PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WedgieSock said:
The cynical side of thought he was buying them to re-sell :scratchin

Fingers crossed for that weather. Last year was incredibly mild, warmer than usual. I wouldn't mind that this year :thumbsup2

Ehh you're probably right : /

ksromack said:
That's right....you order the wine and have it sent home, right? Do you have to buy a whole case to do that? I love my wine and hubby enjoys some of it. We have several wineries around these parts so I'm not sure he'd be keen on buying a case when we could buy semi-locally. Do they allow wine tasting there at Tutto Gusto, is it? I have it on my short list too ;) I'm so glad I didn't listen to dh and keep that Coral Reef ADR. I do sometimes get a little nervous eating at a restaurant that has a main focus of seafood. Cross contamination is a concern and I'd just as soon avoid having to be put in the hospital. :crazy2: I know the chef's are probably very good about allergies and such but why tempt fate?

Last time we bought two boxes with styrofoam inserts from Uline. The boxes were cheap and we had them shipped to my mom; though you could send them to the hotel. Then we brought the boxes home as checked luggage on the plane because you can't ship it normally. It was during F&W so we bought a few bottles at the Festival Center but mostly we bought sake. I'm trying to decide whether we'll need the boxes this time. We'll be there a lot longer this time and there's a S African wine shop in AK we want to check out. But if its just a few bottles we can pack them in the suitcase. I guess it depends on how much sake we buy.

As far as Tutto Gusto, we'll mostly be drinking not shopping. ;) Twice a week they have free wine tastings - Mon and Thurs from 3-4. So far no one seems to know about it and reviews have indicated its pretty empty.

disneydad78 said:
MK CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!! 12/13 my birthday! CRT for dinner!

We share a birthday! Who ever decided the 13th was unlucky anyway?

I have no idea what I am doing that day though... Told the GF she has to make the plans and surprise me :)

WedgieSock said:
I went a couple of years ago when they do the flip flops for a $1, limited to 6 per person. I was there at 10.30 and just after me they had to close the doors as they were to capacity :eek: It was awful in there! Then there was a huge showdown between a customer & staff cuz the guy had about 50 pairs - he didn't know about the limit and threw a major tantrum :rotfl: It took me forever to get out.

Needless to say, I haven't been back for that sale. Seriously, its not worth the buck per pair.

This is why I do 90% of my shopping online. Scary.

Tltorrez said:
Last time we bought two boxes with styrofoam inserts from Uline. The boxes were cheap and we had them shipped to my mom; though you could send them to the hotel. Then we brought the boxes home as checked luggage on the plane because you can't ship it normally. It was during F&W so we bought a few bottles at the Festival Center but mostly we bought sake. I'm trying to decide whether we'll need the boxes this time. We'll be there a lot longer this time and there's a S African wine shop in AK we want to check out. But if its just a few bottles we can pack them in the suitcase. I guess it depends on how much sake we buy.

As far as Tutto Gusto, we'll mostly be drinking not shopping. ;) Twice a week they have free wine tastings - Mon and Thurs from 3-4. So far no one seems to know about it and reviews have indicated its pretty empty.

Gee, what a coincidence! Our Epcot days are Monday and Thursday! :teeth:

And here I thought that that type of scenerio was an exageration :eek:! I wouldn't be able to be in a store that is that crowded due to my claustrophobia. Heck, I can't even be in the TRU store located in Times Square, NYC without feeling too closed in. And it doesn't matter if it's during the Holiday season or not.

I'm ok with crowds but my daughter & my Mum aren't so I can understand your anxiety.

I would LOVE to go to Times Square :love: Even though I now prefer my quieter life in the burbs of Atlanta every now and again I crave the city. I grew up smack in the middle of London so love the city noise. Funny, when I first moved here I could not sleep at night because it was so QUIET, it sounds weird but it was very disconcerting for me :rotfl:

Oooh I'm in the low 60's countdown I'm sure of it ... will have to check my Disney countdown.

Does anyone have an early morning, before the park opens, ADR at MK?

I was reading on the TPAS :-)rotfl2: I always read that as Tapas :p) that they have PHOTOPass Photographers ready to take your photos on the not so crowded Main St. I'm excited about that - part of the reason I booked CRT early was to get photos but with our own cameras. I didn't think the PP Photographers were out before park opening.

WedgieSock said:

I was reading on the TPAS :-)rotfl2: I always read that as Tapas :p) that they have PHOTOPass Photographers ready to take your photos on the not so crowded Main St. I'm excited about that - part of the reason I booked CRT early was to get photos but with our own cameras. I didn't think the PP Photographers were out before park opening.

Yes, we're scheduled for CP. we've done it before and, yes, the PP are there at least some of the time.

WedgieSock said:

We did that 2 years ago when we had an early Crystal Palace ADR. We got two great shots, a regular and a magic shot on an empty Main Street!

I booked a CP ADR for early breakfast. Hoping to get a great pic!

Just chiming in that my husband was on Omnipod for several years. WIth insurance changes, he is now on Medtronic and seems to like it. It doesn't make that loud warning beep every 3 days that you can't turn off. That annoyed my DH to no end.

That is by far the worst part of this pump. And, when I forget my remote at home (so I can't bolus). :confused3

That is by far the worst part of this pump. And, when I forget my remote at home (so I can't bolus). :confused3

Yeah, DH doesn't care much for having tubing now, but it is easier to shower/swim with the Medtronic. Sometimes the OmniPod would become loose. Mostly, he is happy to say goodbye to the beeps and some unwasted insulin.

WedgieSock said:

I am still stalking for a before park opening ADR, I'd love a not crowded picture in MK

Good Sunday Afternoon all! I'm sitting at my parents with DH and the kids waiting on Sunday dinner. It's COLD here, but it's not unmanageable. We were stalking ADRs last night and I scored an 825am Askershus breakfast for our MK day. All the times I've been to Disney and I don't think I've ever interacted with a face character! I'm excited for a princess breakfast. I'll still Be stalking for an early MK ADR, but I'm super excited about Askershus!!

Good Sunday Afternoon all! I'm sitting at my parents with DH and the kids waiting on Sunday dinner. It's COLD here, but it's not unmanageable. We were stalking ADRs last night and I scored an 825am Askershus breakfast for our MK day. All the times I've been to Disney and I don't think I've ever interacted with a face character! I'm excited for a princess breakfast. I'll still Be stalking for an early MK ADR, but I'm super excited about Askershus!!

Did you mean you snagged Akershus for your Epcot day or MK day? Will you eat at Akershus then hop on the monorail for MK afterwards? Our ADR is at 8:25 for Akershus too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter