as Mark is working and has the car, plus I am babysitting a 14-month old for the weekend. They prefer I not come so as to not agitate or upset my brother anyway, so I will wait until tomorrow (Sunday) night if they think it okay by then. You have no idea how delighted I am that the mother of the 14-month old decided after being an "overprotective mommy" to leave sweet Madison with me...it will certainly keep my mind occupied trying to keep up with this precious little girl.

I'll keep you posted as I can. :grouphug:

Hey Kathy~ I hope your brother continues to improve. Having a little person around will help keep you occupied! Sending prayers your way!

Christine~ If Emily were feeling better we could hop up there and take you out!

MRI was last night at Baptist-- the hospital is actually not far from Christine :) I might have to go kidnap her and have her sit with me once we know when Emily's surgery is ;)
We have an appt. to see the neurosurgeon on March 4th.. until then.. just waiting. We can't leave her alone and she did not do well in the MRI yesterday. The one she had here was easier. They had music for her to listen to and they told her when the noises would start. Last night, no music and no one said, "Get ready" and so she kept jumping and she said her heart was pounding. She came out and burst into tears. Next time, I guess we will have to sedate her. She will have to have follow up MRI's after the surgery.

So, we are just chillin' today and although the weather is beautiful, we are sticking close to home.

Thinking of all of you guys. Love!

Thanks for popping in girl. Having two, ok, now three pickles (Christine too) to worry about is gonna send me around the bend.

I'm glad that you have things to keep your minds occupied. Babies are always fun. I know you will have a wonderful time with her, Kat. Sorry to hear about the MRI experience. Poor thing. I'm glad you are all chilling today. :) Now what can we do for Christine?

I just put a beef stew together and threw it in the oven for the afternoon. Smells delish!

Evening all. It has been a busy day around here. Christine, I was planning to show up at your doorstep and take you to lunch, but ended up having to run a cookie booth instead. Several of my Girl Scouts had to cancel on the booth today because of the throw-up bug going around, so Avery and I had to go do it. We sold 97 boxes, though. Tomorrow we will be out again.

Kelly, sorry the MRI was such a bad experience for Emily. I know this is hard on all of you. Next time you should request that they have some music for her to make her more comfortable... maybe even take it yourself.

Oh hai! :wave2: It's 1:30 am here. I am wide awake. Why, you ask? Cause the dog just barfed all over our bed!!! :headache: I am not a happy camper. If anyone wants to know what regurgitated popcorn from a dog smells like, just let me know. Oh.My.Gosh. Blech. :crazy2: OK, I just gagged myself.

So, how bout them Olympics. I like watching Olympics. They are exciting. And the weather. Wow. The weather has been insane these days. Snowstorms in the south and heatwaves in the North. Crazy. Anybody have their taxes done? Ours aren't due until March 31. Wow, eh? It's snowing out right now. I have had enough of snow. Everyone in my house is sleeping but me. I am not bitter though. The things I do for my family. I am standing guard for burglars. Just just never know these days. Cassidie played in the snow today. Her gloves are soaking wet. I have them on the register drying out. Hope I don't burn my house down. The cat decided to get her nightly second wind. She is tearing through the house like her tail is on fire. Maybe it is. I hope she doesn't wake anyone up. Ok, secretly, I do. Then I would have someone to talk to. Know what I mean? What to do tomorrow. I think I might make chicken a la king. I love chicken a la king. My beef stew was a hit today. Very tasty. I had jello for dessert. I like jello. Peach is my favourite. What is your favourite? Our spring break is in 10 days. The two teenagers are coming to visit. Cassidie will be excited to see her sisters. Should be a good fight for the computers. I think I will hide in my room. Wouldn't you hide in your room? I notice the spell check on this thing keeps underlining favourite in this note. How annoying. Why can't we all get along? Tomato - tomahto. See? There is that red line again. Whatever. Well, I think I'll go farming or fishing on facebook now since there isn't anyone here today... it is today right 'cause last night was last night and it's now morning, which means it's today. Smart, I am. So anyways, maybe later today, there will be people to talk to. If not, I'll just talk to myself again. It's ok. I do it a lot. Don't tell anyone though. They might come for me. They are skeery. I don't like *them*. So...night night pickle pops. I mean good morning! Ta ta. Love youse!

Lord a mercy you are way to hyper for 1:30 in the morning! It's 3:00 and here I am awake. Wynn is at work, kids are asleep, and I fall asleep watching TV on the couch. Why am I on the couch, you ask? Because I am too tired to go clean the laundry off my bed so that I can get in it, of course! So now that I have had a good nap, it will be at least an hour before I am tired enough to fall back asleep. But no worries... the really good sleep will come about the time I sit down in church tomorrow... it always does! Nighty night. Love youse, too!

My goodness, am I the only one who got any sleep last night? Tracy, I was bored too - next time tell me to come over here...since I never get the email notifications did not know anyone was over here chatting to themselves. ;) Did the fur-babies survive the night? how much sleep did yo finally get? Now, if you'd just jumped in the car yesterday morning and headed here, you'd not have had all those problems!!!! ::yes::

Kelly, my heart goes out to you, especially Emily. I am disappointed in Baptist -they are supposed to have such a great pediatric division. As Kari said, next time perhaps let them know (in advance, if possible) how much the music made a difference and the staff helping Emily by letting her know what was happening. Just want to give her a hug. Bless your hearts. Give me a call anytime if you need company - if Michael is still not working he can take Sophia for the day and I will come along to keep you company. :hug:

Kathy, did you have Madison overnight too? If so, you'll surely be up bight and early. A little one sure does lifts the spirits. Have fun with her today.
Do keep us posted on your brother. As always, holding him near in prayer.:hug:

Kari, I would have fainted if you'd shown up on my doorstep!! No make-up, old grungy clothes! But then I would have picked myself up from the floor and hugged you. :hug: Just that you even thought of it is so sweet. Hey, we never did our postal cookie thingy. I left for Savannah right away and forgot all about it! sounds like you are selling plenty - how nice of you and Avery to fill in. :guilty:

No idea what time I fell asleep. Mia has some mild tranquilizer for flying and suggested I take one of those. She has a total of ten, use one last summer, the nine left expire this July, so hey, why not give it a try? Worked like a charm, but wish I'd taken at as soon as it got dak instead of 10 p.m. :rotfl:

Hope it is a wonderful Sunday for all! :grouphug:

Good MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The animals are curled up napping and I'm about one french fry short of a happy meal. o_O It's gonna be a lonnnnnnng day.

Did someone say Happy meal??? Me too, me too, please!!

Oh, wait..that's not what you meant....hold out your hand...here comes a xanax. :dance3:

Hi Pickles!!! :grouphug: to all of you!!!

Sorry so many of you are having a rough time! You all are so strong!!!

Fun night last night for me...got together with a few friends from college that I hadn't seen since graduation....a long time ago!

Good morning all my Pickle friends. It's been so fun (and good for my spirits) to have Madison here. I will say I forgot what it was like to change a poopie diaper though. :rotfl2: She is just a little angel and I'm going to post a picture here in a minute. She slept pretty good in her pack and play. She went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept until 6 this morning when Mark got up to take a shower. She is now cuddling with my Mickey Mouse on the floor. My middle brother is going to see my brother in the hospital today since I still have Madison and try to see a doctor/nurse to see where things stand. When I called last night he was the same--still critical and sedated.

Here's Madison:

DSC00326.jpg

Awww. She is sweet, Kathy. I really hope you enjoyed your weekend with her and were able to keep your mind settled somewhat. Babies and toddlers are such fun!

Heather - sounds like a good time was had by all. I've lost touch with all of my university friends. Glad you had fun. :)

Good morning, Pickles!!!!!

Crappy Monday!

Kathy, Madison is so cute!
Hope your brother is improving now.

I hope all my Pickles have a great day!!!

Awww, Kathy, what a doll baby!! The weekend with this angel was just what you needed. Bless her heart, her mother for the gift of trusting you with her precious little one and you for your generous heart. :grouphug:

Praying for even a little good news about your brother.
c6ea3b64.gif

Kelly, thinking of Emily today and holding her near in heart and prayer.

Heather - hang in there..Monday means one less day until Friday!

Trac - fun chatting with you on FB...sure helps the time fly.:hug:

A little dust for us all for a good Monday!
cc99909d.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter