• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have totally fallen behind...with my new job, I have so many pages to catch up on!!! Does anyone know if my "get to know you" thing has been up? Oh..and 80 days!!!:cheer2:

Ugh! Sorry to hear it. I was rear-ended a couple months ago causing extensive damage. It took 5 weeks to get my car back - almost would have been better if it was just totaled. I'm assuming physically you are fine?
I'm with you that thinking about my upcoming Disney trip helped when dealing with all the car nonsense

Catching up on everything I've missed, lol..I am generally ok. I wrenched my back, and I have back problems to begin with...but it's going back to the normal issues, so the car accident issues are fading!:thumbsup2 Insurance worked out fine, they're just going to send me a check for the car that got totaled so I can just give a nice down payment for the one I bought to bring payments down (since I had not a whole lot in savings for ANYTHING like this). So yeah, things have been good and our trip is almost paid off!!

I have totally fallen behind...with my new job, I have so many pages to catch up on!!! Does anyone know if my "get to know you" thing has been up? Oh..and 80 days!!!:cheer2:

Welcome Back!!

Your feature was about 1/1/2-2 weeks ago. Check post #3 for the link to the google doc so you can view what you have missed.

ksromack said:
Did you mean you snagged Akershus for your Epcot day or MK day? Will you eat at Akershus then hop on the monorail for MK afterwards? Our ADR is at 8:25 for Akershus too!

For our Epcot day. Still trying for our MK day.

wow you all been chatty this weekend love it:goodvibes. We took a small family vacation up to eagle river, wisonsinfor the cranberry festival and witness our first snowflakes of the season. Got home just in time to watch the Vikings win (they are surprising all Minnesotans). I don't really have anything else that MUST be done just a few things I WANT to get done; a few more disney presents and the letter from santa explaining the early presents and the disney trip (plan to work on that later this week). I really want to book an october cruise (but airfare is nuts).

We have finalized our trip stuff for our March cruise and working on figuring out our June SWW trip that is now a long vacation (because we decided to drive to WDW from Minneapolis :drive:)

Post #3 on the first page of this thread is now featuring new Roll Callers!!

Today, learn all about -

ses1230

and

bellaally

Again, if you wish to participate, send me a PM! Would love to have some of our newest Roll Callers join in on all the fun!

Oh my gosh! I have been away from the thread for a few days and I miss my bio and 20+ pages! I just got caught up, phew!

ses1230 - You can tell that your mum is a really important factor on this trip for you, my Mum is also in an EVC and Disney is the one place where she really does feel free so I love being there with her :goodvibes Super super cute pic of your baby girls, they look so happy especially the youngest - she looks like shes fit to burst :teeth: Nice bio!

Thank you! I am really looking forward to it. I must admit I am a little nervous about touring the world with an ECV - you know all the bad stories that you sometimes hear on the boards...

Last Halloween was the first time my little want really wanted to interact with the characters. She was so excited to meet Snow and be wearing the same dress as she was! I love Disney through the kid's point of view!

Nice to meet you both!!

ses1230: I hope you get BLT! Sounds like you have a great trip planned out. Your girls are adorable!

Thank you! I stalk the DVC member website daily just in case, even though I am on the waiting list. It will be great either way, AK looks beautiful from what I have seen in pictures.

Ses1230, do you mind info ask where you got your screen name?

Nothing too interesting - ses were my maiden name initials and 1230 is Dec. 30, the date I signed up for my first ever online account - aol dialup that took forever, and you got knocked off every time the phone rang. Lol!

Sounds like two great birthday trips!!!! Do either of you have any special birthday fun planned??

DH and I have date night planned while my mom watches the kids - at Jiko! DH's bday is the 17th, so it will be a double celebration.

Yes! I have read reports of people without the package lining up at 2pm :scared:

This is why I don't sign up for very many ADRs, special attractions or try to plan too much. I would feel like I was missing out on the regular old rides, shopping, strolling, etc. I absolutely hate long lines and waiting.

OK, just caught up with the thread finally.

This past week we have been thinking seriously to a move to Sacramento (we are in the burbs} because we have to figure out what to do about middle school for my son next year. The thought of public middle school for him scares me. So we have been looking at schools at houses. The though of getting the house ready -aah!

Last week I wrote another 'sung to the tune of' Disney song regarding this board and the FaceBook page. It took forever but I was quite proud and then I lost it. I almost threw my computer across the room.:badpc: That'll teach me to not save instantly. I'll try again because I think it will give us all a laugh about ourselves.

I am watching the Giants right now and am not happy! Enough said there.

I think I am less than 55 days out. I can't believe I don't have it on the top of my head-too much stress.

Edited to say- Enjoy

I can see you’re planning
But I don’t have a clue
I thought the way to go to Disney World
Was so easy to do

Should I change my ressie?
Add desserts at 9:00
What if someone on the Dis board
Has a better narrator than mine?

Can you feel my stress tonight?
Paying off this retreat
Rentals, buses, groceries, characters
Avoiding young athletes

Planning every moment
Starts to feel so right
Should I fit the only potty break in
Morning, noon or night?

So many things to change here
Just because I can
I have the time so why not get on-line
And now choose Biergarten

Making lists for days
Shopping, packing, even lists of lists
Can calm my neurotic ways

And should my spreadsheet disappear
Or my husband whine
If you don’t see me on the boards again
I may…. have…. lost….. my mind……………

Does anyone have an early morning, before the park opens, ADR at MK?

I was reading on the TPAS :-)rotfl2: I always read that as Tapas :p) that they have PHOTOPass Photographers ready to take your photos on the not so crowded Main St. I'm excited about that - part of the reason I booked CRT early was to get photos but with our own cameras. I didn't think the PP Photographers were out before park opening.

We have CP at 805a on Dec 21 (our only MK pre-park opening ADR), but we also have pre-park opening ADRs at HS (H&V 8a - Dec 20), Epcot (Akershus 8a - Dec 25) & AK (Tusker House 8a - Dec 27)

Cant wait for empty park pics (with or without PP photogs!)

Edited to say- Enjoy

But I don’t have a clue
Was so easy to do

Paying off this retreat
Avoiding young athletes

Planning every moment
Starts to feel so right
Morning, noon or night?

Just because I can

Making lists for days

Or my husband whine

lmao!! That's fantastic! And sooooooo true! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

But I don’t have a clue
Was so easy to do

Paying off this retreat
Avoiding young athletes

Planning every moment
Starts to feel so right
Morning, noon or night?

Just because I can

Making lists for days

Or my husband whine

:thumbsup2 Awesome!

Thank you! I am really looking forward to it. I must admit I am a little nervous about touring the world with an ECV - you know all the bad stories that you sometimes hear on the boards...

Of course you're nervous but remember, the DIS is a small portion of people and a perfect place for those who like to get on their soapbox ;) I have to be very careful when I see the EVC threads - you can't see my Mums condition, she has a spinal cord disease that she was born with so walking has always been painful and it finally made her completely immobile. Because she gets no exercise she is overweight, not horrendously but still. She worries that people will think shes in an EVC because she is lazy.

Granted, its not as easy as being on your own feet but, one thing I will say is WDW is probably the most disabled-friendly place we have been to. I love to go with my Mum because she truly does feel free there. She rides around with a huge grin plastered on her face whilst wearing her flashing tiara - Disney was only a dream for her once, she never thought it would be do-able in an EVC. There will be people here and there that seem blind to your Mum and will cut across her but just chill and remember you can't fix stupid :p Take your time and enjoy. I'm excited for your Mum :goodvibes

But I don’t have a clue
Was so easy to do

Paying off this retreat
Avoiding young athletes

Planning every moment
Starts to feel so right
Morning, noon or night?

Just because I can

Making lists for days

Or my husband whine

Our resident poet strikes again! I love it! Thanks for making me smile :goodvibes

OK, just caught up with the thread finally.

I am watching the Giants right now and am not happy! Enough said there.

Just because I can

That was awesome!!! This is my favorite part. :lmao:

I would say sorry about your Giants, but I am a Reds fan. :duck:

Today, learn more about:
BDL
and
Belle4311

BDL--You crack me up!!!! I feel bad for all of you hockey fans. :grouphug: Every time I think about cancelling my Kona Cafe, you mention Tonga Toast. And I love Tur-mando!!! :lmao:

Belle4311--Jealous of your double digit trips!! Hope you enjoy WDW in December. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter