• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pickle part III

You're only 8 hrs from Disney???

Too bad I have to work.
I'd come down, we could stay a night at your place, and head on down to heaven on earth.

:sad1: You are SO lucky to be so close. Sniff.

..sigh...it's sad isn't it that I do not get there more often.:sad2: Not driving saves me from long weekends...but it is still a whole days drive, so not like 3 or 4 hours.

Wann hear another sad fact? I do not own any Mickey PJ's! :sad:

Does everyone else receive email notification of posts? I haven't been receiving any at all.

Kathy - you've been in my thoughts. How is Markie doing today? And how is your brother? :grouphug:

Does everyone else receive email notification of posts? I haven't been receiving any at all.

Kathy - you've been in my thoughts. How is Markie doing today? And how is your brother? :grouphug:

I get them once in awhile. Not often. I post then come back a while later and 5 or 6 posts have been made. Then I get all lost. I tell you. It doesn't take much these days. :laughing:

I get them once in awhile. Not often. I post then come back a while later and 5 or 6 posts have been made. Then I get all lost. I tell you. It doesn't take much these days. :laughing:

Welcome to the club...or are you a founding member too??:rotfl:

HEY YOU GUYS!!!! Did anyone notice that since our Pickle II thread I was visited by the TAG FAIRY!! :cool1:

The Tag Fairy, changes the writing over and under your avatar to color..and adds some clever comment. I was lucky - mine is sweet, but some are really funny....and a bot over the top for my taste!! Only Tag Fairy's can add color font to the avatars - and if we change anything the color will go back to black!!

Heather, I'll be sportin' my Mickey jammies shortly. Just dropped Cassie off at her friend's place and hoping for a sleepover. hehe I'll be breaking out the bottle of wine as hubby just called and asked me if we had any Pepsi to mix with rum tonight. Guess he had a rough day and he had some not so nice words to say. Ruh roh! :eek:
ohhh....sleepover!!! Just make sure it's definately on before you start drinking. I can just see that conversation now....."um....can you drop her off please, we're both a little tipsy"
..sigh...it's sad isn't it that I do not get there more often.:sad2: Not driving saves me from long weekends...but it is still a whole days drive, so not like 3 or 4 hours.

Wann hear another sad fact? I do not own any Mickey PJ's! :sad:
8 hrs is much better than the 22 hrs I'd have!
I'll trade you your 8hrs to Disney for my Mickey PJ's!!!

It's probably because you clicked "subscribe" before you posted first. I know that if I post to a thread I get the emails. If I just subscribe, I don't. Personally, I hate the notifications, it fills up my entire inbox. I'd rather just go into my user CP to see if there were responses.
Meh. I'll be asleep by 10. :lmao:
Heck, I'd be asleep by 9 and that's without the wine!
Welcome to the club...or are you a founding member too??:rotfl:
I think I'm a member. I'm too confused to know for sure.:confused3
HEY YOU GUYS!!!! Did anyone notice that since our Pickle II thread I was visited by the TAG FAIRY!! :cool1:

Cool!

Happy Friday!!! You all have been very chatty today. And I only had 1 email notification to show for it, too.

We have been having glorious weather today... 55 and sunny. I love the mid-winter thaw that we get in NC! My kids are playing in the backyard without jackets, and the house is quiet. Supposed to last through the middle of next week! :cloud9:

Christine... when I'm home alone, I am fine until about 10pm. Then I set the house alarm, fix a snack and a drink, and lock myself in my bedroom for the night. One of my favorite places to be is snuggled in my bed with a book or a movie. I watched "The Ugly Truth" last night... a bit risque, but freakin hilarious! That may be one I end up buying.

10 p.m.?? You are brave!! I begin to get fearful around 5, close all the blinds, have Jackie out for the night by 8 (to piddle then right back in..she goes on the deck for me lol), reset the alarm - which I keep on at all times - then shake in my boots until morning. I hate that I cannot turn on the motion on the alarm - Mia paid extra for that on a few windows, but b/c they could not install a box upstairs we cannot use it. She did not want to pay for a remote but wish I had said I will, just get one!! It would have made a huge difference for me at night.

For some unknown reason this time is worse than last summer when they were gone for almost 2 weeks..but my friend came down from Boston the day before they were arriving home, then the next day we took an overnight road trip. Even though she did not get here until the end, it was soemthing to look forward to.

I think if I could get out on my own..you know, go to a store or the Mall for awhile, it would help break up the time and get my mind off my fear, but no way to do that.

Okay...I have to try to stop...so sorry. :hug:

What time are they leaving tomorrow Christine? Where are they vacationing? I have to vacation vicariously these days, so I need more detail!

Hopefully you can snuggle up in your room and watch movies in the evenings. And when they get back, Mia needs to help you find some social groups in your area so you can meet some people!

The kid is at a sleepover, I am falling asleep on the couch and practically drooling on the keyboard, so it's time to call it a night!

See ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

Hi, girls. Sorry I've not been around today. My brother is critcally ill and I've been at hospital, on phone all day long. Please pray for my brother. He is a man with a big heart whose heart is severely damaged.

Hey, Kari - they are going to St. Augustine and then on to Melbourne - will spend 3 days in each place visiting family. They also spend an overnight in Savannah each way.

I'm not much of a social person (that sounds so funny!!) very shy in groups. I did try to join some things at my parish, but ladies who are in their 70's have been in charge of everything for 30+ years and they meet weekday mornings, so it is all set up for much older retired ladies.

This is life in Greensboro ...I cannot wait for us to move away from here! ::yes::

Oh, Kathy..I am so sorry. You and your brother have been in my thoughts everyday. :hug: Holding you all very near in heart and prayer. Keep us posted when possible. :grouphug:

The kid is at a sleepover, I am falling asleep on the couch and practically drooling on the keyboard, so it's time to call it a night!

See ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

Drooling is not good for the 'puter. Nighty night! :hug:

Hi, girls. Sorry I've not been around today. My brother is critcally ill and I've been at hospital, on phone all day long. Please pray for my brother. He is a man with a big heart whose heart is severely damaged.

I am SO very sorry, Kathy. I will be thinking of you and praying for your brother. We are here if you need us.

xox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter